Family friendly places in Ashford

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying in Ashford the night before we travel and we'd like to go to a family friendly pub/restaurant.
Does anyone know of any in this area ?

I've done a search and haven't come up with much :confused3

Here in Newport, we've got a "Wacky Wharehouse" which is great for the kids. Its a huge soft play area/ball pit with slides etc where they can let off steam then you can eat in the restaurant after.

Something like this would be perfect :)

Hi, when we went in 2002 we stayed at Ashford, 'The French Connection' I think it was called. I know what you mean about a play area, I have 5 children from 8 months to 12 yrs.

We went to the Brewers Fayre next door for an evening meal and it had a very small area (at the time/may of improved?) for kids to play but it is a generally family friendly pub reastaurant, Then we drove couple of miles to a large complex that had Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, Fatty Arbuckles, Multi Screen Cinema, Bowling etc........ so we spent an evening there watching ICE AGE at the pics, ice-creams at Pizza Hut and back to bed to try to sleep!

I will have a look later to see if I can find out whereabouts it all is.

If you fancy the cinema and restaurants mentioned above it'd be worth checking room prices with Travelodge, we stayed there last October it's on the same park and about 10/15mins drive from the train station. :flower:

Thanks for that both :)

We've already booked The Holiday Inn for the night before we travel. We're going to make a bit of a day of it in Ashford. You get 5 days free parking with your stay and breakfast is included, so for £55 its not a bad price.

I'm going to book The Travelodge for the night of our return journey,
Holiday Inn want £69 (its a Friday) but its not worth it because we'll be arriving back so late. We just need somewhere to sleep really :)

Alex

Which Holiday Inn are you staying at that includes the parking? Did you book on line or did you call them ? We booked Holiday Inn too for the night before we travel but didn't know there is a parking option too. Thanks

Re: Holiday Inn - is that £55. for the room and breakfast ? It sounds like a really good deal - we paid £45 for the travelodge and about the same for parking at Ashford station, this sounds far more cost effective.

Hi
I booked the Holiday Innn Central @ Ashford for £58 for the night inc. breakfast ( Friday night ) Coming back I have booked it for £58 for the night room only £77 inc. breakfast ( Its a Thursday night so more expensive ) Its a room for 2adults 1 child. The Travelodge wanted £50 for the room. This price also includes the car parking,

Hi Dee :)

We're staying at The Holiday Inn North and I booked online.
I'm not sure that The Ashford Central Holiday Inn Includes parking. You would have to check with them :confused3

Jill - It is for room and breakfast, so works out really cost effective with the parking too :)

Alex

I've checked and we have 4 days free parking and £5 per day after that. That takes care of Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, we pay £5 for Wed and back Thursday to stay over night again Hope this makes sense:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter