Family of 6

khwags22

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are planning on taking our 4 children ages 5-11 to Disney in February for a 3 night stay. We were considering reentering DVC points and staying at the Boulder Ridge Villa, but wanted to know if they allowed 6 people to stay in a Studio. We're only there for 3 nights and don't plan on being in the room much so we don't mind sharing the small place to save some money. I just wasn't sure if this was allowed by Disney. Thanks in advance for any insight.

It is not only not allowed by Disney, it's also a violation of the owner's contract with Disney, and thus a violation of your contract with the owner should you try.

What about 2 Studio's? Is that allowed?
Yes, as long as there is (1) adult booked per studio.
Poly is the only DVC resort with connecting studios.

Boulder Ridge studios are either dedicated (not connecting to any room) or are lockoff (can connect to a 1 Bedroom .... which results in a 2 bedroom lockoff)

You may want to seriously consider AKV standard 2BR.
Almost the same points as (2) BRV studios, and all the same villa.
You get 60% more space 1173sqft vs the 356 brv studio (including the living room, full kitchen and washer/dryer), each child could have their own bed, (the two studio beds, plus living room has a pull out couch and chair) and at Kidani, you would get (3) full bathrooms.

Last edited:
What about 2 Studio's? Is that allowed?
You and your wife would have to split up for all three nights. You must have a guest 18 or older in each studio. You might even be located on two different wings or floors.

Take a look at the points calculators. David's has a good one.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/cost-calculator.asp

It's not unusual for an OKW 2BR villa to require fewer points than 2 Poly studios. If saving money is more important than proximity to the parks, I would choose the OKW 2BR. They've been recently refurbished and everyone gets a real bed, not a fold-down, flip out makeshift bed unless you need to separate the kids and one sleeps on the living room soda bed. Real beds. The living room will be a godsend when it comes time to put the kids down for the night in the second bedroom. And even if you don't do a speck of cooking, the full kitchen is worth it just for a quick breakfast before hitting the parks. Plus you're guaranteed to be together in one villa.

A couple more points, since OKW is older, larger and well-established, your chances of renting successfully are greatly increased because there are more owners there and they are more likely to put their points up for rental than Poly owners, who bought only recently and tend to use their points for themselves. Agencies like David's charge less per point for OKW than they do for Poly. So fewer points + less $/pt. = more money saved.

Doesn't Art of Animation sleep 6? Not DVC, but might work as it's all one unit unlike the studios.

Doesn't Art of Animation sleep 6?
That would be my suggestion - we're a family of 6 which is part of the reason we bought DVC. When we don't want to use points our first choices are family suites at All Star Music, Art of Animation or a Ft. Wilderness cabin depending what type of discount might be available for each. The family suites are a great choice since there are two bathrooms, two connecting standard rooms at a value resort is usually the same price or a little less if you don't care about the kitchenette area. I'm not up on current point rental prices but I'd guess that would still be less than renting points for two studios unless you're specifically trying to stay at something other than a value resort.

When our grandson turned 3, that put us up to 6 people so we added a resale contract to get us enough points for a 2BR. It's a good thing we did. We are now up to 8 people in the family. If you can afford the buy-in and MF on a 2BR, it is a great way to do Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter