Fantasy 7 night DVC Member Cruise! August 26, 2017! It's a Grand Slam!

Palo brunch isn't available the entire cruise! How is that possible at this point?
This happened to us last year and again this year. They seem to sell out when the 120 day window opens up for Platinum and Concierge. As Gold, we've had to book this reservation on embarkation day when we first board the ship.

We are on the Magic! The voice of the monorail is now selling DVC on board and just gave us the spiel! He's hosting the DVC show!

Hope you're having a great cruise on the EBTA Bobbi. We'll be a few sails behind you to the British Isles this year. and then it's onward to the Member Cruise. can't wait.

JQ and I caught a glimpse of the Wonder while visiting San Diego this past weekend. She was sailing a few California Coast itineraries before headed to Vancouver to cruise Alaska this summer.

DSC09937_zpsllqqr9dc.jpg

DSC09940_zpsdmw21iku.jpg

magic%20san%20diego_zpspogduo6g.jpg

DSC09964_zpscrxicuhp.jpg

DSC09991_zpsp08vroil.jpg

We were happy to see her in port and wave goodby. So cool.

DSC00041_zpsb7mimoat.jpg

DSC00048_zpscolnur5g.jpg

Anymore interest in the Local Candy/ Snack exchange?

Our experience on the EBTA gave us varied treats! Saint Louis area gave us fruit licorice, Ooey louey cake(yummy), and 2 kinds of local potato chips. It was fun sharing and sampling things! We also met for breakfast on the first sea day, good attendance, so we recognized familiar faces throughout the cruise!

Hi everyone. I haven't had a chance to post in a while but wanted to say hello. JQ and I took a quick trip to WDW to preview Pandora so I've been busy posting on that thread. Really can't wait to go back.

Bobbi, sounds like you had a wonderful TA voyage.

For this cruise, we're travelling with my DBIL Tom and his wife Deb. They're silver CC and checked in last weekend. They were a day behind when the window opened up which was tough. By the time they logged in, there was no brunch - Remy or Palo available at all and they were unable to join us for the same night Palo dinner we have. They also could not book the Tortola Baths excursion with us. So I don't know how all of this will play out. We booked the DCL transfers, so I'm expecting to board the ship later than most, which will put us at a disadvantage with reserving Palo in person. And I have no idea what we're going to do about Tortola.

We rearranged our schedule, and are no longer staying at the Marriott port the night before. We now have 2nts precruise in a 2BD at Copper Creek. Should be fun.
Post cruise, we'll be joining up with my DS and parents at the BWV for 3nts. Unfortunately, we're leaving the day before the Member event at AK which is sad but unavoidable. So all this group Disney planning is a taking some time.

How is everyone else doing?

Anyone know why the Palo brunch was sold out so early for our Aug. 26th Member's Cruise? We got on the moment we could as gold members and they were already all gone for the entire trip. I would have thought they would have saved some openings for the gold and the silver members to allow them to book. I did call Member Services to see if there was a wait list(there is not) and she was surprised they did not know why they did not hold back for other categories as well....smjj

Anyone know why the Palo brunch was sold out so early for our Aug. 26th Member's Cruise? We got on the moment we could as gold members and they were already all gone for the entire trip. I would have thought they would have saved some openings for the gold and the silver members to allow them to book. I did call Member Services to see if there was a wait list(there is not) and she was surprised they did not know why they did not hold back for other categories as well....smjj
Go to the designated place for dining changes as soon as you board! I hope you will get something!

We had the same situation as you and were surprised by the lack of availability for a 7nt cruise with 3 at sea days. In fact, we haven't been able to book Palo Brunch for the past 3 cruises as Gold Member - including a 12nt sail out of Dover, England this year on the Magic. Again, nothing was available for brunch and we checked in the minute our window opened.

When we were cruising out of NYC on last year's Member Cruise, we couldn't believe how many DVC cruisers were Platinum. Lucky for them, they all have the privilege of boarding first, so by the time we were getting on the ship, half the terminal had cleared out. It was so weird. They actually called everyone with boarding numbers 4 and above to all proceed together.

So unfortunately we were way behind this massive group when entering Lumiere's dining room to try and book Palo brunch. This meant, we were forced to take whatever was left from a handful of reservations - which unfortunately happened to be the morning following dinner there the night before. It was a terrible decision on our part. We were way too full to enjoy this beautiful meal and basically forced ourselves to try and eat. Never again.

We reserved Remy for brunch and if we can't switch things around in a workable time frame, will just forget Palo for brunch and keep things as is. My DBIL is Silver and could not even get Remy Brunch for this cruise when he checked in. Since we're all taking DCL transfers from WDW that morning, I'm not holding out any hope of success here.

Last edited:
We have adjusted our pre/post cruise stays. We'll be at BLT for 2 nights prior, and we will fly home right after the cruise.

The Candy, Snack exchange on the EBTA gave us lots of tasty treats, anymore interest for this exchange?

A few things I was not aware of............................

The Fantasy has just come out of dry dock with several upgrades and enhancements:

1. New Juice Bar in Senses Spa

2. New kids splash pool area

3. New ice cream shoppe: Sweet on You (replaced the arcade)

4. Tiffany's has it's own store: (replaced the art gallery) & Shutters is completely revamped:

(great video showing these changes and a whole late night empty walkthrough of many areas of the ship incl. the new hand washing stations in Cabanas)

Enjoy! Can't wait to see her in person. It's been over 4yrs since we sailed this ship.

Last edited:
Bummer. We do not get to book anything until Monday. Sounds like our trip will be very relaxing and not many activities. We are planning on going to WDW for four nights before the cruise. Any updates on the FE #2 group?

Local Candy Exchange.....share some local treats with others via your Fish Extender!

KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

Who else?

We were last on Fantasy in February 2015, it was just before my bilateral knee replacement! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes!

Last edited:
Bummer. We do not get to book anything until Monday. Sounds like our trip will be very relaxing and not many activities. We are planning on going to WDW for four nights before the cruise. Any updates on the FE #2 group?

there are a handful of Palo and Remy dinners left so I'd recommend going right under "search all days" as soon as your activities window opens up and checking to see whats available. There are still a lot of port adventures to choose from as well. You guys will have a great time no matter what.

No updates yet on FE #2. We're fast approaching 75 days out. Who would like to signup?? Anyone in the Crafter's FE want to join us??
Anyone on the fence?? Buellar?? Buellar??

Click on this link for details.

:fish:FE #2 SIGNUPS: Fantasy DVC Member Cruise 8/26/17 :fish:

IMG_0168.jpg

Any more interest?
Local Candy Exchange.....share some local treats with others via your Fish Extender!

KashasMom
Karen924
bobbiwoz
pekollie

We decided to book DCL transportation to the port and then after back to the airport.

Is there any interest in meeting for breakfast or lunch?

Last edited:
Was able to book today! Kids are super excited. Wondering what meds you would recommend for motion sickness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!