Extra Magic Hour Question

MarkMichaels

Mouseketeer
We are getting into Disney on a Saturday afternoon to pick up annual passes this year, but staying offsite that day since we don't get in till mid afternoon. Sunday we will check into a onsite resort. My question is, even though rooms won't be ready, can we check in at 7 am and go to EMH at Magic Kingdom Sunday?

If so, I would run over check in, then go back to the offsite hotel and pick up the family so they could sleep in a bit. (Don't understand how those people can sleep when theres parks to go to!)

Thanks
Mark

I know you can check in early and, although not the case with you, get your length of stay passes and use them that day so I would assume that you could also take advantage of EMH. You should call CRO when you get to Orlando just to be sure.

Definitely. We've done that many times. You are welcome to "pre-register" at the resort in the A.M. and they will give you your resort id's at that time so you can go off and enjoy the parks.

In reading the first question, I had a question of my own. I know that, when one is using a length of stay pass, your key card is used for park entry. I'm staying on property, but I'll be using an AP to get in. Will I need to show a CM my room key to enter if I go in on an early morning, since I won't be running my key to get access into the parks?

Originally posted by JenniBarra
In reading the first question, I had a question of my own. I know that, when one is using a length of stay pass, your key card is used for park entry. I'm staying on property, but I'll be using an AP to get in. Will I need to show a CM my room key to enter if I go in on an early morning, since I won't be running my key to get access into the parks?

Recent posts have indicated that CMs have been a bit more dilligent in checking resort IDs before allowing people to enter the park for Extra Magic Hour, regardless of the type of ticket used to enter the park. Certianly it's not 100% of the time, but you'll be running that risk if you don't check-in at the hotel first. If you have some sort of a written confirmation of your reservation, it may work just as well.

But be warned that some posts did indicate guests being turned-away from the park if they could not produce their room key.

As long as you go to the resort first, and pre register, you will be given a resort ID that you can use to gain access to the Extra Magic Hour.

Last week there were CMs posted out front of the open EE turnstiles. As people walked up the CM would hold up a sample room keycard and ask people to be ready to show theirs to the CMs at the turnstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter