Fantasmic Dessert Buffet Question

Sk8Leigh

DIS Veteran
I made a reservation for the dessert buffet but was unable to get the balcony, so I'm in Premium by the river. I was told on the phone that that would be the same desserts as on the balcony, but now I see that Mary Jo posted that you get a boxed dessert, which I'm assuming wouldn't have nearly the same selection. Can someone who has done the premium seating tell me what kind of dessert you get?

Thanks!

I know I have seen this posted somewhere. I think I did a search for "fantasmic premium" and got some threads that went into what they got in the box...I remember them saying a chocolate covered strawberry, and some other things.
Looking forward to seeing you there, Leigh! It's coming up quick, and I sure hope this is worth it, since it is the same price as balcony for adults.... :rolleyes:

I do know someone who works there and said the seating on the balcony is way better than the seating by the river. Plus on the balcolny it was all you can eat dessert buffet style. I know the other is a boxed dessert with a cookie, cake and the strawberry you mentioned...but has been known to change seasonally. I am going in Feb. and will not pay to sit by the water for the same price as the balcolny. I will just wait until next time if we do not get in. I guess the river seating is a little too much off center?

Wait, how do you get this dessert deal? Do you have to have Premium Passports?

buffet.jpg

We were Premium seating July 29th this year.

Was a buffet, here are the nut-free samples my daughter was able to eat. The Mickey head is a rice krispy treat and the cookie is rasberry-filled. There were other selections, biscotti and I don't remember the rest because we were satisfied with these. They brought us sodas, coffee, water and they were even able to get milk for my toddler :)

You can get this deal by calling guest relations and making a reservation.You need to do this way in advance though. :earseek:

Sk8Leigh said:
I made a reservation for the dessert buffet but was unable to get the balcony, so I'm in Premium by the river. I was told on the phone that that would be the same desserts as on the balcony, but now I see that Mary Jo posted that you get a boxed dessert, which I'm assuming wouldn't have nearly the same selection. Can someone who has done the premium seating tell me what kind of dessert you get?

Thanks!

Premium Viewing has had a dessert buffet for over a year now. Here is the information we have on the DIS that I put together for the Fantasmic show. I believe the price has gone up to $56 now.

Fantasmic Show and Dessert Buffet Info

I've been to the Premium Viewing twice, and the balcony once with Tink33, and my personal opinion is that they are both good options.

You can't beat front row for the balcony seating, however, sitting in the second show, I had to kneel on my seat to look over the person's shoulder who was sitting in front of me in order to watch the show down below. The desserts were better on the balcony, with chocolate cake, cheesecake, cheese & crackers, fruit kabobs, creme puffs -- as much as you can eat & drink.

I also enjoy the premium view seating because you are down below where the action is. Since the show is in front of you and a little above, you can see everything. However, if you sit next to a pillar (as I did one time), your view is blocked as the floats exit offstage to the left. This wouldn't be an issue for most people. Also, I am 5', so in my case, the 2nd row is better because the railing blocked my view when we sat up against the wrought iron fence, so I ended up watching the show between the bars. There is an all you can eat buffet with cookie type desserts, rice Krispy treats, chocolate dipped strawberries, biscottis, etc. The walkway in front is a step down, so the people do not block your view.

We've done both and the desserts are definately better on the balcony. I actually like the premium view better though, because your closer to the action (but make sure you within the 1st couple groups to be seated, because some of the seats aren't that great).

I've done the balcony twice and the desserts have been: Creme puffs, cheesecake with strawberry sauce, chocolate cake, strawberry pastries, fruit kabobs, lemon bars, chocolate strawberries, creme brulee, cheese & crackers. You also can get mint julip up there.

The premium viewing had: Rasberry filled cookies, biscotti, Mickey rice crispies, chocolate covered strawberries and maybe one other thing. I actually thought the premium viewing had better CM's (they were really helpful), but my kids liked the desserts better on the balcony.

:flower: ,
Katie

I've done both also. I agree that the dessert selection was better on the balcony but my husband and I had to sit on the far right on the balcony and as Mary Jo said your view can be obstructed by the pillars.

I have done the premium seating twice in Dec of 03 and April of 04 and both times it was a buffet. No box food. All the deserts were as the people stated but it was all you could eat and drink. I enjoyed both but honestly I think the viewing is better down below.

I had no intention of doing it again as both my husband and my kids and I had all done it at least once however my little ones were too small to enjoy it the first time so I may do it one more time for their sake.

It is very enjoyable but VERY expensive especially when you have 5 people like we do so we shall see. It IS worth the money though if you have never done it before!!

kelmac284 said:
I've done both also. I agree that the dessert selection was better on the balcony but my husband and I had to sit on the far right on the balcony and as Mary Jo said your view can be obstructed by the pillars.

I have done the premium seating twice in Dec of 03 and April of 04 and both times it was a buffet. No box food. All the deserts were as the people stated but it was all you could eat and drink. I enjoyed both but honestly I think the viewing is better down below.

I had no intention of doing it again as both my husband and my kids and I had all done it at least once however my little ones were too small to enjoy it the first time so I may do it one more time for their sake.

It is very enjoyable but VERY expensive especially when you have 5 people like we do so we shall see. It IS worth the money though if you have never done it before!!

It's nice to hear that others feel it's worth the money. We have balcony seats for the first show one Fri, Aug. 26th and are also a family of 5. It *is spendy, but we have never done this before and it's a surprise for my dh. We spent our honeymoon at DL 15 years ago, so it's an anniversary gift to him. We go to DL every few years and have never spent this much on a trip. We are staying onsite, having gift baskets left for the kids and dh and I to share. (another surprise for dh and the kids) and for us, just going all out. This will probably be the only DL trip where we spluge so much. Once in a life time. Our next DL trip, hopefully in a couple of years, we will be spending much, much less.

How long before and after the show are you allowed to hang out and enjoy the deal?

cardaway said:
How long before and after the show are you allowed to hang out and enjoy the deal?

For the 9:00 show, you are seated 1/2 before the show and can stay until after the fireworks are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter