Express Pass Queues

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I know that many of the queues are part of the ride experience. Which rides have queues that I would miss things by using the Express Pass line? Is there a list somewhere?

I know that many of the queues are part of the ride experience. Which rides have queues that I would miss things by using the Express Pass line? Is there a list somewhere?
I’ve been reading a Universal guide book and the author recommends going all the way through the Forbidden Journey and Gringotts ride queues at least once, and also says that Kong and, I think, MIB have story elements to the queues that will be missed if you use single rider or express.

Forbidden Journey you have go through at least once, or at least ask if you can take a tour (usually they have a queue available just for people to walk through).

For Gringotts, it isn't a "must see" depending on who you speak to, but the bank is impressive (what you first see when you go into the building), however most of the queue isn't, until you get into the elevator. Which is short, but a little fun.

MIB has storyline elements to the queue, however it's not a "must see" queue experience.

In Kong, the only thing to go for is "The Witch", which technically you can see from the EP line, you'll just be off to the side and just not as close.

Gringotts- express follows the same path inside. Doesn’t go outside but neither does standby if it’s not at least 30mn wait. Not much to see out there anyways.

FJ- no tour line now. That line is now the express line. Skips the dungeon, green house, and entry but allows for uninterupted lingering to obeserve everything else. Portait room is seperate and you can actually hear what the founders are saying.

MIB- if you’re a huge fan, do standby once. Express skips the preshow and break room.

Express skips a lot for Mummy, Spiderman, E.T., Trolly in the Sky, and maybe Transformers (I rarely ride that). Spiderman you do actually see a lot, but it’s mostly different. E.T. isn’t a big deal, just a few things in the forest. Trolly skips paintings of the story and the star put on machine, not a big deal.

My biggest consideration would be how many days you will be at USO. If it is a short trip, then I would only use Express and save time. The only exception, for me, might be if there are big-time Harry Potter fans in the group. In that case, I would use Early Entry and go through the regular queues once and then use Express every time after that (Forbidden Journey, Gringott's, and Hogwarts Express (you would miss the walking through the wall effect - be sure to look for it ahead of you in line). I wouldn't bother going through the regular line for Flight of Hippogryph though. If you visit after the new HP ride opens, then that is anyone's guess about the regular vs. Express line, but I would assume the new ride will have an interesting queue (if there even is an Express option this year - there is no indication that there will be an Express line this year).

My biggest consideration would be how many days you will be at USO. If it is a short trip, then I would only use Express and save time. The only exception, for me, might be if there are big-time Harry Potter fans in the group. In that case, I would use Early Entry and go through the regular queues once and then use Express every time after that (Forbidden Journey, Gringott's, and Hogwarts Express (you would miss the walking through the wall effect - be sure to look for it ahead of you in line). I wouldn't bother going through the regular line for Flight of Hippogryph though. If you visit after the new HP ride opens, then that is anyone's guess about the regular vs. Express line, but I would assume the new ride will have an interesting queue (if there even is an Express option this year - there is no indication that there will be an Express line this year).

One exception, the hogwarts express queue combines before the walking through the wall part, so express line gets to see that part too.

Express skips a lot for Mummy, Spiderman, E.T., Trolly in the Sky, and maybe Transformers (I rarely ride that).

Never been in the EP line for Transformers, but I know the single line queue well and it's essentially the same thing as the regular queue, only faster. The only thing is you do not see, or go by, is the room with maybe a few props made for the ride / the stuff on the walls. Which wasn't that impressive, but is supposed to give you an idea of the story, but I feel like you get more of an explanation through the videos. In the single rider line, there are videos displayed, just like the other queue, but you do not get the safety video.

I didn't consider Transformers as being all that impressive when I first went through. It looks bland and mainly a lot of videos to "entertain" you. If you've been to Flight of Passage at Disney it's reminiscent of that. A lot of made up, medical / facility / government talk. Which bored me.

But the ride is amazing! :laughing:

By that I mean Transformers and Flight of Passage.

Thank you for all the advice. I have been once and done Forbidden Journey, but it was before they had Express. I am a huge Potter fan, so I know I’ll be doing those queues first without Express. I just didn’t know what I’d be missing on some of the newer rides. Again, thanks so much for the responses. You’ve all been very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!