Delete Thread

I'm glad you got to try Jiko and I'm looking forward to your next Vlog.
First your drink looks so good glad to hear it tasted as good as it looked.
The filet looks amazing and pared with macaroni and cheese :cloud9:
That's great they sang to you and brought you a free dessert.

I only recently learned of Tiffins existence and your food looks pretty awesome. I know you mentioned not liking the octopus, but that picture has actually made me want to go there to try it. Your free birthday dessert looks nice, I love how Disney does that for birthdays. It makes everything seem extra magical.

Sorry to hear about your experience at Tiffins! This was one of my favorite meals from last trip - although I agree it's a lot of food.

We have an ADR for Boma in December - I think we made a good choice.

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how far behind I was on your dining report. This is embarrassing

While small, I think this area is absolutely beautiful.

I agree! L has always been super into mythology, so he loved this area, and it was one of the best themed parts of the parks (outside of HP of course, and we also loved the Jurassic Park area)

Remember the Baha Men? The Kitchen does :rotfl:

:rotfl2:
I got: Mac & Cheese
Pasta Shells, Manchego, Monterey Jack and Cheddar.

YUM!! Even if the picture is blurry, it sounds so good!

I somehow took a much better picture of Josh's flourless chocolate cake with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. He liked this, but isn't a huge chocolate fan (I know he's crazy!) so he only had a few bites, and yes I ate some of this too...for research purposes.

img_3703-jpg.244902

This looks beautiful!!

I got: Gourmet Burger
Land Lettuce, Tomato, House Pickles, Truffle Fries, Aïoli

ok, between you and @Ariane, I'm going to have to get this thing.

Josh declined to have any saying he didn't really like macarons.

Whaaat?? :faint: Macarons are my favorite. IF they're made properly. I hated the ones from Amorette's so much I threw them away, so maybe he just hasn't had a really good one.

Watermelon Cucumber Slush (Non-alcoholic)

This was one of my favorite things from the festival! (although I didn't try a ton of things, admittedly) Mine was a great balance of watermelon to cucumber though, with more of a lean toward watermelon. I was sad I didn't get this my first day of the festival and ended up with that lemonade/strawberry slushie thing with vodka, which was :crazy2:

Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream

img_2477-jpg.244888

This was my favorite from the festival! A little bit of spice that's balanced out nicely by the black bean cake and the cilantro lime sour cream. This dish was perfect.

My big regret from the festival...I wanted this so much, but I was never over there when I was actually wanting food. This makes me sad b/c it looks so good!!

However they were not as good as I thought they'd be. Everyone raves about the frushi, but I found this to be kind of a one and done.

And I didn't like this, I just didn't think it was very good.

Me either. Mine was drowning in grease. A huge disappointment.

Be Our Guest

lunch is my least favorite meal there, but the pork dish is so, so good. The only thing I'll order from the lunch menu...I even considered just pre-ordering even for my mom in October and not giving her a choice, LOL!! (in reality, I'll wait until the day before or something and let her choose...but I will heavily encourage her to pick the pork!)

I can't even tell you how many nights I almost booked a meal here in May. Probably every single night of the trip outside of the Tiffins night. I would pull it up on the app and consider it...but then I'd decide I was fine with either not eating or grabbing quick serve. Another regret! I would have ordered what you got - it looks good!

If you've ever read my dining reviews before you'll know my standout from this plate was the banana bread pudding. :lovestruc

Yes!! It was amazing. But I got BOTH sauces on mine, lol!!

They brought Josh out gluten free Mickey waffles.

0ZO3Xrel.jpg

For some reason these look cuter and happier than regular Mickey waffles to me! Maybe they're not as dark?? the one on the right in particular just looks super happy he's about to be eaten.

Black-Eyed Pea Fritters
Zhough, Yogurt, Peppadew Purée

This was my backup choice to the octopus, I'm glad to see a picture of them!

Marinated Grilled Octopus
Salsify, Saffron Aïoli, Lemon-Caper Olive Oil

Mine was so good! Mine also seemed less liquidy than Josh's...but I'm glad he still liked it! It was a favorite of mine for sure!

I just wasn't a huge fan of this dish. The feta absolutely overpowered the taste of anything else in the dish

I couldn't understand why this had feta on it to begin with...I can't quite get my head around that flavor working with this pasta. Your review kind of solidified my thought that it would overwhelm the other flavors. I'm sorry it wasn't awesome :sad1:

I definitely spoiled him the night before at Jiko. He enjoyed his dish, but said it was a little overcooked and in no way compared to the wagyu beef he had there the night before. Also the guy who loved octopus was terrified to try a purple potato. :eek: I offered to have some for him, but then he bit into it and said "oh it's just a regular potato". Which I had been trying to tell him :rotfl:

His beef looks a lot different than the other photos I've seen, I understand why he said it was overcooked. I think he maybe had an off night with that dish. I was laughing over the purple potato :rotfl:

and a Joe Rohde print

I didn't get one!! Boo! Would much rather have had the print than the bucket (although then I'd have had to carry it around too!)

Going to go get caught up on your regular report now!!

The Seuss area is well done too, but Josh was a weird kid who apparently never read/watched Dr Seuss stuff so he doesn't understand what's going on there.

I don't even think I can comprehend that he didn't have a Seussical childhood! That is sad!

I WISH WE COULD SEE THEM AT FOOD AND WINE :rotfl:

That would be the best TR title ever!! And if you saw them, there would have to be themed shirts involved!!

(I'm super sad I"m missing Hanson at F&W :sad: I wanted to see them in concert this year but I waited too long for tickets and everywhere convenient is sold out already.)

I don't think he's ever had one! I've never seen him eat any.

They're gluten free, made with almond flour! He should try one!!

Liquidy :crazy2: Thanks for that descriptive term :laughing: He did enjoy it though!

His just looked kind of...um, damp, or something there on the plate. Sorry for the gross descriptive term :rotfl:

do you see the feta? :rotfl:

img_4163-jpg.248916

LOL!! I love it! Maybe they forgot and had to throw it on top there at the end. That's funny!!

Love Boma for breakfast and dinner.
Josh was brave to eat the octopus I'm with you :crazy2:
Nice touch with your birthday dessert and you got the lotus popcorn bucket and print :thumbsup2
Enjoyed your Jiko vlog the view from your room was stunning so many animals. Both your meals and drinks look so good.

Last edited:

I wanted to know too! It's supposed to be an omelet but it can't possibly be that...
It's like they did nothing with their feta... When I worked in a restaurant, the feta came in a big block in a bucket of liquid, and it had to be crumbled by hand. This looks like they cut some chunks off for you.

It's like they did nothing with their feta... When I worked in a restaurant, the feta came in a big block in a bucket of liquid, and it had to be crumbled by hand. This looks like they cut some chunks off for you.

Oh yeah there were chunks everywhere. Inside too. Everything was in chunks :crazy2:

Black-Eyed Pea Fritters
These look delicious! I am doing Tiffins for my ROL dinner in August and am thinking of trying these for sure.
South American Chocolate Ganache
Oh. My. Goodness. THIS is exactly what I need to have for dessert!
La Cava Avocado
Avocado margaritas are tricky. I really like the concept but I don't think they are always executed well. Too bad you didn't enjoy yours.
Queso Fundido
The queso looks heavenly! We are big fans of queso so Frontera will have to go on the list for my next trip with my DH. Thanks for sharing!

La Cava Avocado
Casa Noble blanco tequila, melon liqueur, avocado, fresh lime juice and hibiscus salt rim
Bummer. I'm very intrigued by these avocado margaritas floating around. I might have to try one in a few months... but I'm not a guac fan, and I think that's the only thing I've tried with avocados... :rolleyes1

Queso Fundido
Carr Valley artisan Jack cheese melted with roasted poblanos and caramelized onions, warm tortilla chips
I could just have this.

Queso Añejo Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Yukon potatoes, aged Cotija cheese
Is there anything better than cheesy potatoes? :rotfl:
Everything looks really good!

We both wished we could split entrees more often, but we usually want different things and Josh usually can't have what I'm eating due to his allergy. (I'd love to split more things because then I could order more :rotfl:). He also usually has a bigger appetite than I do, so normally there isn't much to split unless it's something big like this.
Wait... this sounds really familiar... minus the allergy part. I keep trying to talk Zack into splitting things because I want to try more things too! I finally convinced him in January - at the end of the trip. :sad2: We'll see what happens this time. Last time, we literally were having lunch at the Plaza Restaurant (I always have to double check the name because of DL Plaza Inn lol) and we both got the same thing, cheese steaks maybe? They were good but enormous, and we left like 1 1/3 sandwiches between the two of us. But don't worry, we did split a sundae. Priorities! :thumbsup2

I started with:

La Cava Avocado
Casa Noble blanco tequila, melon liqueur, avocado, fresh lime juice and hibiscus salt rim

eO3CfJ5l.jpg

gE9cy5Wl.jpg

Sadly, I just didn't like it. It tasted really heavy on the alcohol, and other than that it just wasn't good. I didn't end up finishing it, and for the price of the margaritas here that just feels like a terrible waste. I've had a much better avocado margarita at San Angel Inn/La Cava Del Tequila, but this didn't taste similar at all.

Oh, that's sad! Cocktails are so tricky...they depend so heavily on the bartender. That one looks pretty heavy on the avocado, maybe it wasn't ripe or something?

Carne Asada
Red chile-marinated Creekstone Natural Black Angus steak, refried black beans with Cotija cheese, caramelized plantains topped with crema and queso fresco, tomatillo salsa, served with warm tortillas

&

Queso Añejo Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Yukon potatoes, aged Cotija cheese

YUM!! Allll of this looks delicious.

(I'd love to split more things because then I could order more :rotfl:)

Yes! This is an excellent reason to share!

I'm proud of myself for taking down her name, because I never remember to do that,

I never remember to note server names, and I always end up regretting it. I still remember the wonderful server we had at SciFi way back in 2014 and it haunts me that I didn't get her name to leave a positive feedback card thing.

Off to watch the vlog!!

**editing after watching the vlog...

I cracked up at you trying Josh's octopus. It was the face and the "no" head shake :rotfl:

backing up to Boma, I was having bread pudding flashbacks and feeling super jealous! My Boma breakfast is up next on my report, and I totally forgot to get POG juice there, and that makes me sad!!

I really need some Disney food now :sad:

Last edited:
Ya'll are such a cute couple!

That place does look like the other Bayless restaurants - all of which I've enjoyed, but not enough to make a DS trek just for it. The carne asada looks delicious though...or I'm hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter