Extra Magic Time

disrunner9

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I'm going for HM Weekend in September and will be staying at Sequoia Lodge for my first on property stay at a Disney resort. Regarding Extra Magic Time, generally which attractions are open at the Studios and at Disneyland Park each morning? We are traveling with a 1 year old so I'm also hoping that characters will be available possibly.

Thanks so much!

Hello everyone! I'm going for HM Weekend in September and will be staying at Sequoia Lodge for my first on property stay at a Disney resort. Regarding Extra Magic Time, generally which attractions are open at the Studios and at Disneyland Park each morning? We are traveling with a 1 year old so I'm also hoping that characters will be available possibly.

Thanks so much!
Here are the ones that were open during my trip in June. That is subject to change, but they did have a little brochure they gave me at check-in which listed the rides. And of course things could be broken down and not start on time. Also EMT usually 8:30-9:30 with official park open at 10, but every morning I was there they let in everyone else at 9:30. I think from 9:30-10 guests mostly had access to the EMT rides, with the rest not opening until 10, but I never actually tried to go on any non-EMT rides during that 30 minutes (I did see people lining up outside Autopia before 10 though).

Studios: Everything except for Crush was a virtual walk-on (or just wait for the next load cycle). Crush was about 10 minutes for getting in right at start of EMT, then I looped around for another go and it was about 20 minutes. By the time that was done, the wait was over 45 minutes.
-Crush’s coaster
-Ratatouille
-Rock n Roller Coaster
-Toy Soldier parachute drop
-While the cars rally ride wasn’t on the brochure, I saw it open.
-I did see director Goofy and Pluto in the front lot area during EMT.

Disneyland: only Fantasyland and Discoveryland are open, though not every ride in each area is open.
-Peter Pan
-Dumbo
-Pinocchio
-Carousel
-Princess pavilion
-Buzz Lightyear
-Orbitron
-Hyperspace Mountain
-I didn’t notice any characters roaming around.

You will find characters like Mickey and/or Minnie, Pluto/Goofy, Chip&Dale and Donald at the beginning and end of Maon Street.

I think below rides are open and with a 1 year old, I would stick to Disneyland Park and not the Studios.

Disneyland Park

• Dumbo the flying elephant
  • Le carrousel de Lancelot
  • Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Princess Pavilion
  • Meet Mickey Mouse
Walt Disney Studios Park

• Crush’s Coaster
  • Ratatouille: L’aventure totalement toquée de Rémy
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
  • Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop

Appreciate the info! We are doing two park days and I think Disneyland is only available for one of them, so we are definitely doing EMT at Disneyland that day. I think Peter Pan is being refurbished which is unfortunate, but I'm excited for any characters or Fantasyland that will be available.

The other day we will do Studios and ride Crush's Coaster as my wife has never done that - we will swap watching our son while the other one rides

You will find characters like Mickey and/or Minnie, Pluto/Goofy, Chip&Dale and Donald at the beginning and end of Maon Street.

I think below rides are open and with a 1 year old, I would stick to Disneyland Park and not the Studios.

Disneyland Park

• Dumbo the flying elephant
  • Le carrousel de Lancelot
  • Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Princess Pavilion
  • Meet Mickey Mouse
Walt Disney Studios Park

• Crush’s Coaster
  • Ratatouille: L’aventure totalement toquée de Rémy
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
  • Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop

EMT is available in both parks every day, so the choice of which park isn’t limited by the day.

One day I actually did bits at each park. I started at the studios and planned to ride Crush but unfortunately it was down (and didn’t open until around noon). I ended up doing Ratatouille as a walk-on (and was the only person in my car). I had originally planned on staying at the studios that morning but had done every ride I wanted to there, and also had an unrelated disappointment, so rather than being annoyed and upset, I ended up going over to Disneyland at around 9 and was able to ride Orbitron and Dumbo before park open, plus wait for the first train of the day at Fantasyland station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!