Fantasmic Dining Package

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I realize that this thread might be premature, as I know Fantasmic is currently not running and I'm not sure if dining packages will be a thing when it returns in May - Does anyone know? That said, I'm trying to get an idea of cost for our trip in early July. First, is a dining package necessary to see Fantasmic or can we get decent seats without a dining package? If a dining package is recommended, I'm leaning towards the Hungry Bear dining package. How exactly does a dining package here work? It appears that Hungry Bear is a quick service restaurant. Would I need to make a dining package reservation to dine here? When eating here with the dining package can you order anything off the menu or do you need to order from a set menu? I know I've only talked about Hungry Bear in my post, but are there other restaurants that offer the dining package that you'd recommend?

As far as viewing Fantasmic and the fireworks, can they be done on the same night? We have two days planned at Disneyland and one day at DCA, and we are planning on fireworks one night and Fantasmic the other night and then WOC on our DCA day, but if we can view both Fantasmic and the fireworks on the same evening, that would free up one of our nights for us to ride rides when maybe the lines are little shorter because most everyone else will be watching one of the nighttime shows. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

I would figure the dining packages will be available when Fantasmic becomes available. The packages still show on the website after all.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-on-the-go-show/ has more info on the hungry bear if you have not yet seen it. If I remember correctly, they expect you to choose from a limited set of items, but it's been a while since I have done the hungry bear one. You do have to make a reservation for the hungry bear one.

The only other one I have done is the Blue Bayou one. I liked that one, because they gave you a cushion to sit on the ground, unlike the others, but I am not sure if they are still doing that. The Blue Bayou one will have the best seats in terms of being in the center, while the other two (hungry bear and river belle) are off to the side. There is also the river belle premium package which allows you to stay in your chairs at the restaurant, which is great, but the view may or may not be optimum.

See:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/
for more info on the options.

To answer your other questions. It's definitely possible to get good views without a dining package, but you will sacrifice some of your time waiting.
For fireworks, you can stay in the area after Fantasmic is over, and watch the fireworks. The music will be piped in, and the fantasmic stage area will have the projections. This is what I would recommend. You COULD try to get to Main Street area, but it would be a rush and you likely wouldn't get the best views.

Hi!

I realize that this thread might be premature, as I know Fantasmic is currently not running and I'm not sure if dining packages will be a thing when it returns in May - Does anyone know? That said, I'm trying to get an idea of cost for our trip in early July. First, is a dining package necessary to see Fantasmic or can we get decent seats without a dining package? If a dining package is recommended, I'm leaning towards the Hungry Bear dining package. How exactly does a dining package here work? It appears that Hungry Bear is a quick service restaurant. Would I need to make a dining package reservation to dine here? When eating here with the dining package can you order anything off the menu or do you need to order from a set menu? I know I've only talked about Hungry Bear in my post, but are there other restaurants that offer the dining package that you'd recommend?

As far as viewing Fantasmic and the fireworks, can they be done on the same night? We have two days planned at Disneyland and one day at DCA, and we are planning on fireworks one night and Fantasmic the other night and then WOC on our DCA day, but if we can view both Fantasmic and the fireworks on the same evening, that would free up one of our nights for us to ride rides when maybe the lines are little shorter because most everyone else will be watching one of the nighttime shows. Thoughts?

Thanks for your help!
I did Hungry Bear Dining Package in June 2022, you can read my report, with photos here https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-home-to-ireland.3888625/page-2#post-64158309

Before the accident (RIP Murphy) yes dining packages were the only way to get a good view. The divide the whole front area into 3 sections

Blue Bayou has the middle section
Hunry Bear is to the left
River Belle Terrace is to the right

Behind the dining package section they had chairs for the Private Tours.

Then behind the chair section is the general standing area.

For Hungry Bear the time you pick is when you get your food. You will get a ticket for the viewing section.

The only other one I have done is the Blue Bayou one. I liked that one, because they gave you a cushion to sit on the ground, unlike the others, but I am not sure if they are still doing that.

When the parks reopened after the shut down, they stopped giving the Fantasmic Blue Bayou foam cushion.

I would figure the dining packages will be available when Fantasmic becomes available. The packages still show on the website after all.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-on-the-go-show/ has more info on the hungry bear if you have not yet seen it. If I remember correctly, they expect you to choose from a limited set of items, but it's been a while since I have done the hungry bear one. You do have to make a reservation for the hungry bear one.

The only other one I have done is the Blue Bayou one. I liked that one, because they gave you a cushion to sit on the ground, unlike the others, but I am not sure if they are still doing that. The Blue Bayou one will have the best seats in terms of being in the center, while the other two (hungry bear and river belle) are off to the side. There is also the river belle premium package which allows you to stay in your chairs at the restaurant, which is great, but the view may or may not be optimum.

See:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/
for more info on the options.

To answer your other questions. It's definitely possible to get good views without a dining package, but you will sacrifice some of your time waiting.
For fireworks, you can stay in the area after Fantasmic is over, and watch the fireworks. The music will be piped in, and the fantasmic stage area will have the projections. This is what I would recommend. You COULD try to get to Main Street area, but it would be a rush and you likely wouldn't get the best views.

