Express pass with new guidelines?

_Laurie_D

Mouseketeer
What's everyone's opinion on the express pass given with deluxe resorts? Do you think they will still have express lines available with the new guidelines when the parks first open?

What's everyone's opinion on the express pass given with deluxe resorts? Do you think they will still have express lines available with the new guidelines when the parks first open?
I think so...maybe not right at first...but soon afterwards. they are going to keep people 6 feet apart and there will be lots of cleaning everywhere... which is good. We'll just have to wait and see.

If I could piggyback off the original question with a semi-related question, has anyone done the math on when the cost of upgrading to a Deluxe resort offsets the cost of Express Pass? I’m also curious on the break even point for upgrading from the preferred to premier annual pass to get the Express Pass after 4? I would love to see the numbers because I’m a data geek.

If I could piggyback off the original question with a semi-related question, has anyone done the math on when the cost of upgrading to a Deluxe resort offsets the cost of Express Pass? I’m also curious on the break even point for upgrading from the preferred to premier annual pass to get the Express Pass after 4? I would love to see the numbers because I’m a data geek.
Way too many variables! Number of guests, time of year, discounts available, just for a start. It would have to be done on a case by case basis. Me staying solo will be different from a family of 4 obviously.

Way too many variables! Number of guests, time of year, discounts available, just for a start. It would have to be done on a case by case basis. Me staying solo will be different from a family of 4 obviously.
Sounds like a fun project for a rainy day, crunch some numbers and come up with a best and worst case scenario.

With out knowing your dates or size of your party, can only make a general statement

Hotel rates and ep costs, vary by date.

Will use made up round numbers to explain why staying at a deluxe has its perks.

If you have 2 adults and 3 kids and stay at a deluxe hotel, most likely worth the cost.

I do not have numbers in front of me but on the high end if the ep would be selling for $100 w/ taxes for one day and your hotel room at Hard Rock is $330 per night, cheaper to book premier hotel.

For 5 people even 4 or 3 in the room, you come out ahead.

The bonus of staying premier for one night is your hotel free perks of free unlimited usage of the ep, is also valid the day you check out of the hotel.

I’m sure the express lines in the park will continue.

Some peeps would skip the premier hotels if they lost that perk of free ep.
I know I would immediaetly change my reservation from royal pacific to Sapphire! We actually liked Sapphire better but we really need the FOL so booked at Royal!

That would do it for us. Family of 4 and the unlimited ep is the reason we go to Royal Pacific. Last year we were 500 a night but we booked a suite with separate bedroom. We have a drink at the pool and usually have nachos once but generally we eat at the parks and citywalk. We love RP but if the ep pass was gone or downgraded to 1 ride per day it would remove the perk and we would end up at a cheaper hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!