Faith, trust, pixie dust…and maybe some dinglehoppers. A wedding pre-trip report

devilsgirl538

Mouseketeer
Oh em gee, I just found out yesterday that I am going to be a Disney bride :love:princess:. So, let’s start at the beginning, I’m Dana and my fiancé is Kevin. We live in NJ and are both ER nurses. We both come from Irish families so I can definitely see a night at Raglan Road during our wedding adventure:drinking1. I’m doing this so I can get some help, inspiration, and reduce the stress of wedding planning.

Some details about us:

Hello: June 2011
Became a couple: August 2011
Moved In: January 2017
Will you?: March 2018
I Do: Late September/ Early October 2019

The wedding vision: the thing I know I should have as told by many online wedding advice blogs, but am not really sure where to start. So I guess the next step is to figure out what our priorities are for this wedding, i.e. photography, food, entertainment. I'm open to suggestions and help :wave:

Am, Congrats! My oldest son is getting married in January 2019 so its an exciting time for us. Of course they won't be getting married in Disney because I don't think my future bonus daughter could have ever convinced him to do that (he doesn't like Disney like I do!). I am however in the process of planning a 25th anniversary trip for DH and I (we honeymooned at Disney so we are doing a trip with just the two of us this time). We will hopefully be there in September (although our anniversary is in May).

I am excitedly following along to see all of your wedding plans.

Am, Congrats! My oldest son is getting married in January 2019 so its an exciting time for us. Of course they won't be getting married in Disney because I don't think my future bonus daughter could have ever convinced him to do that (he doesn't like Disney like I do!). I am however in the process of planning a 25th anniversary trip for DH and I (we honeymooned at Disney so we are doing a trip with just the two of us this time). We will hopefully be there in September (although our anniversary is in May).

I am excitedly following along to see all of your wedding plans.
An "adults" only trip is awesome too!

Update #1: Today plans were finalized for our first appointment at Franck's in September. It's starting to become real :tinker:

We've got our reservation for Port Orleans - French Quarter :earsgirl::earsboy:

This is the first time we're going to be down there together in over 5 years. I was last in WDW about 2 years ago, so a few new things to check out for me. He's never been to Disney Springs since the major expansion & overhaul. I have a reservation for Wine Bar George, but am looking to do a lot of 'non-park' activities. Of course no official confirmation of a trip would be complete without a new countdown ticker :thumbsup2

This is the first time we're going to be down there together in over 5 years. I was last in WDW about 2 years ago, so a few new things to check out for me. He's never been to Disney Springs since the major expansion & overhaul. I have a reservation for Wine Bar George, but am looking to do a lot of 'non-park' activities. Of course no official confirmation of a trip would be complete without a new countdown ticker :thumbsup2

17 more sleeps until we go down for our first meeting (my fiance would say about 25 due to my notorious love of napping :hourglass).

We received the notification that our Magic Bands are on the way and the DME reservation was made last week. This week I'm going to be booking horseback riding for us, as he's never been on a horse before and I'm from horse country in NJ. But my latest and greatest find in the planning escapade has been discovering The Summerhouse at the Grand Floridian. I've never stayed at the resort and aside from walking to restaurants there from the lobby, have no working knowledge of the space. Does anyone have experience hosting a private event there? Is it worth it to pipe in music for fireworks from MK, or just hire a steel drum band? :cool1:

Reactions: BDJ
I can add to your timeline of stays in WDW. 3/85 (in utero)-Contemporary, 5/88-Polynesian, 8/89-Ft. Wilderness(cabins), 5/90-Ft. Wilderness (tent camping), 12/90-day trip, 4/ 93-(cousin trip).

3 more sleeps until we go, 2 days of work, and 1 day to pack. We've added a dinners at Boma and Narcossee's to the plans for this trip. Fast Passes are all set for Friday in EPCOT :earsboy::earsgirl:

What are your go to between meal snacks? I'm working on our Amazon now list to be delivered to the room. Additionally we get in around 3pm to MCO but our dinner at the Boathouse is not until 9:45pm :eek:

I think some of the pixie dust has settled, and we’re back from our trip. I’m still pinching myself that I am so lucky to be able to get married down in WDW :worship:. We met with our sales coordinator who helped answer our major questions regarding planning/ transportation/ lodging and she was fantastic! Also, we went on tour of several locations….its interesting to see how observations of familiar places change.

Next up on the docket, my first wedding dress shopping trip with my mom in about 2 weeks :bride:

Oh gosh it's been a long time since I've updated. Welp, I found my dress (with the help of my mom). :bride: And now we are *this close* to finalizing our letter of agreement with DFTW to sign on for our wedding. We also have a date! :banana::banana::banana:

Our ceremony is going to be at Sea Breeze Point with a reception immediately following at Atlantic Dance Hall. Now the process of starting our website, choosing my color scheme/theme, and getting through the holidays (I love Christmas time!)

Hi Y’all,

Now that the holidays are over and we are getting closer to spring it’s time for some updates. There are 34 more sleeps until we head down for our planning session in March. Its going to be me and my fiancée, my parents, his mom and her sig other:grouphug:. 4/6 are staying at POFQ and the other two are at AKL.

Our planning session has a hard limit of 4 people and I’m looking for suggestions for my dad and his mom’s boyfriend on what to do the late morning/early afternoon of our session. We have to be at Franck's at 9am (planning) and the boardwalk at 2:30pm (tastings, yummy!:drinking1popcorn::).

My parents and I will be in EPCOT all day on Monday (and possibly the other 3 if they choose), and they are only getting a 1 day park ticket. I got my fiancée a 2-day flex hopper for Christmas and am slowly dropping hints to him that it may be a good idea for him to upgrade to the annual pass (I just bought mine!:banana:).

Last edited:
Mother of the bride here. I am so excited at the thought of being in WDW for St. Patricks's Day:shamrock: and even more excited for the planning day. DFTW seems to have every detail covered. So nice to know we can truly be present at the wedding with no worries!party:
I think your father can learn how to rest and relax without going to a park. His choice though. The only thing left to do is convince your father that I need an annual pass!!:tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!