Expo and DVC Questions

amym2

DIS Veteran
We’ll be there for our family’s first Disney race (half marathon) in January. We arrive Fri morning around 8am and will take the DME to Beach Club to check in and leave our luggage. I see that the expo is open 9:30-7. Other than a 6pm ADR, we don’t have plans. Should we take the bus to the expo just after checking in or plan to go later? Is it crowded all day long?

We may want to schedule a DVC meeting at SSR (already members, considering adding on), so we’re debating about whether to do that before or after the expo. Anyone know if they’d pick us up from the expo or take us there? I know we could take a SSR bus if needed, but we might as well take advantage of more personal service if we can!

I’d go to the expo first and get it over with. If you are looking to buy any extra merch you definitely need to be there early before things sell out. Crowds may die down later, but they may not. As I understand it the expo for marathon weekend will be set up differently than last years so it may help people get in and out faster.

As for the DVC maybe if you have a meeting they will drop you off at the expo, but you’d really have to call and ask. It usually depends on if Mears vans are available. It’d probably be easiest to just check in and head right to the expo by bus.

I would go to the expo first to get it all done with.

We may want to schedule a DVC meeting at SSR (already members, considering adding on), so we’re debating about whether to do that before or after the expo.

Might consider seeing if there are Dvc tour signups at the expo and set it up there. My cousin got a terrific gift card doing it that way. I went along as well but only partook in their breakfast buffet (and could have had ice cream at the end but didn’t want it) because I wasn’t looking to buy more.

Might consider seeing if there are Dvc tour signups at the expo and set it up there. My cousin got a terrific gift card doing it that way. I went along as well but only partook in their breakfast buffet (and could have had ice cream at the end but didn’t want it) because I wasn’t looking to buy more.
Hmm, interesting. I hadn’t thought about there being a DVC presence at the expo. I wonder if we’d get more perks if we waited to sign up for a tour there.

It can vary but it seems that times right after opening and early evening are the busiest. We like to hit the expo around lunchtime and crowds seem to be a little lighter.

Since it is very easy to get sucked into extra walking at Disney before races, I would see if there is something you could do at the resort or boardwalk area that morning. That allows you to hit the expo midday and then return to the resort to finish settling in, prep race gear and then have a little rest before the dinner. Then after dinner off to bed for the 3 or 3:30 wake up call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!