Fantasmic-how to schedule day

tami82

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of doing the Fantasmic but have a few questions.
Originally we were going to go in the morning to DHS have a 11:30 lunch at Sci-FI and then possibly leave after that.
If I was to do Fantasmic how would i arrange my day as this is a night time event and by the calendar it says 9:00p.m. so im guessing only one show. If i was to do this I would cancel Sci-Fi and go to the park later on. Now what is the usual eating times for Mama Melrose in order to be in time for the show or if its an earlier reservation what do you usually do in between to kill the time.

Why are you leaving? DHS has more than a day's worth of stuff for each of your family members to do. You may have to stay there all day just to ride Toy Story Mania (once) anyway - unless they've dramatically changed the load/unload process. Between the shows and the rides (depending on your preferences), you can easily fill the 1-9 p.m. time frame.
The older daughter (and you guys) can hit ToT & RRC, the younger can Star Tours & Toy Story. As for shows: Older - Indy, Backlot, & Stunt shows, Younger - Muppet Ride, Little Mermaid. The block party in the afternoon is a must as well!!!

We have found if we just want to go to Fantasmic and nothing else at DHS, we will hit one park until early afternoon, take a nap/pool at the hotel for a couple hours, then hit DHS around 6:00 ish for a ride or two then the show. But if you're there....stay and take it all in....plenty to do. If you want, we can send you my wife's excel spreadsheet of our days at DHS. (It's pocketsized for referencing in the park via a fannypack.)

If you have park hoppers, I would suggest going to another park for that day and then hopping over to DHS for the show. DHS is a lot more crowded on Fantasmic days. On our upcoming trip, we are spending the morning and early afternoon at AK and then hopping to DHS for our Fantasmic Dinner Package. We will go to DHS for all of the other things on a different day.

thanks. We dont have hoppers but we werent planning on staying at DHS all day thats why i figured we would go later in the day instead of going in the morning. I went last year for a few hours in the morning until we ate lunch and it was more than enough for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter