Fantasmic package - H&V - more times available in July!

paras4ri

Wishing upon a star........
I just called for a PS on July 6 and the lovely CM told me she had just about anytime I wanted between 4:30 and 7 p.m.!!
::yes::

I just called for the 19th july and was told nothing available so dtick with our 4.20 res!!! she also said she didnt think it worth caling back as it wasnt likely any slots would open up for that day.::confused: :confused:

I was told the same thing by the last CM I spoke with. When I told her that several other CM's said to keep calling back because the later times will eventually open up (which they had) she sounded perturbed and said she'd never heard of such a thing. I'll keep calling back.

Poet, we are currently booked for Mama Melrose at 4:30 on July 19th. We tried back yesterday because I read on another thread later times for some days in July had opened up, but we didnt have any luck either. Maybe they do the first half first, then the end of the month later. :confused: I know last year when we were in this predicament for August, we tried back about 3 weeks before the date and the times were all open. So maybe give it a few more weeks. :D

I've just learned about this dinner package and want to book it for our July 20-31 trip. Are there tickets they send to you or do you just show up with your name and cc and you're on a list? How does this work?

Thanks,
Melissa

I didnt book the fantastmic package for my 4th of july trip but did make a ps at mama melroses and all I could get a few months ago was 5pm now when I called two days ago they had sooo many options and the castmember said its normal that ps will be released once park hrs are stated and confirmed. So hopefully for your dates time will open up!! We got 615pm:bounce: :Pinkbounc

The last time we did it, you received your tickets when you went to the meal. Just show up for your PS & make sure to ask the server for your ticket.

For those who have PS's for later in July, keep trying as the dates get closer. I tried several times to change our H&V FDP PS (boy, that's a lot of initials in a row!) from 4:30 to later without any luck. Finally, about 2 1/2 weeks out I called and got the 7pm PS I wanted!

The same thing seems to be going on with other MGM restaurants also. When I made our Sci Fi lunch PS at 90 days out, the earliest time available was 12:40. After calling back several times with no luck, I checked back a couple of days ago (less than a week from the PS date) and had my choice of times from 11:00 on!

Thank goodness I had a lot of extra minutes on my cell phone plan - I'd hate to see my phone bill if I had to pay long-distance fees on all these calls! :rolleyes:

We just tried calling back again and got a good laugh. After being told they didnt have anything we were looking for, we asked if and when later times would open up. We know those CMs dont usually know, but thought we would give it a shot and ask. The CM came right out and said "Mama Melrose only serves dinner between 4:00-4:30". :teeth:

Originally posted by CamColt
The CM came right out and said "Mama Melrose only serves dinner between 4:00-4:30". :teeth:

lol:D
So it looks like 20 days out is a good time to call...

I just called for July 22 and was told by the CM that I should try early july as they only open up about 3 weeks in advance for times. I will keep calling....:goodvibes

We were able to change our reservation to 7pm 28 days out (July 12th). I'd say try about 4 weeks out!

Katie :wave2:

HiALL ,
I managed to get a new later PS for H&V for july 19th CM offered anytime up to 7.30, we took 6.30. So keep trying!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Funny thing, MM is now serving dinner later than 4:30. ;) WE got 5:20 for the 19th. See you at Fantasmic, Poet! :D

the Brown Derby FDP on July 22. for months I had 3:20 PS. I called like 2 - 3 times a week checking on later times. I called on the 30 day out mark and right away got a 6:20 PS. I suggest to keep calling. I had several times to choose from with 6:20 pm being the latest on my day.

Hope you all get some pixie dust sprinkled your way!

Southern4sure

I got a ps for Hollywood & Vine for 4:00 on the 22 of July. Seems there are a few of us who will be there that day. The CM told me that was all that was available at this time and I've decided to keep that time. If we have it early it will be a lunch/dinner combo and we'll save a little that way and can just have a light snack in between if we get hungry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter