Fantasmic Dessert Party?

notrub98

DIS Veteran
I just saw bookings for this on the site... am I the only regular visitor who did not know this dessert party existed?

Why? There is an entire stadium for seating.

Reserved seating, similar to dinner packages I guess. I personally enjoy the reserved seating that comes with the dinner packages because it is my son's favorite thing at DW. Good seats are a plus. This is a good idea for people who don't want the whole dinner but like nice seats.

Cheaper than H&V which we've already done. Thanks for this post as I never would have known about this otherwise!!!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing/
Indulge in decadent desserts while you enjoy VIP seating for the outdoor extravagant musical Fantasmic!
fantasmic-dessert-vip-viewing-dessert-tray-grapes-16x9.jpg

Tasty Treats and VIP Seats
Please your sweet tooth with a delicious dessert experience while enjoying some of the best seats in the house.

It all starts at the Fantasmic! theater where you’ll pick up your freshly prepared snacks inspired by the show. Menu items feature a variety of sweet and salty sensational treats for adults or children such as chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers and make-your-own “worms and dirt” pudding.

To quench your thirst, enjoy a specialty drink served in a souvenir cup (alcoholic for Guests 21 and older).

After you pick up your food and beverage, you’ll be directed to a VIP reserved seating area for Fantasmic!Then, just sit back, enjoy—and watch the nighttime extravagant musical where the forces of good and evil battle it out in Mickey’s dream.

Don’t miss the chance to get delicious treats and VIP seats!

Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience
$39 per adult
$19 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Includes tax; gratuity not included or required. Separate park admission is also required. Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older. Events are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Advanced online reservations are highly recommended as this event will fill up quickly. Walk-ins are welcome but based on availability. Book online or by calling (407) 939-3463.

From DPB post:
The adult box features chocolate-covered strawberries, cheesecake, a chocolate cupcake, apple crisp, California trail mix and cheese and crackers. Kids will enjoy chocolate pudding with crushed chocolate cookies and gummy worms, confetti popcorn, grapes and a vanilla cake bite which features the star of Fantasmic! — Sorcerer Mickey. Guests will also receive a bottle of water and a specialty alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage in a light-up keepsake Fantasmic! cup

No mention on where the seating is? Any ideas? Wonder if the seating is better than the FP or the ADR tickets.

it's the VIP seating area. Center/all the way at the top. It's about 4 or 5 rows that are reserved. Generally used for VIP families or when they do guest recovery, it is usually never full but now with this offering I am sure they will fill it up

We did the Fantasmic dessert seating at DL maybe 4-5 years ago. At the time (not sure if they've changed) they also did the "snack box" concept. Really you were just paying to not have to stake out a good seat for the show. Sounds like pretty much the same thing here. I'll be interested to hear reviews when it starts!

it's the VIP seating area. Center/all the way at the top. It's about 4 or 5 rows that are reserved. Generally used for VIP families or when they do guest recovery, it is usually never full but now with this offering I am sure they will fill it up

Dumb question but are these really good seats? Seems like they would be awfully far away from the action?

Dumb question but are these really good seats? Seems like they would be awfully far away from the action?
I personally prefer down by the water, it's not a horrible spot but it is far back. It is also a good spot to leave faster after the show, you avoid more people

there really isn't a bad seat in the whole theater. Some seats are closer, some are further, some are off center... but the show is designed to be seen from all angles.
We did the Fantasmic dessert seating at DL maybe 4-5 years ago. At the time (not sure if they've changed) they also did the "snack box" concept. Really you were just paying to not have to stake out a good seat for the show. Sounds like pretty much the same thing here. I'll be interested to hear reviews when it starts!

I don't think that "staking out good seats" is as necessary at WDW given capacity of the amphitheater and design of the show... it seems to be an easy FP+ to get as well, and the dining packages are very popular. It's nice to have the reserved section but it's not something people stake out for hours in advance... I understand it is quite different at DL.

I think this actually has some value potential, esp during busier times. Interested to hear where the seats are once this starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter