Delete Thread

Hi! I've been lurking this report and your TR. I decided to jump in so I don't feel like a complete stalker.

Boma pics always look amazing. I want some of that bread pudding! If we ever stay at AKL then I'd like to have breakfast there but I'm not sure we'd take the trip over there otherwise. I'm not sure how I missed the Tusker House bread pudding but I did. :sad2: I will definitely try some on our next trip.

I haven't seen many Frontera reviews. I was initially excited to try this restaurant but we never seem to spend much time at DS. I did get to try an avocado margarita at La Cava last week. It was sooooo good! Sorry the Frontera one was disappointing.

That's a shame about the La Cava Avocado.
The Queso Añejo Mashed Potatoes and Carne Asada look delicious.
Your shirt is so cute is that Stitch?
That is a pretty wall.

Lamu Libation
Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, Tropical Juices, Gosling's 151 Rum Float

EbscFHml.jpg
Yum, this sounds delicious. You found one Nomads drink I haven't tried :-) Doesn't Nomad's just have the best drinks.

5lzEYkMl.jpg

He loved it, and I'm trying to write as unbiased a review as possible about this. But even seeing this picture makes me want to go :crazy2: Josh kept saying it was sooo good, and eventually I caved and went to try some...

nooooooo_elf-gif.248478

Well you'll get to see my reaction in the vlog :rotfl:, but I was not a fan.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I'll have to check out your vlog to see your reaction. But at least you tried it!

bi9NS9hl.jpg

I just wasn't a huge fan of this dish. The feta absolutely overpowered the taste of anything else in the dish. I could taste a slight smokey flavor from the beef, but just barely. I know feta can be overpowering, but I didn't expect the whole dish to taste like feta. And I normally load my pasta dishes up with whichever kind of cheese is available! And while not as fancy; Josh makes a really good Beef Bolognese, that I was thinking of while eating this.
Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't like this. I had it back in February and really enjoyed it, though yours seems to have more feta than mine did. The one I had the feta added more salty flavor than actual flavor flavor, if that makes any semblance of sense.

gE9cy5Wl.jpg

Sadly, I just didn't like it. It tasted really heavy on the alcohol, and other than that it just wasn't good. I didn't end up finishing it, and for the price of the margaritas here that just feels like a terrible waste. I've had a much better avocado margarita at San Angel Inn/La Cava Del Tequila, but this didn't taste similar at all.
With the La Cava margaritas on the downslide I was really hoping you were going to say this was great. Guess I'll just have to keep making it at home.

uSWXppHl.jpg

I'm glad we did because this was a lot of food, and we were really full. We both wished we could split entrees more often, but we usually want different things and Josh usually can't have what I'm eating due to his allergy. (I'd love to split more things because then I could order more :rotfl:). He also usually has a bigger appetite than I do, so normally there isn't much to split unless it's something big like this.
That is a lot of food. I'll have to remember that if we eat there so we can share. Jason and I used to always share food before Casey came along and somewhere along the way she became my food sharing partner and he got to eat his own :-)

I'm super sad I"m missing Hanson at F&W :sad: I wanted to see them in concert this year but I waited too long for tickets and everywhere convenient is sold out already.)

Getting caught up, but had to go rogue and totally unnecessarily comment that I'm ALSO super sad to be missing Hanson this year :sad: Couldn't let a comment from someone else who likes Hanson get passed by :music: Especially since @ariane37 said she didn't know anyone still liked Hanson :eek: :laughing:

Thank you! It's soooo good! I probably wouldn't make the trek out to AKL just for breakfast there even though it's good. The two times we've been we happened to be staying at the resort. The first time I went to Tusker House I missed it too! I think it's because it's on the buffet table in the middle not around the outside with most the other food, if you know what I mean.

I am so glad you said that. I know I didn't go to that part of the buffet so that's why I missed it. Now I know where to look for it. Thank you!

Getting caught up, but had to go rogue and totally unnecessarily comment that I'm ALSO super sad to be missing Hanson this year :sad: Couldn't let a comment from someone else who likes Hanson get passed by :music: Especially since @ariane37 said she didn't know anyone still liked Hanson :eek: :laughing:

Hanson is still seriously huge business!! Their shows almost always sell out and it's so hard to get tickets...And their beer is really good, LOL! Happy to note that at least two types of their beer will be at food and wine :drinking1

Hanson fans unite :grouphug:

I've been following along for a while but wanted to finally comment because I haven't seen like any reviews of Frontera Cocina. It's so good to see you liked it. I LOVE Mexican food so I really want to try it here, and that carne asada looks right up my alley. I also love your vlogs! I'm going to try to comment more diligently now.

I've been following along for a while but wanted to finally comment because I haven't seen like any reviews of Frontera Cocina. It's so good to see you liked it. I LOVE Mexican food so I really want to try it here, and that carne asada looks right up my alley. I also love your vlogs! I'm going to try to comment more diligently now.

:wave2: It's very strange, I remember seeing 1-2 when it first opened, but I haven't heard from anyone who's gone there since! Yum I love Mexican food too, the carne asada was so good. Thank you!

Lamu Libation
Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, Tropical Juices, Gosling's 151 Rum Float
This is what I had there, loved it

They brought some bread for me, but I just wasn't a fan. I thought it was too sweet, and the sauce was just sickly sweet. Like syrup. :crazy2:
I loved this bread! I've only begun to like all things pomegranate in the last couple years so I thought the bread was delicious. I do agree the dipping sauce was exceptionally sweet.

My entree appears to already be off the official menu but I had:

House-smoked Wagyu Beef Bolognese with feta cheese
Yup, it's gone. I totally missed it on the menu in March but it must've been there because Kari @kastoney had it in Feb. I don't know if I would've gotten it instead of the entree I picked but after I saw her review I went and checked the menu because she loved it and I was thinking we'd go back in Aug. but already gone :( Unfortunately it was the only thing I think Ricky would have liked other than something off the kids menu, and he'd need like 3 kids entrees to fill himself up lol.

Also the guy who loved octopus was terrified to try a purple potato. :eek:
:laughing: No way will I try octopus after a mean stunt a relative pulled on me when I was young, but I do enjoy purple potatoes.

My dessert choice was:

South American Chocolate Ganache
Caramelized Banana, Cocoa Nib Tuile
:wave: I had that, yum! Even the chocolate cake piece that looks like lint!

Sorbet Tasting
Kaffir Lime Syrup, Passion Fruit Curd, crunchy Vanilla Crouton
And that's what Steve had!

But we got the awesome light up lotus flower popcorn bucket and a Joe Rohde print before leaving as well as my extra dessert and our ROL tickets.
We did get a Joe Rhode print but for whatever reason we didn't get the lotus flower popcorn bucket. You and @xlsm both did in May so I wonder if they only started giving those out after our March visit?

I've had a much better avocado margarita at San Angel Inn/La Cava Del Tequila, but this didn't taste similar at all.
As soon as I saw the picture and you said what it was, I thought of the La Cava one. Yours looked kind of similar

We definitely enjoyed Frontera Cocina, and would go back. It's not a "must do" every time we go, but I haven't heard a lot of reviews about it except in the initial burst of positive reviews.
I've looked at their menu a couple times but so far we haven't gone. I do love Mexican food and found San Angel just ok so maybe one day we'll give it a try! I don't know why but we seldom eat in DS and aren't planning it at all for Aug. except for Splitsville.

Thanks for the review of the party. We will be attending on Aug 11. DS is very excited about this!

I quoted a bunch of the desserts you talked about but I'll just say this: even though you said some of them ended up being bland, they all LOOKED really good! Also seemed to be a nice selection and some different desserts than I've seen at the other dessert parties. However,

I'm also just not a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together,
I don't understand this sentence :confused3 What language is this lol????? It's the best combination in the world!

They were nice fireworks, but not being too keen on Star Wars they were definitely my least favorite of the night shows I've seen.
Did you ever see the first version of the SW fireworks? You know I'm not a SW fan but those were absolutely fantastic. The best fireworks we've ever seen in Disney with Hallowishes being a close second. I was very sad when they changed the show and added all the projections, especially since I'm not a fan of projections either. It's too bad they did away with that show because you didn't have to like SW to appreciate those fireworks.

so I canceled it.
Were you penalized for cancelling on the same day as your reservation? My husband gets very upset stomachs whenever we travel, and he frequently wises we could cancel dinner reservations when he is feeling off, as he usually just ends up picking off my plate.

Hallowishes
Have you seen this without the dessert party? Do you feel it is a better experience with the party? Did you go on a busy night? Thanks.

The new Frozen fireworks look fun I'm glad you're doing it. Looking forward to your review.
I like to also when they offer both sweet and savory treats.
Have you tried the bread pudding at 'Ohana? I'm not a fan of bread pudding normally but this stuff was amazing ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter