Families that have flown lately...

baileybrad

and Casey, too!
Was there any requirement to provide IDs for your little ones (18mo and 4y in our case) due to heighten security issues? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't flown lately, but I am flying next week. I called Delta yesterday to ask if I needed ID for my 7 year old, and the rep told me that their policy has not changed and that minors still do not require identification.

There's been some talk on the transportation board that some airlines ARE asking for ID for younger children. A birth certificate is easy enough to throw in the carry-on and you'd hate to arrive without it only to have them ask. I would call your particular airline to be sure.

Good luck!

We, too, are flying Delta and so that is one less thing to worry about. With the apparent reduction in carry-ons, we will have to be very creative to find a place for the camera, video camera, diaper bag, money, and snacks for the kids.

I was not asked for ID for my 12 year old DS. However, I had taken his birth certificate and social security card just in case.

we needed to show ID for our 5 & 8 yo's. Brought copies of SS card and Birth Certificate as instructed by SWA

We flew Delta 2 weeks ago, and they required no ID's for our 12 and 8 year olds.

We flew United in late September and we brought my 10 year old's birth certificate but they never asked for it - and they do ask for adult's ID a lot!!

We flew 9/21-10/1 the memphis-atlanta-mco route and never needed Id for the kids age 8 and 4. have a great trip.

On today's Delta flight from Orlando to Providence we didnt need any ID for my 9yr son. I did have his birth certificate just in case but I never needed it.

USAir - Dh brought the kids birth certs, but they never asked for them. They asked for our ID's several times.

I didn't need anything for my toddler, but I had it just in case. The rest of us (including 10yo and 8yo) handed over our photo IDs. The guy said he was missing one (since there were 5 names on the e-ticket.) Then he saw the baby and said, "Oh, we have a visual ID for her!"

I don't know that the 10yo and 8yo would have needed them either, but we got them just in case.

Barb:
I think thats' a good idea - to have an id for your children. Where did you get them?

TIA
TJ

I got the photo ID's for my kids from the Motor Vehicle Administration. They look just like driver's licenses (except they say right on them that they are not driver's licenses.) They cost $15 in MD, but I know they cost as little as $5 in some states. (There have been lots of threads about this in the past!)

I decided to get them even though Southwest said we wouldn't need them. I could just imagine getting down to Florida and getting switched onto on another airline that demanded them or something. Plus my kids are VERY big for their ages and I thought proof of age with their pictures on them might come in handy. We didn't need them for anything anywhere, but the kids liked having them anyway. It made them feel more grown-up! I didn't get one for the baby because I didn't want to spend the $15 for someone whose appearance will change dramatically over the next few years. I figured her birth certificate would do if they needed anything, but I never even needed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter