Fall Foliage Pin Meet - October 19-20

The meet is still going stong, and there is still time to get here. Pintrader Figment even got in a few trade, but then he ate too much Lobster Mousse and fermented grape soda and passed out.

Hello everyone. First of all, I would really like to thank Cynthia, Joanne, and Randy (and others whom I might have missed) for all their efforts in making this pin meet a HUGE success. They did such a wonderful job and should be given a round of applause from everyone who attended. For those of you who met me for this first time, you'll probably remember me from the Disney Pin artwork pieces I exhibited. I noticed that many of you purused through them and I didn't have much of an opportunity to socialize and share the history of the pieces I made (of which I must apologize). I was usually too busy with actual pin trading and trying to obtain those "must have" pins which make up quite a lenghty list. Anyway, for those of you who enjoyed my work, I welcome any questions you might have and if I can help you with designing and framing some of your own ideas, I would be more than happy to assist.
Wow, I still can't believe I finally was able to get my Wet Paint Donald (and the Poolside Mickey too, yipee) !!!
Cynthia, Joanne, and Randy, thank you once again for all your HARD work and dedication to make this meet such a success !!!!

Jim B.

Jim it was great to meet you... I love your work. The meet was a blast. I am glad I went. Who needs sleep anyway... :)

Hi Nat,

Actually, it was a pleasure for Missy and I to meet you. The event was a lot of fun and thanks should go out to the whole Connecticut group for putting on a great show.

The snacks, Bingo, Trivia and Pin Swaps were lots of fun. We both expect a 2nd Annual on this event.

Although we missed you this morning we will get back to you on the Animal Kingdom 2000 POM trade. It was very nice of you to give Missy the pin. It completes a set we plan on giving to our daughter Catherine for Christmas. I hope we can give you something as nice in return.

Thanks to the CTDPT,

Misssy and Jeff

BTW...I will be posting a page on Pin Clubs in the very near future with all the photos from the event.

It was a wonderful time. Things were just about winding down when I left to drive home a little after noon.

Great to meet everyone and wonderful trading.
We missed Bingo, but it looked like it was a blast.

Thanks to Cynthia, Joanne, Randy, Dom & Mario for all their hard work and Larry and Dizneypins for being the sponsor. It was great!!

We had a blast.. Thank you so much for putting on this meet. You guys did a great job!!!!

Fantastic representation of you Connecticutt traders. I will go to your meets any time. :p :p :p

It was great to meet some of you for the first time. I made some great trades and ate some great food.

P.S. Mental note for my next meet. NEED TO MAKE MORE COOKIES!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh Randy and Carol - as i told you yesterday, those cookies are addictive!! Found it tough to stay away from them - no, next time, don't make more!!! LOL. It was so nice meeting you both also. Caroline

You guys did a wonderful job. I had so much fun meeting new people and I hope to see of them at our next local meet!

Thanks Cynthia, Dom, Joanne and Randy, Mario and whomever else had a hand in the planning. Special thanks to Joanne (Dumbogal) for a special pin (actually, for two special pins, but I didn't know about the second one until the next day!). Thanks to all I traded with or even just got to know better.

Big Thank You to Cynthia, Joanne, Dom, and Randy for putting together a great pin meet! The location was super (even though it was kind of a long drive for me) and I really enjoyed meeting and trading with a lot of people as well as seeing and sociallizing with some of my friends which I have met before through the last few years! Fantastic meet with great trading and lots of fun!! Sorry I missed BINGO, it looked like a lot of fun! I will try not to miss anything next time! Thanks again for a great pin trading weekend!

Oh, and the view out of my window at the hotel had some really nice Fall Folliage too!!

Thank you to Cynthia and Co. for all the hard work to make the Fall Foliage meet a success! It was good to spend time with friends both old and new! I traded for some pins I have been wanting and even won at BINGO!!!:D

Couldn't make it back on Sunday...any reports about what happened then?

It was a GREAT weekend!!! Met up with some old friends and made some new ones too! Hope some of you will consider making it to our regular monthly meets and hope to see some of the others around at some of the other local area meets.

Made some GREAT trades!!! Was able to trade for the DCL Capt. Hook pin and for some other not too common pins from framed sets. I added pins to both my Villains and character collections. A few odds and end were also added to get a couple of other series closer to completion.

Bingo was great fun!! Randy and Joanne did a GREAT on it and the lanyard cards. Cynthia and Mario took care of alot of the little details that made this meet go so smoothly. Next years meet should be even better now that we have one under our belts. Hope to see everyone back and even more pintraders come up for the weekend.

Now it's time to catch up on all the stuff that got put aside while I was helping to get ready for the meet. :)

Cynthia deserves ALL the credit for putting this meet together. We may have helped but IMO she did a great job putting all the particulars together. Randy & Joanne's Bingo game was a great topping to an awesome weekend. They did an excellent job creating it and supplying prizes. And let us not forget Randy's chili and hot dogs. Also Cynthia's rice crispie treats were delicious.

It was great seeing and meeting pintraders from all over the east coast. I can't wait until next years event.

Nat - Dom does have an awesome talent!

Originally posted by NHMickey
How come I never saw these!!!!

Mmmph...I think they were (pardon me while I chew) gone before you got there (gulp)...

Nat,
How could you have missed the rice krispie treats? they were as big as bricks. Wendy and I had to share one, they were huge. But yes, they were also delicious. cynthia, they would make a great snack to nibble on at the monthly meets....hint hint. Peggie

They were gone by the time you got there......and hate to tell you but you missed the calzones too.

Hello All,

I just finished updating the CTDPT pages on Pin Clubs.

Please forgive me for any typographical errors or not giving credit where credit was due. Please email me if any of the captions need to be corrected.

This was a fun event and one that should be repeated next year.

Here is the <a href="http://www.pinclubs.com/ctdpt/">main page</a> with a link to all the photos.

Enjoy,

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter