Facebook question

Yes just create a fake profile. Make it super private and add who you want to.
Yes you can make a new FB with an alias. The FB I use is an alias and I have no “friends” on it.

And obviously I can make up a name to show up and not my real name?

Definitely do not want any kids, neighbors, friends, family, ex-coworkers, etc. Everyone is/has a mutual friend. I will explain to some/many for sure. Just want 5 minutes of peace with Disney "people" and the few others I mentioned. I will ask my DIL to help me make it as private as possible.

Thank you.

And obviously I can make up a name to show up and not my real name?

Yes. You can use whatever name you want. You will need to use a different email. I would tell NO ONE about this profile. Once one person knows everyone else will too. Use this for your get away.

You should also consider that you can "mute" friends. You remain Facebook friends, and they have no way to know you muted them., But their posts do not appear on your timeline. They can still see and comment on your posts, but if you avoid politics, Covid and any other contentious topics, that might not be an issue. Also, at any time, you can visit their profile and see their posts should you want to do so.

Yes, I have muted/hid in the past one or two and I would check their timeline here and there. One gets tired of the same thing over and over (Political, etc.).

Thank you so much everyone. Much appreciate it. It was and is a great place to catch up, see family and friends from out of state/country, get recipes, but like everything else, it has it's pros and cons. I will eventually get back to it in the near future.

Thank you again.

So I tried to create a new account. Not using my name. Now it says account disabled. They know the real name associated with the email address? I put in correct birthday. Who knows. Perhaps I should have used real name and then change the name to appear once on FB.

Oh well. One day, I will just reactivate my account and just follow my groups - assuming I can still do that.

So I tried to create a new account. Not using my name. Now it says account disabled. They know the real name associated with the email address? I put in correct birthday. Who knows. Perhaps I should have used real name and then change the name to appear once on FB.

Oh well. One day, I will just reactivate my account and just follow my groups - assuming I can still do that.
Just sign up for a free email account through hotmail or something and sign up that way.

I don't think my other email is unique..not sure what that means. I have two email addresses. Hubby has his own but no FB account. Perhaps they know the name & number associated with the emails addresses - IP address - know the name I created does to exist with that IP address.

I am just going to wait for now. I will eventually go back to my FB and only participate with my groups. Is there a way for "friends/family/people" to not know you are "logged on" when you sign in?

I don't think my other email is unique..not sure what that means. I have two email addresses. Hubby has his own but no FB account. Perhaps they know the name & number associated with the emails addresses - IP address - know the name I created does to exist with that IP address.

I am just going to wait for now. I will eventually go back to my FB and only participate with my groups. Is there a way for "friends/family/people" to not know you are "logged on" when you sign in?
It means is the email account you’re trying to use for this new account the same one you use for the account you already have? If so, yes, FB is flagging that there is already an account associated with that email.

Again, it’s super easy to create a new, free email account to use for this new FB account you want.

The only way people know you’re currently online is on messenger and yes that can be turned off. Otherwise people only know you’re active on FB based on your activity (liking, commenting, posting, etc).

Just echoing what @DisneyJamieCA said. Get a brand new gmail account use this for your alias Facebook.

I think I have a gmail account. I remember creating one to go on youtube to watch/participate in a podcast/sort of zoom thing. By the time I did this, the session was over. You can tell not too computer savvy here :sad2:

I will look at my "password"sheet soon and maybe try again.

It means is the email account you’re trying to use for this new account the same one you use for the account you already have? If so, yes, FB is flagging that there is already an account associated with that email.

Again, it’s super easy to create a new, free email account to use for this new FB account you want.

The only way people know you’re currently online is on messenger and yes that can be turned off. Otherwise people only know you’re active on FB based on your activity (liking, commenting, posting, etc).

I have two emails. I was creating a new account with the other email but not using my "real name". Thought that might have been an issue. I am not going to worry - just thought it would have been easier. It probably is......for the average computer understanding person :guilty:

I will also look at disabling the messenger - old or new account.

Thank you so much.

I have two emails. I was creating a new account with the other email but not using my "real name". Thought that might have been an issue. I am not going to worry - just thought it would have been easier. It probably is......for the average computer understanding person :guilty:

I will also look at disabling the messenger - old or new account.

Thank you so much.
The other thing I can think of is it allowed you to create the account, but sent a verification email to your email and when you didn’t do that, it denied the request.

Good luck! There are days I really want to delete my FB. I haven’t yet, but I did recently do a large “friend” clear out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter