Famous Shrimp Buffet???

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
After reading a few trip reports...(BTW, I love to read about everyone's trip!!) I noticed that when you board lunch is also served at Parrot Cay....on the 4-Day Wonder... Do they have the shrimp buffet and/or at Beach Blanket Buffet??? I assumed Parrot Cay was order from menu only.

Thanks for any help!

The famous peel-and-eat shrimp is at the embarkation lunch buffet on BOTH ships and in BOTH Parrot Cay and Topsider's/Beach Blanket Buffet. :)

I must be spoiled, because I love shrimp and was not at all impressed with the peel and eat shrimp on the embarkation buffet. Don't get me wrong, they were adequate, but that was about all. They are relatively small shrimp and were not particularly firm. If you really like shrimp, they will give you some of the flavor you crave, but I would not build it up in your mind based on what you read here. Good but not great or exceptional, IMHO.

I wonder, if they have different shrimp suppliers, when we went the shrimp were really good and big, they really were jumbo shrimps, we also were one of the first to get to the buffet.

DoctorP...I agree..they were just shrimp. Are they supposed to be different from other peel & eat shrimp? (We ate at Topsiders on the Magic.)

oh my, I didn't know there were more of us. I've never thought much of the shrimp either. I live on the Gulf so we eat lots. Deep fry those suckers and get me some hush puppies!

The first cruise I took the shrimp were already peeled and were jumbo. The second cruise they were peel and eat and much smaller. Just thought it was a budget cut at the time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter