Fantasmic dinner package- Brown Derby or Mama Melrose's?

trola2

<font color=blue>Mouse Addict<br><font color=purpl
Trying to decide between Mama Melrose's and Brown Derby for a Fantasmic Dinner Package. 3 adults/3 kids. We never have trouble finding somethng for everyone no matter where we go. Any suggestions?? We have eaten at Hollywood and Vine and are eager to try one of the others.

Thanks!
~~Beth
:flower1: :flower1: :flower1:

I think with the kids, you would be better off at Mama Melrose. We ate there recently for the first time and we loved it. The prices are lower too. We originally has ressies for the Brown Derby but after eating snacks all day (and were not hungry enough to justify spending that kind of money on dinner ) and knowing we'd have to sit through Fantasmic, we thought we'd give Mama's a try. SO glad we did. The atmosphere was great, food great, service great.

This is a must do each visit to WDW and we go to MGM.Don't get me wrong BD is a great dining experience also.We love the wood fired pizza you get at Mama's,we have always had good meals and great service at both,I'm not doing a good job of explaining this,sorry.We just love Mama Melrose's,you will have many at the other end of the scale who hate it.No matter what have a great trip.::yes:: :wave2:

We love them both, but both are very different in atmosphere, menus and prices. What are you in the mood for? A more casual atmosphere with less gourmet food then go to Mamas. If you want a slightly more formal atmosphere and more gourmet selections with a higher price, then Brown Derby would be the choice.
We have eaten at both restaurants many times and enjoy both very much. At Mamas we love the flatbreads, the fried calarami and the sangeria. At Brown Derby we love the filet, the tuna and of course the Cobb Salad & grapefruit cake.

I've eaten at both and I would suggest Mama Melrose's. Financially, it will be a little cheaper. Everyone in the party has to order an entree for the fantasmic package. Brown Derby was one of the more expensive meals we have had at WDW. I believe we spent about $80 for the 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter