Fantasmic show

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
Is the wheelchair seating in the back? Is there room for the whole family to sit there? We are travelling to WDW with some friends of ours whose son is in a wheelchair. We were wondering how often we are going to have to split up with one adult staying with him and the others going to find another place to sit with the other kids.

Also, for Fantasmic is there a quick exit available? He is 10 years old and sometimes music/fireworks upsets him. Other times he is fine so we just never know. We just would like to have a quick exit plan in place just in case.

The seating is on both the first and last row (you take a ramp down to the first row) and depending on the size of the family will depend on how close ya'll sit- There is one seat directly next to the chair and they usually reserve 2-3 rows right in front for the families. (if its crowded though and its a party of 10+ they might have to split)

There is no completely quick exit (the roads about a half mile long) but its an easy enough to leave the autitorium.

-em

I would think the back row would be best for this situation, as it gets you out of there fast if the child has a problem with the fireworks. If you were down in front, the special effects could be right in your face, so to speak. That probably wouldn't be a good thing if he has issues with fireworks!

There are also not that many wheelchair spots in the front row. We have never been there early enough to snag one. DH and I (without DD and her wheelchair) sat in the second row from the front in July and I have sat in the front row with my other DD.
One of the other things you need to know about the front row seating is that you can get very wet. There are some water effects during the show and part of the show is movies projected on a layer of fine water mist. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you can either get a little wet or very wet.
The very back row is mostly open spaces for wheelchairs and ecvs, divided off by a seat or 2 every few spaces. As was already mentioned, the row in front of the back row is reserved for the people traveling with the wheelchair parties. If they are busy, you might be asked to split into smaller groups (one person sit with the wheelchair, a few sit together in the row in front and the rest sit either in the row ahead of that or somewhere else). If you have a total of 5 or 6 people in your group, you will probably all be able to sit close together. If your group is 10 or 12, not likely.
When you think of the back row being just wheelchair plus one other person for each wheelchair, the seats right in "front" of that wheelchair are the space alloted for that party. If one party takes up too much space, that means someone else's family will not have a place close to the wheelchair to sit.

There is a large open area behind the back row, which the CMs keep clear as a fire exit during the show. So, if the child needs to get "out" during the show, it won't be a problem. There is a snack bar and a set of restrooms at the back of the stadium. As long as you are not blocking the fire exit, you would be able to go in those areas to calm him down (although it will be dark).

For leaving after the show is over, we just take our time and let the crowd thin way down. You won't get out any faster by not waiting and the trip out is much more pleasant without so many people.

SueM in MN said:
There is a large open area behind the back row, which the CMs keep clear as a fire exit during the show. So, if the child needs to get "out" during the show, it won't be a problem. There is a snack bar and a set of restrooms at the back of the stadium. As long as you are not blocking the fire exit, you would be able to go in those areas to calm him down (although it will be dark).
Sometimes they keep it clear sometimes they don't do a very good job. The night I was using reflective captioning the were doing a very poor job. There were about 10 of us using it and people kept standing behind us and blocking the captioning. And they refused to move when asked. Hope they are doing a better job now.

Talking Hands said:
Sometimes they keep it clear sometimes they don't do a very good job. The night I was using reflective captioning the were doing a very poor job. There were about 10 of us using it and people kept standing behind us and blocking the captioning. And they refused to move when asked. Hope they are doing a better job now.
The last few times we went, they did a good job. But, I can see it might vary by how well staffed they are and how seriously they take their jobs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter