Fantasmic Dessert Party?

They cancelled Fantasmic tonight so there goes my dessert party review :(. One thing I was surprised/disappointed about - the dessert party line was the same line as the FP and dining package line. So potentially a long-ish wait despite paying for a "VIP" experience.

My reservation is for 9/23. We'll probably keep it because I'm a sucker for light up cups. My biggest hesitation is that I can't have chocolate. So hopefully I can swap it out like most of the box or my boyfriend will be eating a lot of chocolate! I'll report back how it goes.
Hah! That's the same reason I booked it!

They cancelled Fantasmic tonight so there goes my dessert party review :(. One thing I was surprised/disappointed about - the dessert party line was the same line as the FP and dining package line. So potentially a long-ish wait despite paying for a "VIP" experience.
Why was it cancelled?

Why was it cancelled?

All they said was "technical issues." Definitely not weather because it was a gorgeous night. They delayed the show (and letting people in) until about 8, and then just cancelled it. So disappointing!

As a parent of an ASD child, I will often pay for extras like dessert parties to have something to keep him busy instead of having to wait in a line. Between FPs and GAC, many things are taken care of, but fireworks, desserts, reserve seating for FOF (even if I have to eat at Tonys) make life so much easier. I know they aren't for everyone, but I am glad Disney does them.

I agree 100%. My little girl has issues with waiting in crowds and these things are a godsend. I am so glad that I have the option to spend a little extra money and burn a meal at Tony's to make it possible for us to enjoy these things instead of leaving before it even begins due to a meltdown.

I found these pictures on Facebook. The OP said seating is with dinner package guests.

1zezi9s.png

j7spcm.png

14a97o6.jpg

I found these pictures on Facebook. The OP said seating is with dinner package guests.

1zezi9s.png

j7spcm.png

14a97o6.jpg

:worship::worship::worship:

thank you for reposting!!

~~~~~
side note: am a tad bit disappointed at the branding on the souvenir glasses/lanyard; I wasn't expecting anything to begin with, but after now seeing just the "Fantasmic!" graphic I think I would've pushed for a little more decoration had I been involved in the design. just my own taste, though, and certainly not a big deal.

Thanks for the pictures! I'm still looking forward to this. It suits us better than booking a dining package and I want to make sure to have good seats, as it's our last night and also Thanksgiving.

That's what I've been most curious about...where the seating is located. We've got this booked for December.

Alright so I did this last night. I do not know how to add photos from my phone to here so you use your imagination.

it was a hot and humid day. I (25/f) and my boyfriend (24/m) are here on a quick 72 hour trip. I booked this as a nice little add on for our favorite night show. The show started at 8 but the reservation said 7. Around 6:40 I walked over to the entrance to ask if it was possible to show up later than 7. She said yes but if we wanted the good seating she recommended being there by 7:15 at the latest. We went for a quick bathroom break and walk to take some photos and went back at 7. I ended up being really glad we did (we also didn't really have much else to do).

When you get there you walk up the fast pass line and on the left there's a sign for the dessert VIP. You check in and get your "credential." It's on a fantasmic lanyard. It's a place circle that lights up as blue. It'll be a nice wall decoration for us. After that you keep walking and hit the drink and food situation.

There's a container of neon blue liquid, deep red liquid, and a tap of bud light. "Wow this reminds of my freshman year of college," I thought to myself. Oh how right I would be. The Red was for the kids, non-alcoholic. After they checked our IDs and made the required joke about how some day I'll be glad when I look 5 years younger than I am, we recieved our flash plastic "beer stein" full of neon blue drank.

You move down the line to where you pick up the boxes. I'm allergic to chocolate which is super fun at these things. This is where things got a little hairy for me. They gave me the allergy box then took all of the chocolate stuff out of it. The allergy box is premade to leave out common allergies but includes two chocolate things. This left me with grapes, strawberries, two blackberries, this vanilla apple cake (which I'm assuming was flourless because I think it was also a gleuton free box) and cotton candy. I asked for another apple cake because I love apple cakes. So glad I did. The CM also threw in a lot more strawberries which was nice. They put it in a bag with a bottle of water, which the normal boxes come with. If you don't have to go through the whole I can't eat this process they have the bags all set up for you! Just grab and go.

It's extremely obvious you're with the VIP dessert. Your flashing mug of neon blue drank announces you to everyone louder than the PA announcers. They direct you to the dining package section and say "sit anywhere!" You can sit anywhere in the dining section! After my boyfriend'a ineptitude to just pick a gosh darn row we plop our butts down dead center. It was the most perfect view. The other plus is that they didn't make us squeeze in like sardines. It was hot and humid and I didn't even have to stick my leg to my boyfriend's!

Once we opened the box I realized I should have asked for Cheese out of the normal box. So I stole most of my boyfriend's. My apple vanilla cakes was loads about what apple thing was in his. But the cheesecake in his was fabulous. We love dessert so it was great. Eating on our laps is hard tho, especially when a group of 4 five and six year olds are behind you and running around constantly bumping into you. We have nieces tho and it's Disney so we get it. Just makes balancing harder.

Because of the kiddies I decided to put our blue dranks on the ground rather than next to us on the bench. We had a few sips of it on the way up. I thought it wasn't terrible, not my cup of booze but it'll do. My boyfriend thought it tasted like blue poweraid with vodka dumped in. I decided I agreed and from then on it was called "college in a cup." It was essential your standard jungle juice served in a cup meant to remind you of the basements you drank them in (the humid and sweat and getting knocked into really added to the feeling). We got a good laugh out of it, as did the girl next to us whom I befriended. Tip: the cup has a button on the bottom to turn it off. Find it. Use it. As you finish the drink you'll be blinded by the lights in the bottom. Plus it's distracting once it gets dark out. My lovely boyfriend couldn't finish his. So guess who did? Me. Guess who regretted that? Me. I forgot why I stopped drinking jungle juice after my freshman year some 8 years ago. I felt terrible after 1.25 of those. Not even drunk just gross.

The show was amazing as always. The tiny army behind us did call Pohcontas "Moana" which made me feel old. They also yelled out the name of every single character or movie that showed up. Loudly. We cow herded our way out, proud new owners of light up cups that we had to carry the rest of the night as we hoped over the MK for the last two hours.

If you have questions feel free to ask. I'm still on property until MondY night but I'll try to respond or get it when I get home!

Alright so I did this last night. I do not know how to add photos from my phone to here so you use your imagination.

it was a hot and humid day. I (25/f) and my boyfriend (24/m) are here on a quick 72 hour trip. I booked this as a nice little add on for our favorite night show. The show started at 8 but the reservation said 7. Around 6:40 I walked over to the entrance to ask if it was possible to show up later than 7. She said yes but if we wanted the good seating she recommended being there by 7:15 at the latest. We went for a quick bathroom break and walk to take some photos and went back at 7. I ended up being really glad we did (we also didn't really have much else to do).

When you get there you walk up the fast pass line and on the left there's a sign for the dessert VIP. You check in and get your "credential." It's on a fantasmic lanyard. It's a place circle that lights up as blue. It'll be a nice wall decoration for us. After that you keep walking and hit the drink and food situation.

There's a container of neon blue liquid, deep red liquid, and a tap of bud light. "Wow this reminds of my freshman year of college," I thought to myself. Oh how right I would be. The Red was for the kids, non-alcoholic. After they checked our IDs and made the required joke about how some day I'll be glad when I look 5 years younger than I am, we recieved our flash plastic "beer stein" full of neon blue drank.

You move down the line to where you pick up the boxes. I'm allergic to chocolate which is super fun at these things. This is where things got a little hairy for me. They gave me the allergy box then took all of the chocolate stuff out of it. The allergy box is premade to leave out common allergies but includes two chocolate things. This left me with grapes, strawberries, two blackberries, this vanilla apple cake (which I'm assuming was flourless because I think it was also a gleuton free box) and cotton candy. I asked for another apple cake because I love apple cakes. So glad I did. The CM also threw in a lot more strawberries which was nice. They put it in a bag with a bottle of water, which the normal boxes come with. If you don't have to go through the whole I can't eat this process they have the bags all set up for you! Just grab and go.

It's extremely obvious you're with the VIP dessert. Your flashing mug of neon blue drank announces you to everyone louder than the PA announcers. They direct you to the dining package section and say "sit anywhere!" You can sit anywhere in the dining section! After my boyfriend'a ineptitude to just pick a gosh darn row we plop our butts down dead center. It was the most perfect view. The other plus is that they didn't make us squeeze in like sardines. It was hot and humid and I didn't even have to stick my leg to my boyfriend's!

Once we opened the box I realized I should have asked for Cheese out of the normal box. So I stole most of my boyfriend's. My apple vanilla cakes was loads about what apple thing was in his. But the cheesecake in his was fabulous. We love dessert so it was great. Eating on our laps is hard tho, especially when a group of 4 five and six year olds are behind you and running around constantly bumping into you. We have nieces tho and it's Disney so we get it. Just makes balancing harder.

Because of the kiddies I decided to put our blue dranks on the ground rather than next to us on the bench. We had a few sips of it on the way up. I thought it wasn't terrible, not my cup of booze but it'll do. My boyfriend thought it tasted like blue poweraid with vodka dumped in. I decided I agreed and from then on it was called "college in a cup." It was essential your standard jungle juice served in a cup meant to remind you of the basements you drank them in (the humid and sweat and getting knocked into really added to the feeling). We got a good laugh out of it, as did the girl next to us whom I befriended. Tip: the cup has a button on the bottom to turn it off. Find it. Use it. As you finish the drink you'll be blinded by the lights in the bottom. Plus it's distracting once it gets dark out. My lovely boyfriend couldn't finish his. So guess who did? Me. Guess who regretted that? Me. I forgot why I stopped drinking jungle juice after my freshman year some 8 years ago. I felt terrible after 1.25 of those. Not even drunk just gross.

The show was amazing as always. The tiny army behind us did call Pohcontas "Moana" which made me feel old. They also yelled out the name of every single character or movie that showed up. Loudly. We cow herded our way out, proud new owners of light up cups that we had to carry the rest of the night as we hoped over the MK for the last two hours.

If you have questions feel free to ask. I'm still on property until MondY night but I'll try to respond or get it when I get home!

Thanks for posting. You mention a tap of bud light. Was that an option instead of the blue stuff?

this is one of the more entertaining dining-related reviews I've read on the DIS. I'm the same age as you; when you said "neon blue drank" and described "college in a cup" and the basements, I lost it :lmao:

great to know about the seating, pickup process, the tip about turning off the cup -- thanks for reviewing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter