Fantasmic Dining Pkg 2018 may NOT be a good use of DDP

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
According to this article

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...smic-dining-package-will-be-changing-in-2018/

Fantasmic Dining packages in 2018 will NOT include an app, and you can only get a non-alcoholic drink. Prices are supposed to be adjusted, but we'll have to wait to see what that is to know if it will still be a good option for a TS credit. I can't see how Brown Derby will be since it will still require 2 TS credits. Hmmm....need to check Mama Melrose's menu to see if there is an entrée, dessert, drink that will add up to the $44 value of a TS credit.

Interesting. Seems odd that ddp will include alcohol but the dining package won't.

Interesting. Seems odd that ddp will include alcohol but the dining package won't.

I've been wondering if that will be the "catch" to the addition of alcohol on the dining plans... All of the fixed price meals specify "and a non-alcoholic beverage" included in the price. So it seems very possible that for character meals, buffets, and dining packages, you won't actually be able to use the DDP to cover a drink with dinner.

I've been wondering if that will be the "catch" to the addition of alcohol on the dining plans... All of the fixed price meals specify "and a non-alcoholic beverage" included in the price. So it seems very possible that for character meals, buffets, and dining packages, you won't actually be able to use the DDP to cover a drink with dinner.

And there goes any incentive that folks who have usually paid OOP will have to purchase the plan.

I'm sure there will be a clarification is due course. No one is going to want to use credits for a special package where they get fewer entitlements than without the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!