Thank you Steven for your detailed response and the links you posted. Both are very helpful. I appreciate knowing we will be sitting on the ground. I've only ever been to Disney World and assumed seating was the same at Disneyland as it is at Disney World.

One other question - If there are two Fantasmic shows, do the fireworks happen between the two shows? If there are two shows, we'd probably go to the second showing so would we be able to watch the fireworks on Main Street and then head to Fantasmic?

I did Hungry Bear Dining Package in June 2022, you can read my report, with photos here https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-home-to-ireland.3888625/page-2#post-64158309

Before the accident (RIP Murphy) yes dining packages were the only way to get a good view. The divide the whole front area into 3 sections

Blue Bayou has the middle section
Hunry Bear is to the left
River Belle Terrace is to the right

Behind the dining package section they had chairs for the Private Tours.

Then behind the chair section is the general standing area.

For Hungry Bear the time you pick is when you get your food. You will get a ticket for the viewing section.

Thank you for your report! It gives me a good visual. I see the food is packed in take out containers. Can we still eat in the Hungry Bear restaurant if we'd like?

I have always done the first Fantasmic show, never the second, so you may want to get confirmation from others that have done this. The fireworks happen in between the two shows. I believe you could make it, but again, it would be a rush, and you have to navigate through a lot of people.

Honestly, viewing the fireworks from Fantasmic area is actually really nice!

for the take out containers, You can still eat at the restaurant if you wish.

I have always done the first Fantasmic show, never the second, so you may want to get confirmation from others that have done this. The fireworks happen in between the two shows. I believe you could make it, but again, it would be a rush, and you have to navigate through a lot of people.

Honestly, viewing the fireworks from Fantasmic area is actually really nice!

for the take out containers, You can still eat at the restaurant if you wish.
Maybe we’ll try for the first show then. We tend to go for the second show if there are two in hopes it won’t be as crowded, but I do like the idea of watching the fireworks from the Fantasmic area.

Good to know that we can sit in the Hungry Bear restaurant to eat. I’m clumsy and could not imagine eating ribs on my lap out of a to-go container. That wouldn’t have bode well for me, lol.

My family wanted to see Fantasmic and go to the the Blue Bayou so it was an easy sell for us. Our next trip we are not emphasizing that experience so probably will just skip it all together.

I would not do the package if I only wanted fantasmic. Maybe the bear one? The view is good from all angles with a difference for "best" being negligible. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the phrase, "I wish I had did the Blue Bayou package!" after a viewing. Or really anyone saying they wished they had got it that didnt. I looked behind me and saw the crowds of people watching the same show. None looked angry 😂 in fact I think they were quite enjoying themselves from that angle.

You could skip the package, put yourself more to the side so upon conclusion you can whisk your group over to the castle for fireworks. If I were in your shoes, this is what I'd do.

We got the seat pads and they're now in my shed. They are not that rad and you gotta carry them during the day.

That being said. I love fireworks. I %100 look forward to having my family in front of the castle for the show. Disney is putting a huge emphasis on the castle projection. It is not the same viewing from the Fantasmic area. Multiple nights would have me going for both but a single night would get me in front of that castle with a dole whip.

My dream is to watch from a thunder mountain railroad as it adds to the experience but I haven't attempted because the timing would be too hard to reliably make happen. (unless someone knows a trick then please help a friend out!)

I (sort of accidentally, definitely not purposefully) got to watch while riding Big Thunder in Disney World (not Land) once. It was pretty cool.

I'm going as a first-time Lander in July with my husband. I was thinking of the River Belle premium seated option - since neither of us would ever be able to get back up off the ground! My question is this: would we be able to keep our seats for the fireworks projection there? We'd have no problem ordering an extra drink/app if need be...

I'm going as a first-time Lander in July with my husband. I was thinking of the River Belle premium seated option - since neither of us would ever be able to get back up off the ground! My question is this: would we be able to keep our seats for the fireworks projection there? We'd have no problem ordering an extra drink/app if need be...
We did River Belle Premium April 21, 2023 (the night before Murphy caught fire) and they allowed us to stay for fireworks. The view is obstructed by some trees but it was still fun for us. The menu is fixed-one set price for a few options so no need to order anything extra.
I’ll be honest we are not super picky( in fact, we love the food at Blue Bayou, which a lot of folks seem to not) but the food for River Belle premium was absolutely terrible.
We still thought the experience was worth it as we had been at Disneyland for a week and we were exhausted and it was nice to see the show on chairs. I will add some photos for you.
The year before we had done Fantasmic through the hungry bear package and that was great as well-if your bum can handle it.
Mine could not the year when we did River Belle-so chairs were a must.

Attachments

• IMG_3933.jpeg
    IMG_3933.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3905.jpeg
    IMG_3905.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3922.jpeg
    IMG_3922.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3917.jpeg
    IMG_3917.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3912.jpeg
    IMG_3912.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter