Fantasmic Dining Package Discussion Thread

View Fantasmic! from River Belle restaurant OR from dining fast pass area

• River Belle Restaurant

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Dining Fast Pass Area

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
So it sounds like all the dining sections are seated together for the second show? Any tips on when to get in line for that show? I like the lower crowd levels of the second show, but I also like to be able to stay and sit and watch the fw from there too... hmmm....

I did the second show over Labor Day weekend. As you mentioned they have everyone from the first show stay in their area to watch the fireworks. Once the fireworks end they have everyone exit and send some cleaning people through. I got in line over by the Haunted Mansion about 10 minutes after the fireworks ended. They had us split up between BB, RBT, HB. I would say I was 15 in line for RBT. They let all the BB people go first (right around 10) and they had RBT follow directly behind and they put us in the same area as the BB. They did keep HB separate. It never totally filled up (plenty of leg room) and people were still showing up 5 minutes before. But to get the seat I wanted I was glad I was in line at 10.

In the video I posted a page or two back on this thread I show some images of the seating area about 15 minutes before showtime started so that may help you get an idea of crowd levels.

Would anyone know the vegetarian option at Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou? Thanks!

I haven't been yet but just based on the menu, the veggie entree at Cafe Orleans is the cheese monte cristo and the veggie entree at Blue Bayou is a Portobello Mushroom and Louisiana Popcorn Rice - served with roasted corn, sun-dried tomato and bell pepper macque choux, sauteed spinach, and balsamic reduction. I think the appetizer at both is a salad.

I did the second show over Labor Day weekend. As you mentioned they have everyone from the first show stay in their area to watch the fireworks. Once the fireworks end they have everyone exit and send some cleaning people through. I got in line over by the Haunted Mansion about 10 minutes after the fireworks ended. They had us split up between BB, RBT, HB. I would say I was 15 in line for RBT. They let all the BB people go first (right around 10) and they had RBT follow directly behind and they put us in the same area as the BB. They did keep HB separate. It never totally filled up (plenty of leg room) and people were still showing up 5 minutes before. But to get the seat I wanted I was glad I was in line at 10.

In the video I posted a page or two back on this thread I show some images of the seating area about 15 minutes before showtime started so that may help you get an idea of crowd levels.

Yeah, this past Friday, the sections were already full 90 minutes before start time. I didn't feel crammed sitting in the CO sections, but I definitely couldn't stretch out that much. Right before the show they let a few more people in the very back. The fast pass sections were crammed in like I have never seen in my life. I should have taken a picture! It was crazy (unsafe crazy).

What time should we try to get in line for BB seating for the first show? It will be on a Saturday, will that mean bigger crowds so get in line earlier?

What time should we try to get in line for BB seating for the first show? It will be on a Saturday, will that mean bigger crowds so get in line earlier?

They let us in 90 min early because the line for Haunted Mansion was over 300 min (freaking long) and took up all of NOS. I would say it won't be close to that crazy, plus half of all APs are blocked out Saturday. If you arrived 30-45 min early, you will prob get an awesome seat. If you want a front row railing seat maybe 1 hour early.

Yeah, this past Friday, the sections were already full 90 minutes before start time. I didn't feel crammed sitting in the CO sections, but I definitely couldn't stretch out that much. Right before the show they let a few more people in the very back. The fast pass sections were crammed in like I have never seen in my life. I should have taken a picture! It was crazy (unsafe crazy).

Yeah, they pack in people in the regular FP sections to the point where it doesn't even look comfortable! I've only gotten a regular FP once and even though I ended up not using it. I'd rather pay $30 at the Hungry Bear to avoid getting packed in like sardines.

As already mentioned, it depends on where you want to sit. You could show up around 7:30-7:45 and have a decent view. If you want to be sitting at the rail then i'd recommend you be there by 7pm at least.

We just got back home from our weekend trip to Disneyland.

We did the Cafe Orleans F! package. Our food was good. I wouldn't say great and I wouldn't say bad. Just good. I am sorry but I didn't get photos. I was so tired, and I thought of it too late.

The menu apps were a salad or the gumbo. No frites. We both had gumbo, and it was good.

My girls both got a small veggie app as it was the only "choice" on the kids menu. It was really tiny, but they liked it.

My husband was thinking to order the steak, but our server didn't know the cut, so he went with the fresh fish, which was salmon. I got the lobster salad. Both were ok. The salmon was cooked more than my DH prefers it. I cook fish more medium than well done, which this salmon definitely was. The edges were slightly dry.

My DD8 ordered the steak, and DD5 ordered the salmon. Both were again ok. They ate everything. The steak was as mentioned more of a roast beef. I thought the portions were very tiny, and I'm actually a proponent of smaller food portions. But these were small. I don't think a kid much older than DD8 would be ok with it.

Dessert for the kids was beignets. Again, no choice. Neither of my girls like them, so the we parents ordered the Malificient dessert and switched with them. It's a really dumb idea to have a super cute dessert and not offer it (even at a slight upcharge) on the kids menu. There was no way my DH and I were going to get to keep our desserts.

But... turned out all of us thought it was actually just ok. Not bad. Not great. And neither kid finished it. It was a little overly sweet and without the sauces, very one note.

Seating was nice. We arrived almost at 8:00 so ended up walking in line almost at the end but were four rows back. Kids had to sit on our laps to see still. Seems to be there's never any escaping that no matter what. I think they let in either FP or hungry Bear after a while because the area filled in.

I was so disappointed in the new F! I absolutely loved the old one and drove my DH (who doesn't like shows at DLR or WDW) nuts waiting to see it or buying the dessert package. Afterwards, I told my DH he would be happy to hear I will never bother him again to see it. It was all special effects- they took out the story. The Pirates scene was stupid, and I do like Pirates. Just the scene made no sense. It was completely disjointed, and I only knew what was going on since I've seen it before. I hated the Princess song with whoever was signing it instead of the original voices. I usually get so emotional with this show, but not at all last night. It was a total mush mash of scenes. Sorry... I am such a downer. So many people like it (including both my kids) so it's probably just me being picky. I love the story telling aspect of Disney, and that was just totally missing. But if you like special effects, those are genuinely very good. It was a pretty show with "wow" moments.

Sorry to hear about your Fantasmic! experience. We are booked for Dec 7-9 in hopes of seeing the new show, and am disappointed to hear about the special effects taking precedent over story. That has always been our "complaint" regarding WOC...all disjointed, random scenes from Disney movies thrown together to show off the water and lighting effects. The show never inspired the way F did. And now if they have gone all "Hollywood" I'm afraid we are going to be disappointed. But I'm setting up the RBT Premium seats for either the 8th or 9th and will see.

Sorry to hear about your Fantasmic! experience. We are booked for Dec 7-9 in hopes of seeing the new show, and am disappointed to hear about the special effects taking precedent over story. That has always been our "complaint" regarding WOC...all disjointed, random scenes from Disney movies thrown together to show off the water and lighting effects. The show never inspired the way F did. And now if they have gone all "Hollywood" I'm afraid we are going to be disappointed. But I'm setting up the RBT Premium seats for either the 8th or 9th and will see.

I truly hope you like it more than me, which is a distinct possibility. I'm a theater geek, and story will always take precedence for me over special effects- i would take a show over going to a movie any day. So it is probably some of my preferences weighing in there. But like you, I've also never really loved WOC.

Has anyone taken a photo of the Cafe Orleans Menu for Fantasmic?
I have a photo of the menu but I don't know how to post it. If anyone can help let me know. I can say there are Monte cristos but no Pommes Frittes or Beniets. This makes me re think my reservations.

IMG_0605.jpg
I have a photo of the menu but I don't know how to post it. If anyone can help let me know. I can say there are Monte cristos but no Pommes Frittes or Beniets. This makes me re think my reservations.

Laurabell you click the upload file button on the bottom right. I'm going to try it myself. I would love to see the menu. I'm not sure we will keep our reservation either.

[GALLERY=]k[/GALLERY] not sure what I did. Trying to upload a picture. Wants a url but can't find that.

Last edited:
Anyone who eats at BB tonight, could you please report if you receive the seat cushions.
Thanks!

We are going to Cafe orleans tonight. I will try to remember to take a picture of the menu. I will also check the BB section to see if they got seat cushions. We brought our seat cushions that we got 2 years ago to use in the CO section.

Anyone who eats at BB tonight, could you please report if you receive the seat cushions.
Thanks!

BB package has been confirmed to still have seat cushions. The threat to have them become a 'premium upgrade' was just a rumor, due to misinformation among cast and guests. The only issue I have read about recently was when someone reported that they had run out of cushions for the day.

BB package has been confirmed to still have seat cushions. The threat to have them become a 'premium upgrade' was just a rumor, due to misinformation among cast and guests. The only issue I have read about recently was when someone reported that they had run out of cushions for the day.

Yes I had read that they ran out too, just hoping they are back in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter