Facebook question

I've unfollowed several people but can see see their posts if I type their name in the Facebook search engine.

Not if you block them. You can still see things they're tagged in if you're friends with the person who posted the picture. Their name just won't highlight to click on. And you can see replies to them on things if they weren't the one to start that part of the comments thread.

So you would have to actually hunt for their posts. Ok, if someone blocks me, I see their post from someone else’s account, respond to it as if I see it, the others In that thread will see it, correct?

I'm not sure what you're actually asking. Are you saying logging into somebody else's account to see/respond? Yes, others will see that. You won't be able to see any of their posts from your own account.

My example was person A blocks person B. They're both friends with person C. If person C posts something (picture or post) with person A, person B will be able to see the post/picture and that friend A was tagged. But won't be able to click on the name to get on their page. If friend A comments on the photo/post, person B won't be able to see it. But if person D comments on it and starts a conversation with person A, you'll see person D's comments, but not person A's responses.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

ETA: You won't be able to see anything on their personal page because you won't be able to navigate to it.

If you block someone its like you don't exist to them and they don't exist to you. I blocked someone I was "friends" with. Once I blocked them I couldn't see anything they posted anymore and they can't see anything I posted or was tagged in. If a mutual friend is having a conversation in a post with the person you blocked or they blocked you, to you, it would look they(mutual friend) is having a conversation with themselves....if that makes sense.

If a mutual friend is having a conversation in a post with the person you blocked or they blocked you, to you, it would look they(mutual friend) is having a conversation with themselves....if that makes sense.

That happens here too. Some comments don't make sense. They you realize they replied to someone you've blocked. I sometimes see where some people say they've blocked a lot of people. I wonder how they can read anything anymore. :confused:

If you block someone its like you don't exist to them and they don't exist to you. I blocked someone I was "friends" with. Once I blocked them I couldn't see anything they posted anymore and they can't see anything I posted or was tagged in. If a mutual friend is having a conversation in a post with the person you blocked or they blocked you, to you, it would look they(mutual friend) is having a conversation with themselves....if that makes sense.
Just so you know, if a mutual friend tags you in something, the person blocked can see it. I have somebody who I unfriended, who turned around and blocked me. I can't see anything she posts, but I can see pictures and posts she's tagged in by our mutual friends.

That happens here too. Some comments don't make sense. They you realize they replied to someone you've blocked. I sometimes see where some people say they've blocked a lot of people. I wonder how they can read anything anymore. :confused:

I stay away from threads that I know the people I have on ignore would frequent. It's easy to see a pattern after a while.

Also, if a person you have on ignore starts a thread, you will not see it at all.

Ok. So here is the situation. I have never been on FB before as you can probably tell. Do not do drama. I went to our district FB site to keep up with what is happening as far as opening. I am not friends with anyone on Facebook. There was a woman going on there who kept giving incorrect information about what our governor had said, what other districts were doing, etc. After about the 5th piece of false information, I HAD to create a FB account to give her and everyone else corrected information along with the proof. After proving her wrong on several points, all of her posts disappeared. Friend said, ”Nope, they are still on my FB.” so, figured out she didn’t like my proof and corrections so she had blocked me. I was just wondering if I continue to address her posts if she would be able to see them. Sounds as if she won’t but others will. She also hasn’t posted anything else so maybe I have her convinced to actually check and fully read her sources before posting.

Ok. So here is the situation. I have never been on FB before as you can probably tell. Do not do drama. I went to our district FB site to keep up with what is happening as far as opening. I am not friends with anyone on Facebook. There was a woman going on there who kept giving incorrect information about what our governor had said, what other districts were doing, etc. After about the 5th piece of false information, I HAD to create a FB account to give her and everyone else corrected information along with the proof. After proving her wrong on several points, all of her posts disappeared. Friend said, ”Nope, they are still on my FB.” so, figured out she didn’t like my proof and corrections so she had blocked me. I was just wondering if I continue to address her posts if she would be able to see them. Sounds as if she won’t but others will. She also hasn’t posted anything else so maybe I have her convinced to actually check and fully read her sources before posting.

She blocked you.

Nope you just got her all worked up. She blocked you because in her eyes you are wrong. And you’re better off. I’ve unfollowed so many people during the pandemic.

No, she won't be able to see anything you comment on those. She will be able to see if somebody tags you in a reply, but can't see the original. But that said, you won't be able to see anything else she posts to comment on either. So you not seeing any posts from her doesn't mean she isn't posting/commenting anymore (unless your friend has told you she stopped).

She blocked you, so you won’t be able to see any of her new posts.

Also, if a person you have on ignore starts a thread, you will not see it at all.

I agree, however, at the bottom of each page on here there is a 'Show ignored content' phrase. If you click on that it will temporarily 'unignore' all of those you have previously ignored. That is only temporary and all of those people are still on your 'ignore' list. When the numbers of posts aren't all showing (i.e. 1-2-4-7.....) is another way to tell that some comments have been made by people you have ignored, if you are curious to see what they posted.

Hijacking the head :)

Not sure how to start thread.

I have taken a break from FB previously - about two years ago for a about year. I got used to it and can do without it. I just got off Instagram and FB.

I am tired again of the political, COVID, and some other posts/people. Even certain people that I cannot "unfriend" etc. It would just be too obvious. It's not that I don't want to ever talk to them, but sometimes the less they see and the less I see the better. So, yes, I should stay off.

Here is what I do and would miss,

My pictures - many I deleted from my album on my phone. Just too may. (off FB and Instagram right now).

My very few groups - maybe 4. (This includes my hometown, my DH, two Disney/DVC).
I would also miss following a few "groups?" - DIS, an Italian series/Soap, etc.

Is it possible to have a whole new FB started without having anyone on it? Just maybe very few Disney/DVC "friends" that have no other mutual friends, etc. and join the few groups, and follow those same few "entities"?

Hijacking the head :)

Not sure how to start thread.

I have taken a break from FB previously - about two years ago for a about year. I got used to it and can do without it. I just got off Instagram and FB.

I am tired again of the political, COVID, and some other posts/people. Even certain people that I cannot "unfriend" etc. It would just be too obvious. It's not that I don't want to ever talk to them, but sometimes the less they see and the less I see the better. So, yes, I should stay off.

Here is what I do and would miss,

My pictures - many I deleted from my album on my phone. Just too may. (off FB and Instagram right now).

My very few groups - maybe 4. (This includes my hometown, my DH, two Disney/DVC).
I would also miss following a few "groups?" - DIS, an Italian series/Soap, etc.

Is it possible to have a whole new FB started without having anyone on it? Just maybe very few Disney/DVC "friends" that have no other mutual friends, etc. and join the few groups, and follow those same few "entities"?
Yes just create a fake profile. Make it super private and add who you want to.

Yes you can make a new FB with an alias. The FB I use is an alias and I have no “friends” on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter