Fantasmic and Strollers

zuzu310

DIS Veteran
We are booked for a H&V Fantasmic Dining Package in September. How is it finding your stroller afterwards? I am debating whether or not to see if my 4 year old can tough it out without his stroller that night?

you leave the stroller in a large area, it can take a while to get it back and fight the crowds back to your family

Lots of people trying to find lots of strollers. As always, Disney does a great job, but only so much can be done.

Suggestions I have include:
If driving, put the stroller in the car before fantasmic
Do not leave the stroller somewhere else in the park, as if you are at the late (and normally only) show, you may not be able to get back into the park.
If you do have a stroller, personalize it. You may be the only one with the xxx type of LED lights on it. For us, we get one of the discounted battery operated light strings at Target.

This may be a good time rent a stroller... I remember seeing CMs getting rental strollers positioned for the exit crowd flow. HS is small enough that the tram/walk to the car should be manageable.

If he can go without the stroller for the night, that would be easiest. But it isn't that big of a deal if he can't. The area is fairly well organized in rows and while our stroller was moved a little to tighten up the rows, it was still in the same general vicinity and easy to find. I agree though that putting some easy identifiable marker on the stroller is key for every day at the parks.

Exit from Fantasmic is an excercise in patience no matter what, especially if it ends after close and they route everyone out to the front of the park. We try to hang around in the show area as long as we can to let the most everyone get ahead of us.

We have two boys and the inconvenience of having to get the stroller is worth not having to keep hold of them walking through a big press of people.

Four is a tougher call if you are there most of the day. If it is just a night only you can say if your child would be fine. I recall finding our stroller on my own fairly easily while the wife and kids took the exit. Our stroller was black so easy to find. Alright the hanging popcorn bucket might have helped. A glow stick on the front and back wouldn't hurt.

We've had two strollers every single time we've been at fantasmic, and it's not a big deal. My husband always waits with the kids while I go in and retrieve the strollers, then I meet him back on the path. It takes a little time, but we're talking 5 minutes, not 30.

We are booked for a H&V Fantasmic Dining Package in September. How is it finding your stroller afterwards? I am debating whether or not to see if my 4 year old can tough it out without his stroller that night?
the question is more are you willing to carry your 4 year old from Fantasmic to the exit? it's a lot of people moving around and a four year old, at the end of a long day, will likely have difficulties keeping up.

I've gone twice and had a stroller both times -- it really isn't that big of an issue. Yes -- it takes a few extra minutes to get the stroller, but it's not all that bad. If you don't want to deal with crowds, I suggest leaving slightly before the show is finished or hanging out a few minutes afterwards to let the herd thin out.

Lots of people trying to find lots of strollers. As always, Disney does a great job, but only so much can be done.

Suggestions I have include:
If driving, put the stroller in the car before fantasmic
Do not leave the stroller somewhere else in the park, as if you are at the late (and normally only) show, you may not be able to get back into the park.
If you do have a stroller, personalize it. You may be the only one with the xxx type of LED lights on it. For us, we get one of the discounted battery operated light strings at Target.

I love this idea about the LED lights on it. That is a GREAT idea!!

Exit from Fantasmic is an excercise in patience no matter what, especially if it ends after close and they route everyone out to the front of the park. We try to hang around in the show area as long as we can to let the most everyone get ahead of us.

We have two boys and the inconvenience of having to get the stroller is worth not having to keep hold of them walking through a big press of people.

This is what I am thinking. After a long day at the parks even with the stroller in the summer heat, he is going to be tired. It is really past his normal bedtime and he is a slower walker than my other child.

Thanks for all of the insight and great ideas, everyone. I think we will bring it and use the LED lights trick to identify it.

I love this idea about the LED lights on it. That is a GREAT idea!!
Target just had a few light sets left over from Independence Day. They were $3.00, and 90% off. I bought three sets with tax for less than a dollar. The batteries will cost more...

Just be aware that other guests may see your stuff on your stroller and enjoy it, too (meaning enjoy it enough to take it to use on their stroller). Theft happens at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!