Family of 12 resort question

ladybugmommy84

This Mommy loves Princess Belle!
First when will the November 2018 dates back released,looking to go Thanksgiving week. Also we are a family of 12 hoping for 4 connecting rooms, which would be the best resortime out of the Values? Also Orlando weather around Thanksgiving time is it kindoesn't of cold or super cold? Thank you!

No such configuration. You can request two sets of connecting rooms, but that is simply a request and never guaranteed (despite what your confirmation and a few people, including CMs, might tell you.) Therefore, what level resort you choose depends solely on your budget and preference.

Weather varies. You could Google something like Florida temperatures by month,or average temperatures or something. Typically fairly dry, could be cold, could be in the 80s. A few times this spring, it was hotter up north than in in Florida.

There are no 4 rooms that connect (door in between) in any resort. You could request that the rooms be adjoining (next to each other) but again not guaranteed.
Just be sure on each reservation that it is noted "traveling with ____" and I do think they at least try to keep you together for the most part
Or you could break it down into 2 sets of rooms, and request connecting on each of those. You may not get all 4 together, but might get 2 sets of connecting.
I would just pick whichever is more important. Having all 4 rooms in close proximity or having a set of connecting

November dates are released now. As the others have said, there is no such thing anywhere as 4 connecting rooms.
POP is currently being refurbed so if construction bothers your family you might want to look at the All Stars

If there were 12 in my party, i think i would look at one of the Deluxe (3 BRs)... or possibly look at renting an RV at one of campsites at the fort... otherwise, i think you will have luck getting 4 rooms fairly close to each other in one of the Values.. (POP is my favorite but all are pretty much the same IMO). Thanksgiving is a GREAT time to go to WDW, of course we haven't been in many years during that week but it was always a great time to be there.. crowds were manageable, Christmas decorations were going up and the weather was great.. it will be warm if not hot.. you should definitely be able to hit the pool on just about any day! No matter what time of year we have been, we have always been able to hit the pool in the evening after a long day at the park! one of my favorite things to do at WDW..

First when will the November 2018 dates back released,looking to go Thanksgiving week. Also we are a family of 12 hoping for 4 connecting rooms, which would be the best resortime out of the Values? Also Orlando weather around Thanksgiving time is it kindoesn't of cold or super cold? Thank you!
Weather can be anywhere from comfortable to cold. Friends of mine have pictures from one Thanksgiving trip and they're all wearing winter coats, hats and gloves! But I've also gone the week after Thanksgiving and enjoyed temps in the high 80's. There's no predicting what it will be,

As others have pointed out, you're not going to get 4 connecting rooms. I would recommend 2 Family Suites at AoA or ASMu. You can request that they are adjoining (close to each other) and you can use one of those rooms as a central meeting place. The advantage would be having a kitchenette in each of the suites so that you can prepare a quick breakfast before heading out to the parks or light lunches for those days that you choose to spend at the pool.

A Grand Villa (a 3-BR DVC villa) would be very expensive but would accommodate your entire family in one space. A couple of people would be sleeping on a sofa bed but you would have 3-4 bathrooms and a full size washer/dryer right in your villa as well as a kitchen, full dining room table and enough seating for everyone to eat at the same time. But the price, even with renting points, is very high. If I didn't own DVC, my upcoming week-long stay in a BWV GV would cost me over $9K to rent thru an agency.

A more economical option would be to rent a vacation home off property. Many of them are extremely nice, with game rooms, home entertainment theaters, private pools and outdoor kitchens for barbecuing. And they can be quite affordable. You might want to check HomeAway or VRBO if you want to get an idea of what your money can get you when you're offsite.

Weather can be anywhere from comfortable to cold. Friends of mine have pictures from one Thanksgiving trip and they're all wearing winter coats, hats and gloves! But I've also gone the week after Thanksgiving and enjoyed temps in the high 80's. There's no predicting what it will be,

As others have pointed out, you're not going to get 4 connecting rooms. I would recommend 2 Family Suites at AoA or ASMu. You can request that they are adjoining (close to each other) and you can use one of those rooms as a central meeting place. The advantage would be having a kitchenette in each of the suites so that you can prepare a quick breakfast before heading out to the parks or light lunches for those days that you choose to spend at the pool.

A Grand Villa (a 3-BR DVC villa) would be very expensive but would accommodate your entire family in one space. A couple of people would be sleeping on a sofa bed but you would have 3-4 bathrooms and a full size washer/dryer right in your villa as well as a kitchen, full dining room table and enough seating for everyone to eat at the same time. But the price, even with renting points, is very high. If I didn't own DVC, my upcoming week-long stay in a BWV GV would cost me over $9K to rent thru an agency.

A more economical option would be to rent a vacation home off property. Many of them are extremely nice, with game rooms, home entertainment theaters, private pools and outdoor kitchens for barbecuing. And they can be quite affordable. You might want to check HomeAway or VRBO if you want to get an idea of what your money can get you when you're offsite.
They could also look into the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs, though they may cost the same.

I agree with the suggestion of looking into two family suites at ASMu or AoA as opposed to booking 4 rooms and hoping for connecting. Each of the value suites holds 6 guests and the suites have a bedroom and separate living area (with pullout beds), so you are basically guaranteeing yourself 2 connecting rooms with each suite. As others have said, make sure you note "traveling with" on the reservations and request "adjoining suites" if you go the value suite option so you can, hopefully, have two suites near each other. If you book 4 separate standard rooms, there is zero guarantee any of them will connect.

They could also look into the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs, though they may cost the same.

Treehouse Villas are lovely, but they only sleep 9.

I agree with the suggestion of looking into two family suites at ASMu or AoA as opposed to booking 4 rooms and hoping for connecting. Each of the value suites holds 6 guests and the suites have a bedroom and separate living area (with pullout beds), so you are basically guaranteeing yourself 2 connecting rooms with each suite. As others have said, make sure you note "traveling with" on the reservations and request "adjoining suites" if you go the value suite option so you can, hopefully, have two suites near each other. If you book 4 separate standard rooms, there is zero guarantee any of them will connect.

Treehouse Villas are lovely, but they only sleep 9.
Thanks for the correction. :)

Temperature wise, 2 years around the same time, it was amazing. Temps were in the upper 70's to low 80's pretty much throughout the week with no humidity at all. Only a scattered shower 1 night and 1 afternoon. The nights are always a little cool. It was low 60's for us.

Sorry I didn't use the correct terminology by saying 4 connecting rooms but I know what I mean by it lol. Thanks everyone. I'm a Florida orange myself but I'm in the panhandle and our weather is a bit different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter