Experience with Jost Van Dyke beach transfer. Good... bad?

bump for the question of how long you are on the beach for the full day excursion

I did this last February (‘17). My memory may be a little fuzzy, but I want to say you get 4.5-5 hours on the beach.

JVD/White Bay is great, if a little crowded. I will say this: set your expectations low with regard to the lunch served as part of the excursion, and you will not be disappointed. Chicken, rice, salad, all of it middling at best. Not much else. For the prices these DCL and these excursion operators are charging, I expected better.. And I have had better on other excursions.

I would say that if you are considering this excursion, factor out the “value” of the included lunch. Plan as if you will be wanting to pay for lunch out of your own pocket somewhere else on the beach. If the excursion still feels like a good deal, go for it.

Last edited:
I did this last February (‘17). My memory may be a little fuzzy, but I want to say you get 4.5-5 hours on the beach.

JVD/White Bay is great, if a little crowded. I will say this: set your expectations low with regard to the lunch served as part of the excursion, and you will not be disappointed. Chicken, rice, salad, all of it middling at best. Not much else. For the prices these DCL and these excursion operators are charging, I expected better.. And I have had better on other excursions.

I would say that if you are considering this excursion, factor out the “value” of the included lunch. Plan as if you will be wanting to pay for lunch out of your own pocket somewhere else on the beach. If the excursion still feels like a good deal, go for it.
I don't care about the meal at all. I just want to get as much time drinking at Soggy Dollar as possible. It seems like the full day excursion gets more time on the beach.

It also seems like the hours on this excursion makes zero sense. The whole point of going to JVD is for the bars, yet the excursion starts at 7:30 and ends at like 1:30. I have no problem having booze with breakfast, but it still seems odd that a booze excursion ends at 1:30.

I don't care about the meal at all. I just want to get as much time drinking at Soggy Dollar as possible. It seems like the full day excursion gets more time on the beach.

It also seems like the hours on this excursion makes zero sense. The whole point of going to JVD is for the bars, yet the excursion starts at 7:30 and ends at like 1:30. I have no problem having booze with breakfast, but it still seems odd that a booze excursion ends at 1:30.

If you don't care about the crap lunch, and want the most time possible at JVD, then the TT65 (all-day) is a no-brainer.

I think the 7:30 start time is for the half-day TT14. When we did the TT65 last year, it was, like, 10:00-5:30 or something like that.

If you don't care about the crap lunch, and want the most time possible at JVD, then the TT65 (all-day) is a no-brainer.

I think the 7:30 start time is for the half-day TT14. When we did the TT65 last year, it was, like, 10:00-5:30 or something like that.
thank you. this is exactly what I am looking for.

thank you. this is exactly what I am looking for.

I guess it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway:

I did this before Hurricane Irma hit the BVIs. My understanding is that JVD/White Bay is back to normal (at least, according to the Soggy Dollar webcam), so I am assuming TT65 will be back to normal as well. Not positive, though.

I guess it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway:

I did this before Hurricane Irma hit the BVIs. My understanding is that JVD/White Bay is back to normal (at least, according to the Soggy Dollar webcam), so I am assuming TT65 will be back to normal as well. Not positive, though.
I am going to call and ask for details on the JVD excursion. Unfortunately I don't think I will get a true answer until Disney goes back to Tortola in August

I am going to call and ask for details on the JVD excursion. Unfortunately I don't think I will get a true answer until Disney goes back to Tortola in August

I suspect you are right. When do you sail?

If you do this and you can swing it, head over to Foxy's in Great Harbour instead. I much prefer it over the Soggy Dollar. I don't know how the logistics work, but it's worth a look-see. The bars on either bay can call a cab for you. If you don't mind a strenuous walk uphill both ways then it's about a 30-45 minute walk from one to the other.

If you do this and you can swing it, head over to Foxy's in Great Harbour instead. I much prefer it over the Soggy Dollar. I don't know how the logistics work, but it's worth a look-see. The bars on either bay can call a cab for you. If you don't mind a strenuous walk uphill both ways then it's about a 30-45 minute walk from one to the other.
I've been to both. Prefer Soggy Dollar. But thanks

Ok! What did you do? TT65? How was it!
It was fine. They did two different trips. A morning one and an afternoon one. You get about 2.5-3 hours on the beach. We enjoyed it but the value really isn’t there compared to getting a group together to rent a charter boat and doing it all yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter