Fantasmic as additional fast pass

DanieB

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have experience with getting fantasmic as an additional Fastpass? Is it something you need to work on getting as soon as possible or is there usually some availability in the evening? Trying to finalize out our fp selections for our hs day and I wasn’t sure how much of a priority fantasmic should be.

There are so many FPs for Fantasmic! it is usually pretty easy to snag one as your fourth or fifth. About half of the theater is dedicated to FP, so there are plenty available. Unless it's super busy, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Love the show, managed to get it for a 6th FP+! TSMM, ToT, RnR,BatB, ST, and Fantasmic. Getting there early is more important though. We had a long bathroom stop and ended up with less than optimal seats even with the FP+ and arriving 30 min before the show.

I was able to easily grab them in the evening for 5 people earlier this month. I refreshed each of us one at a time and it only took 3-4 refreshes per person before one would pop up.

I wouldn’t bother with a fastpass plus personally our family wouldn’t waste our time on the show.
I have read some mixed reviews for sure. I’m hoping I’m going in with reasonable expectations. I think our little ones will be very excited to see all the characters throughout the show so we are gonna give it a try.

May I ask why? I haven’t seen it yet

Even after over TWO DECADES of nearly nightly performances, the theater (which holds about 7,000 guests) can fill up.
Conservatively, that means about 50 million people (many of them repeat guests)
have seen Fantasmic!
That says more about the appeal of the show than anything else that can be said.

(And, that doesn't count the many millions of guests who see Fantasmic! at Disneyland.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I’m going to plan my three fast passes without worrying about fantasmic and will try to snag some later on. Can’t wait to see hs for the first time!

Wow 8th?!? I can’t really imagine even getting that many!

Read up on the Refresh method to see how easy it can be to gather additional FPs. We generally don’t arrive much before 11 am and can still get several each day.

The known record is 21 in 1 day at Magic Kingdom.

I should also add we had a party of 6! :) Only thing I didn't get additional FP+ for all 6 of us was RnR, but only 3 wanted to ride so I didn't even try for more than the 3 of us. I also saw 3 FP+ for TMM when looking for RnR at the end of the day, I booked it and then kept refreshing and saw the RnR right after so I dropped it. All of us would have wanted TMM but we already road with a FP+ that morning, and the 3 of us wanted to ride RnR for the first time.

I should also add we had a party of 6! :) Only thing I didn't get additional FP+ for all 6 of us was RnR, but only 3 wanted to ride so I didn't even try for more than the 3 of us. I also saw 3 FP+ for TMM when looking for RnR at the end of the day, I booked it and then kept refreshing and saw the RnR right after so I dropped it. All of us would have wanted TMM but we already road with a FP+ that morning, and the 3 of us wanted to ride RnR for the first time.
There’s four of us (well five but the baby doesn’t need fps!) so hopefully that means it won’t be too hard to do!

Usually easy to get Fantasmic FP+, but be aware it just gives you access to the FP+ section of the theater.. you still need to get there early if want a decent center-ish seat. We got there later and had a disappointing view from more to the side.

We just showed up 15 minutes before the show started without fastpasses and got seats on the second row. They were on the side but still good and we enjoyed it a lot. Also note......if you sit this close you will probably get wet and the fire is hot. We were unaware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!