Fall 2012 Professional Internships!

After really careful consideration, I have realized that there a couple of internships that I applied for that I really wouldn't leave my current role for. Do you think I should call Casting and cancel my application for those roles? I don't want it to make me look indecisive or anything... I just don't want to waste anyone's time and I'd rather be really looked at for the MIs in which I am highly interested. What would you do?

I am so excited I had to share - I received an email offering an interview for the Professional Internship applications I submitted in past couple of months! My phone interview is on Monday Feb 20th @ 3:15 p.m. I had also applied to the College Program and hadn't received an acceptance yet so this really surprised me.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice as I know they will be interviewing for all positions I applied for? Or are they going to ask me about only the ones that show "in progress"? Some are just showing "submission" and others I'm no longer in consideration. The Dashboard shows "Preliminary Interview Scheduled" beside the Adventures by Disney internship which is my number one choice.

Has anyone else worked the Professional Internship who can share their stories? Thanks!

I am so excited I had to share - I received an email offering an interview for the Professional Internship applications I submitted in past couple of months! My phone interview is on Monday Feb 20th @ 3:15 p.m. I had also applied to the College Program and hadn't received an acceptance yet so this really surprised me.

Can anyone offer any tips or advice as I know they will be interviewing for all positions I applied for? Or are they going to ask me about only the ones that show "in progress"? Some are just showing "submission" and others I'm no longer in consideration. The Dashboard shows "Preliminary Interview Scheduled" beside the Adventures by Disney internship which is my number one choice.

Has anyone else worked the Professional Internship who can share their stories? Thanks!

I just finished my interview a few minutes ago. You are going to be interviewed for all of the ones you applied for, but my interviewer asked me for my top 3. The questions were all general interview questions, like describing a time you were in a leadership role, etc.

The interviewer was really nice and it was a lot less stressful once it started than it was waiting for my phone to ring. Good luck!

I just finished my interview a few minutes ago. You are going to be interviewed for all of the ones you applied for, but my interviewer asked me for my top 3. The questions were all general interview questions, like describing a time you were in a leadership role, etc.

The interviewer was really nice and it was a lot less stressful once it started than it was waiting for my phone to ring. Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck and I hope you get your top choice! Was the interview very long? My CP interview lasted 23 minutes but I think that was longer than most because we had such a great rapport :)

I had my interview last Sunday and it went amazingly well. The person I talked to, Brian, was amazing. We talked for over 30 minutes. WE both worked at the Great Movie Ride and he created a program for the Disney-MGM Studios/Hollywood Studios called 'On With the Show' - a program that I facilitated for over 5 years! I hope this means good thing to come.

I am in interview phase for three positions - Photopass Marketing, Travel Industry Marketing, and Theme Park Management. There are a few others are in submission stage, so I am excited to see where those lead.

Thanks! Good luck and I hope you get your top choice! Was the interview very long? My CP interview lasted 23 minutes but I think that was longer than most because we had such a great rapport :)

My interview was probably about 25 minutes. I've never interviewed for the CP before, but from what I gathered, the PI interviews are typically a bit longer. She probably asked 10 questions or so, and I rambled about them. :rotfl:

Good luck to you too!

I had my interview last Sunday and it went amazingly well. The person I talked to, Brian, was amazing. We talked for over 30 minutes. WE both worked at the Great Movie Ride and he created a program for the Disney-MGM Studios/Hollywood Studios called 'On With the Show' - a program that I facilitated for over 5 years! I hope this means good thing to come.

I am in interview phase for three positions - Photopass Marketing, Travel Industry Marketing, and Theme Park Management. There are a few others are in submission stage, so I am excited to see where those lead.

That is so neat that your interviewer was awesome! I hope my interview goes as well. I have a million questions to ask but will keep it down to a couple :rotfl2:

1. How do you know you are in "interview phase" for those 3 positions?
2. Did he ask you about all of the ones in submission or did he ask you which ones were your first 3 choices?
3. Did he say how soon you might hear back in regards to an acceptance?

Oops - that was three questions, not two lol. I wish you tons of luck! I'm sure you will get a phone call or email offering you a position!

That is so neat that your interviewer was awesome! I hope my interview goes as well. I have a million questions to ask but will keep it down to a couple :rotfl2:

1. How do you know you are in "interview phase" for those 3 positions?
2. Did he ask you about all of the ones in submission or did he ask you which ones were your first 3 choices?
3. Did he say how soon you might hear back in regards to an acceptance?

Oops - that was three questions, not two lol. I wish you tons of luck! I'm sure you will get a phone call or email offering you a position!

To answer your questions:

1. When you go onto dashboard, at the top of each positions are some dashes that show where you resume currently lies. For instance: When you apply, you start on the first dash, which is submission. As you progress, you will either get an interview or go NLIC (No longer in consideration) Since you have an interview, you will notice that this particular position says "pre-interview". Now - when you interview, you are not just interviewing for this one positions. You are interviewing for each position that does not say NLIC. After your interview - some of you dashes will move. That is what happened to mine. After my interview three positions moved into interview stage, and a fourth one a few days later

2. My interviewer asked me which were my top. So I told him my favorites and why. I didn't rank them, because they are so different that it would be impossible to rank.

3. I asked at the end and he told me it all depends on the department. Some places get start picking quickly and other wait until the very last second. From what I have seen and heard from others - Management seems to hear first, then animal positions, then alumni positions, then everyone else. But there is no concrete pattern for any of them. Some will do no other interviews and wait until May to call and hire people. Others go through several interviews and get told very quickly. I know someone what just given their second interview for retail management. So what happens next is anyones guess.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions. I am more than happy to answer them. I am fortunate to have been through this process once before. Its nerve racking - but boy will it be worth it when we all get those positions!

I hope your interview goes well. I know it will since you are taking the time to research and prepare

To answer your questions:

1. When you go onto dashboard, at the top of each positions are some dashes that show where you resume currently lies. For instance: When you apply, you start on the first dash, which is submission. As you progress, you will either get an interview or go NLIC (No longer in consideration) Since you have an interview, you will notice that this particular position says "pre-interview". Now - when you interview, you are not just interviewing for this one positions. You are interviewing for each position that does not say NLIC. After your interview - some of you dashes will move. That is what happened to mine. After my interview three positions moved into interview stage, and a fourth one a few days later

2. My interviewer asked me which were my top. So I told him my favorites and why. I didn't rank them, because they are so different that it would be impossible to rank.

3. I asked at the end and he told me it all depends on the department. Some places get start picking quickly and other wait until the very last second. From what I have seen and heard from others - Management seems to hear first, then animal positions, then alumni positions, then everyone else. But there is no concrete pattern for any of them. Some will do no other interviews and wait until May to call and hire people. Others go through several interviews and get told very quickly. I know someone what just given their second interview for retail management. So what happens next is anyones guess.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions. I am more than happy to answer them. I am fortunate to have been through this process once before. Its nerve racking - but boy will it be worth it when we all get those positions!

I hope your interview goes well. I know it will since you are taking the time to research and prepare

Thank you so much for answering my questions! Tonight I organized the positions I applied for, ranking them in order of ones that are "in progress" and "in submission". Of course, the first one is the one for Adventures by Disney which is what the interview was primarily for (I believe). After all of that I realized there were 8 positions I had applied for the PI program. Not as many as I had originally thought lol

Anyone with any feedback/info on Retail Management PI? :upsidedow

Hey Lena!
I know you posted this a long time ago and you may already know, but there have been second interviews for Retail MI. The areas that we know have had them are DTD, HS and some resorts. We were told we would hear about panel interviews in 1-2 weeks, and that was over a week ago. I'll try to update on here if there are any new developments! : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!