Experiences in Early February?

WDWMommy

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm new to these forums! My hubby and I have trip planned for our daughter's 3rd birthday (Feb. 2nd). We will also be fortunate enough to be there for our own birthdays as they are Jan 31st (hubby) and Feb 4th (mine...our baby boy turns 1 on Valentine's day, neato huh?)! We are booked at All Star Movies Jan 31st-Feb 5th through Dreams Unlimited. We have always gone to WDW during spring and summer and I don't know of anyone with experience visiting this time of year. Thats why I'm turning to you guys! Is there anyone out there who has visited during January or early February? How is the weather? the crowds? Any help appreciated!
******************************WDWMommy

Welcome to the Dis, WDWMommy!! Glad you found us, you'll find so much great info on these boards!! To answer your question, we were at WDW this past Jan 27-Feb 3rd, and it was great!! We had a good week as far as weather, most days it was in the 70's/80's, one day it was rainy, but for the most part we were in shorts, etc. Just make sure you pack for all sorts of weather, bring a jacket, long pants and shirts, etc. for the cooler days and nights.

The crowds are small, we had no problem with long lines or overcrowded busses (Except when leaving MK a couple of nights after the fireworks, but it still wasn't all that bad).

We will be going Jan 5th-12th 2002, and we also did the Jan/Feb vacation in 2000 as well, and we've always had a wonderful time, and vow we'll always go at that time of year! Have a great time, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Boy, you will have some great Birthdays!!Mine is also Feb 4th,
I went this past Feb with my sister and sister-in law and it was so nice , not crowded and the weather was beautiful. i have gone other times but i really enjoy going in Feb!! Happy Birthday to all of you and have fun!
Mrsmom
allstar Dec 95"
Holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98'
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
Hotel Royal Plaza Feb 2001
Wyndham palace and spa Sept 2001
Westgate lakes Nov 2002

For the past three years we've gone sometime between 1/30 and 2/15. The first year was sunny and 70"s every day - no rain. The second year was overcast and cooler - now swimming or water parks that year. And one day, it was downright cold and raining (great day to do some of the inside stuff at Epcot. Last year it was high 70's and sunny almost every day. Only one spotty shower. Watch the long range weather forecast and pack accordingly.

Our last visit was the end of January 2001. The parks were wonderful - very little waiting in line, dropped in to "sit down" eateries with no problems, sunny days, etc. The weather was good, but we had a few really cold mornings and evenings. Everyone offering advice on the DIS recommended dressing in layers. Great advice!

I would recommend for everyone in the family: shorts, short-sleeved shirts, jeans/pants, sweatshirts, light jacket, heavy jacket or light coat. We wore a combination of all the above, usually starting out in short sleeved shirts, sweatshirt, light or heavy jacket, and jeans, and then removing piece by piece until we were in short sleeved shirts and jeans or shorts. Ditto the layers for the evenings. Sounds like a lot of laundry, but you can reuse the sweatshirts, jackets, etc. unless the kids have a food catastrophe!

I'll never go back in the summer (OK, I lied, I'd go back any time) if I can help it - it was chilly but fabu!!! BTW - swimming was out of the question all but one afternoon while we were there...

Have a great trip!
Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter