f&wf demonstration schedul

jimwebster

Earning My Ears
realizing this is a big request, but anyone who went to the festival this weekend able to give us the schedule for the culinary demos? you can often count on the chefs involved in the big-ticket events putting one on at some point, but there are often fun surprises thrown in throughout, and i'd love to be able to plan a little. wasn't able to make it over this weekend, but have two 3-day weekends planned upcoming, one to go to the lunch-and-learn with gale gand and rick tramonto, then another the last weekend for another lunch with todd english.

i think they usually have 2-3 of these a day. they used to be VERY interesting, but last year i know they got a little dull. at least one a day was like from the fresh walnut council or something (not that there's anything wrong with walnuts, i just like to go see the chefs).

disney used to publicize this ahead of time, but it seems any f&wf information is a state secret anymore until the first day when the programs come out. my theory is that they don't want people planning trips around seeing certain chefs, because sometimes the chefs cancel. i developed this theory when that happened to me, trying to go see bobby flay one year. i got there and he wasn't.

also, any interesting sommeliers at the wine events? andrea immer usually shows up at least one weekend.

any help appreciated. otherwise, i'll be surprised when i get there sunday. thanks.

am looking for this information to no avail.

I guess we will bein the same Lunch and Learn with Todd English. I am really looking foraward to this event. Have you done any of these in the past. Iam curious in how the lunch and learn is setup. do we actually get to cook or just watch him?

Thanks

Hubby and I will be at the Lunch/learn with Todd English also..can't wait.

as far as i know, the lunch and learn is a new thing this year, so i have no idea how it works. sounds to me like a limited-access version of the demos the chefs do in the park -- you watch while the chef cooks and explains what he/she is doing -- but with a whole meal to sample at the end instead of just a little taste, and probably more opportunity for interaction. i've been hoping someone who went to the one this weekend would post to give us a better idea, but if no one does, i'll be sure to after attending the one this weekend with gale gand/rick tramanto.

i'll take this opportunity to bump for another call: anyone have the in-park culinary demo schedule they could post? thanks.

What parts of this do you have to pay extra for?

Do you have to make ressies?

When a winery is listed, are they offering free tastings?

I'm not too pleased with the lack of information provided in advance for this. We planned our trip to take advantage of the F&WF and it's turned out that the things I wanted to do most all happen the weekend BEFORE we get there!

These are free (besides your Epcot admission, of course). Wineries will have samples (small ones) of three or four wines and they'll talk about them. Some vintners talk more than others. At the culinary demonstrations, the audience gets to try a bit of whatever's cooking. They don't take reservations but it's first come, first served for the seminars, so get there early. On weekends, you'd probably have to get in line up to an hour before they start if you want to be sure you get in. Weekdays can probably be cut back to about a half hour unless it's something really interesting.

exactly the info i was looking for! thanks. they must've just posted that, cuz i looked for it there before i posted asking for it and couldn't find it.

well, no walnut council this year, but there is a peanut advisory board. sheesh. and pat and betty from the aluminum foil commercials. yippee.

sigh, well, i'm really glad they started the lunch and learn thing. hopefully it will be everything i am hoping it will. looks like only a couple of the real chefs are doing the demos. susser, bayless, macquet. and i always like going to the ones with the disney chefs, too.

Jimwebster, I'll see you at the lunch and learn this weekend. I can't wait. Pastry is one of my favorite things! LOL!

I am arriving late on the 9th, so I wil keep checking back for the 10th on to the end. Looks like I will get a lot of exercise walking back and forth trying to gfet them all in. Should be a fun week, I can then use the next two weeks to relax after the work.

:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter