• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedia reservations?

HuggaBaloo

<font color=660066>Bear necessities...
Anyone out there ever made reservations for a campsite through Expedia? We tried going through Disney but were told they were booked for the dates we wanted (third week in November). But, I checked Expedia and they are showing availability (good prices, too!).

If you have used Expedia before, what was your experience like? Any problems?

Also, I went through their reservation process right up to making it final and did not see an opportunity to select a specific loop. If we make reservations through Expedia, can we then call Disney and request a loop?

Thanks for your input! :D

A word of caution about Expedia... Sometimes they will show a resort as having available space, but when you try to book it they will tell you to call the resort directly. I hope that is not true in your case.

I had the same res. problem you did. I tried Disney no luck. Then I tried Expedia and got some promo deal for the dates I wanted. I went through the whole thing and they charged my card for the 1st night. Then I called Disney with the confirmation # that Expedia gave me and they showed the reservation in the system.

Disney told me that my site and loop will be assigned when I check in. I will be charged the balance for the site at check in also and they did know that I had a prefered site reserved.

Hope this helps.

this is my first time back to FW since the late 1970's. I used to go with my parents every 2 years from about 1972 till 1982. Then nothing until I was an adult and could take myself. I am now going back with my Mom, DH and DS.

Airstream71,
Thanks so much for the reply. I was glad to hear that someone else had a similar experience. I wish there was a way to request a loop upfront. We'll be tent camping and we were hoping for either loop 1500 or 2000 so we weren't surrounded by RVs. Don't get me wrong, we don't have anything against RVers, we just wanted a little more of that camping feeling. :D

I do have a couple of follow-up questions if you don't mind:

1) Was your expedia reservation immediately available in Disney's system, or did you have to wait a few days?

2) Did you try requesting a particular loop when you called Disney and that's when they told you that it would be assigned upon check-in? Just wondering as I've read elsewhere on this board that they will usually honor your request if at all possible.

Guess I'll try doing what you did and hope it all works out OK. This is our first time to FW and we really want it to go well...but hey, it's Disney, so how could it NOT?? :teeth:

Thanks again! I really do appreciate the info and hope you all have a wonderful trip!

I am not sure if it was immediately available because I was to busy to check. When I called it was about a week later. I did ask about the loop and was told just to ask at check in. I had tried to confirm my info on the Disney web site but it says if you have a 12 digit confirmation number to call so call I did:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter