Family portrait

Sandra94

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I will be going WDW in September with my family and would like to know where can I go to get a family portrait taken. Im also interested in maybe getting a package of some sort to share with family when we get back. My children are ages 2 and 3 and we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I dont know if this info will help you. I would appreciate anything.

Although we've never done it. We are hoping to use Mickey N' Me at Downtown Disney to get our son's 6 year old picture when we are down in September.

Our understanding is that this is a place where portrait photos can be taken of you and Mickey (or w/o Mickey too, I guess).

Maybe someone who has used them before will have more info.

I believe that there is also the Disney Portraits (not sure of exact name). It is costly though, easily $250-$300. They will do family portraits at any resort of your choice or you can even go to a park. I remember the photographer I talked to recommended the rose garden by MK or at WS as good locations. FYI, These pictures do not include any characters in them. I am being a bit lazy at the moment, but if you do a search you will them. This is a Disney co, so they would probably be on the official web site.

My family had our picture taken with Mickey at Studio M located at Downtown Disney. You can have Mickey in the picture or not. I don't know how much it cost because we had the discovery magic package and we used one of our 'wishes' to pay for it. They don't take reservations. We were told to try to go first thing in the morning so the kids won't be cranky from a day of touring. This worked out well. We were in and out pretty quickly.

Good luck.

How early does Studio M open. We were thinking of doing this after AK closes and before dinner, but you've got a point about them being cranky.

Cris

At the entrance of every park there are plenty of photographers. You can have a family picture in front of the castle, the tree of life, epcot "ball", etc. They give you a ticket and you can go view it later. Buy it if you like it, don't buy it if you look goofy, funny, bad, one eye closed, OOPS I got caught up describing my family! Also, they take your picter at Chef Mickey's and bring it to your table while you eat. ANother option is at MGM down I read that you can have it with Fantasmic Mickey. You'll have plenty of options. Enjoy!

Hi when we went in 2000 we had all 9 of us pictured w Mickey at Downtown Disney. Try to do it there instead of at MK where it will take time out of your day at a paid theme park. I believe they open at 10:00 am & close at 9:00pm. The cost was extremely affordable we got an 8x10 & 2 5x7s & if I remember right I think it was only around $40.00. Totally worth it. The backdrop was the Castle & they put the year in the corner of it in hidden mickey of course. A great investment for creating the perfect memory of such a special trip:Pinkbounc

Thanks Lowe6 for the great info. Where exactly do we go at Downtown Disney? Do we need an appointment? How long does it take to get your pictures back? This sounds just like what Im looking for. Any other details would be greatly appreciated.

Mousemaniac is correct I believe it is called Studio One. It is just past the Disney store.
On the right hand side right next to the Disney sport store if my memeory serves me correct :)
After all I am getting old :) but not too old for Disney :Pinkbounc Good Luck & have a super trip :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

About the portraits at studio M. I am not sure what time they open, but would imagine it is about the same time as all the shops at DD. You do not need an appointment, but realize if you go during a busier time of the day, you will have to wait longer. We always go the morning of our last day, before we check out of the hotel. Cost, I believe is somewhere in the $30-35 range. That includes 1 8x10 and about 8 wallets. Photos are printed out there with a high quality printer, on photo paper. You usually have to wait 10-15 minutes after picture is taken to get pics back. The backdrop in there is a picture of the castle. This is the one MUST HAVE for my family every visit
:)

Does anyone have one of these photos that they could post here? Or post a link to it? It sounds really cool. We may have to do this!

You can also get a picture taken if you do the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It is a family portrait that you get taken just before they seat you. You can choose from several different packages. Mickey is NOT in the picture, but you will get an 8X10 of him along with the one of your family. We got the package that comes with pictures and a couple of small ones in a plastic frame with a magnet on the back. Neat!

Angie

It's our tradition (2 times so far) to have these photos taken at Downtown Disney. Last trip, we had the castle in the background. This time we have the Walt Disney World gate sign. They have about 10-12 backgrounds you can choose from. Some are only for one person though. There are some cute choices, like all the princesses. A little girl could sit among all of them. Or a swinging Tarzan. One person could swing on a vine next to Tarzan. They have a sample book to look at on the counter.

They take your picture in front of a blue screen and they add the background with the computer. They were very nice and tried repeatedly to get a good picture of our family of four. And two of us (DD-4 and DS-2) were not being very cooperative. They definitely had more patience than me. And we got a good photo.

You can also choose what kind of package you want - a mix of 8x10's, 5x7's or wallet size ones. Be forewarned, we got some wallet size ones and you can barely see our family. The background takes up a lot of the photo.

Someday, we'll have a wall of Disney with all our photos!! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter