FAQ for Disneyland Brides

JonetteA

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to have all of the Disneyland Wedding information in one place since it differs from WDW.

*Note: All of the below is subject to change at any time per Disney's rules/ regulations and pricing.

Here are some pictures that I have of some of the venues available at the Disneyland Resort.

Disneyland Hotel
Rose Court Garden
RCGGazebo3.jpg

ShannonRCGdecorated.jpg

Grand/Great Lawn Cocktail Reception
DLHGrandLawnpre-reception.jpg

Grand Californian Hotel
Wedding Garden
GCHScreen2.jpg

ShannonGCHWG2.jpg

Brisa Courtyard (used for Cocktail Receptions)
BrisaCtyd2.jpg

Basic Charger and Linens
GCHtableclothplate.jpg

Trillium Room (all 3 rooms together)......there are 3 windows in this room, two small on each side of the larger rectangular widow
GCHTrillium.jpg

Trillium Room patio
GCHTrilliumPatio.jpg

Link to Disneyland Virtual Site Inspection...keep in mind that some of this information is out of date, as prices ahve changed.
http://www.getawayweddings.com/inspection/index.asp

Festival of the Brides Bridal show at Disneyland Hotel Link...
http://www.festivalofbrides.com/DISNEYLANDHOTEL.htm

FAQ's from the Disneyland Weddings website

Q: Can I have my wedding ceremony and reception in different Disneyland® Resort locations?

A: Yes! One of the best aspects of a wedding at the Disneyland® Resort is that you can custom design your wedding event. Check out the variety of Wedding Locations available for your wedding event. Most wedding ceremonies take place in one of our lushly landscaped Wedding Gardens or Gazebos while receptions can range from your choice of well-appointed Resort ballrooms, or, for the ultimate Disney experience, in the privacy of one of our world famous Theme Parks!

Q: Will the deposit apply to the wedding?

A: Yes, your deposit will act as your commitment to host your wedding at the Disneyland® Resort and enable us to begin planning your events and reserving hotel room accommodations. The deposit will be applied toward your wedding and is non-refundable once it is received. Deposits are required to confirm your wedding event space and special hotel and ticket rates.

Q: Do the preferred vendors (i.e. photographers, videographers, hair and make-up, ministers, etc.) apply to the overall expenditures?

A: Only Disney provided services apply towards your wedding minimum. This includes all food & beverage, wedding cake, floral and décor, Disney favors and entertainment. Any non-Disney provided services from a vendor will not apply toward your minimum. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be happy to clarify this for you during the planning process of your wedding.

Q: Can I bring in my own wedding cake?

A: Wedding cakes and all other Food & Beverage related services must be provided by the Disneyland® Resort. We offer a variety of selections and spectacular designs or our award-winning pastry chefs are happy to create the wedding cake of your dreams based on your photos or imagination. Check out our Wedding Cake Photo Gallery to see just a few of our favorites.

Q: I would love to have my wedding in a Disneyland® Resort Theme Park but do not have the budget. How do you suggest we incorporate the Disney magic into our wedding event?

A: We are pleased to offer many magical opportunities to enhance your celebration. A pre or post-wedding event such as a Fantasmic!* Dessert party, Disney's Electrical Parade* Rehearsal Dinner or even a whimsical Mad Hatter Tea Party Brunch are all excellent ways to add a touch of Disney magic to your special day. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be pleased to share details of these options and many more.

Q: I am considering a wedding date one year from now. What is the planning cycle?

A: Your timing is perfect! Our typical wedding planning cycle is based on a one year plan. Please see our Disney Wedding Timeline for a detailed Wedding Plan. Of course, we are delighted to accommodate you should your wedding schedule require. Any scheduling options should be discussed with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Policies and Guidelines....taken from Disney's webpage

Booking Your Wedding
Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding offices are open Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m - 5:00p.m. "Site inspections" are available and should be scheduled in advance with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. It is recommended that you determine availability of your preferred wedding dates in advance of your visit to the Disneyland® Resort. Once your wedding plans are definite, you will be assigned a Disney Wedding Planner. Should you require after-hours appointments, availability may be determined and discussed with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Deposits
A retainer will be required for your commitment to host your wedding at the Disneyland® Resort and enable us to begin planning your events and reserving hotel room accommodations. The retainer will be applied toward your wedding and is non-refundable once it is received. Retainers are required to confirm your wedding event space and special hotel rates.

Food & Beverage Expenditures
Food and beverage minimum expenditures apply based on event time and location. Service charge and sales tax are added to all food and beverage totals and are subject to change without notice.

Wedding Expenditures
Overall wedding event minimum expenditures apply based on the day of the week and location. Holiday seasons may require a higher minimum. Food and beverage, flowers, décor, music, entertainment, special transportation, ceremony site fees and any other services exclusively for the wedding event will apply toward reaching or exceeding this minimum provided by the Disneyland® Resort and Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. A room rental fee will apply for receptions only.

Guest Accommodations
It is anticipated that each bride will guarantee 10 hotel room nights as part of her Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding as stated in the Letter of Agreement. To assist with this, we are pleased to offer special room rates at any of the three Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort for guests attending this special day. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be happy to discuss the details of this opportunity with you.

To encourage your guests take advantage of these attractive offers, Disney will send complimentary "Save-the-Date" announcements, "Wedding Guest Reservation" and "Disney Ticket" forms. These forms will be personalized and coordinated for you.

Complimentary Wedding night accommodations are offered for your special first night together at the Resort location of your reception. For an additional charge and based on space availability, additional nights and a suite upgrade can be arranged for your stay.

Parking
Self Parking: Couples hosting their wedding at the Disneyland® Resort will receive complimentary self-parking for their guests. Guests wil be directed to park their vehicles in available Resort Hotel parking locations.

Valet Parking: Couples may host their guests' valet parking for a flat fee per car attending their event. If they choose not to, their guests will pay the standard fee for valet parking if requested.

Ceremony Location Fees
A ceremony site fee is required for the options below:

• Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
• Disneyland® Hotel
• Theme Park Weddings and Special Events

Create a real-life fairy tale wedding inside Disney's California Adventure™ or Disneyland® theme park. These premium events are held after hours, have limited availability, higher minimums, and are priced independently from Disneyland® Resort Hotel wedding events.

Disney's world class service, quality and style are always enthusiastically presented to you and your honored guests. Please contact your Disney Wedding Planner for more information on these special options.

Note: Theme park weddings, receptions, and pre/post wedding events are based upon availability and food & beverage minimums.

Planning Your Wedding
See our Wedding Planning Timeline for a breakdown of important planning milestones.

Soon after we receive your signed Letter of Agreement you will be mailed a comprehensive planning kit. This will allow you to prepare for a productive planning session with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Planning Session
We recommend that in order for you to maximize the efficiency of your planning process you schedule a visit for a formal "Planning Session" with your Disney Wedding Planner early in your planning stages. Of course, we are delighted to attend to all of the wedding planning details via telephone, e-mail, faxes and mail if your schedule does not permit a visit prior to your wedding event.

Rest assured that the entire team of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings stands ready to assist you with all of the planning details of your very special wedding event. We will make every effort to accommodate your requests for site visits and planning meetings as long as we have advance notice in order to allow sufficient time to dedicate to you while you are here.

Key Planning Dates
Five Weeks in Advance of Your Wedding Date: We recommend you call any Guests you have not received written responses from, to ensure that they received your invitation and to confirm their attendance.

Four Weeks in Advance of Your Wedding Date: Full payment in the form of check, money order, or Credit Card is due to your Wedding Planner.

Four Business Days Before Your Wedding: A final guest guarantee will be required for all Food & Beverage functions.

Final Balance: Any balance due after your final guarantee will be collected from you prior to your wedding day.

Contact Us
Call (714) 956-6527 to speak with a Disney Wedding Sales Consultant.

BrideToBe82 everything looks so lovely!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Belle62442 said:
BrideToBe82 everything looks so lovely!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Thanks Belle! I have a ton more to post...I'll try to do more tonight or tomorrow :)

Cyrssi,

Go ahead and post your vendor review. I think it would be great to know who everyone is using for things like flowers, photography, linens...etc. I encourage all Disneyland brides to do this! As well as examples of their work of course.

Vendor Review

Invitations: Impressions, www.fairytalewedding.com
Programs: DIY
47b6da24b3127cce887dcc71d3c100000016108AZMmzNs4cOE
(sorry about the extremely poor quality...)

Dress: Essense of Australia
Salon: Allusions, Brea, CA
Alterations: Harmony by Teresa, Orange, CA
Bridesmaids dresses: Alfred Angelo
Tiara: Royal Romance
tiara

Veil: DIY, Crystal & Mom - tulle: Class Act Tutu, www.classacttutu.com, crystals: www.artbeads.com
47b5cf35b3127cce9510677201a600000015108AZMmzNs4cOE

Shoes: Touch-Ups Cinderella, www.shoebuy.com
benja120441_63916_lg.jpg

Bridal party flowers: gift from cousin, assembled by mom, aunt, sister, & cousin
47b6df06b3127cce96b1d388ef3700000016108AZMmzNs4cOE

Tux: Men’s Wearhouse

Hair/Makeup: Hair Comes the Bride, www.haircomesthebride.com
Stylist: Gina

Photographers: Boutwell Studio, www.boutwellstudio.com
Videographers: Radiant Video Productions, www.radiantvideoproductions.com

DJ: Disney’s DJ – Invisible Touch, www.invisibletouchdj.com (we had to use Disney's DJ b/c of our in-park reception)

Centerpieces/floral: Disney Floral

We had the most magical, very nearly perfect fairy tale wedding on a Friday evening.

Note on shoes:

I now realize why it was so difficult to find closed-toe clear vinyl Cinderella pumps. Those suckers are uncomfortable! Now if you are stubborn like me, this vital information will go in one ear and out the other. I was DETERMINED to have clear Cinderella shoes. Might I suggest the open-toe version. My toes were crammed into the front of the shoe because vinyl does not give at all. Loved the shoes, but my poor toes!

Allusions:

I had a pretty good experience with Allusions. My sister and I happened to make an appointment when they were having the Essense trunk show. The Essense rep asked me what I was looking for (strapless, sweetheart bodice, organza ballgown) and proceeded to show me the *perfect* dress! It was from their custom mix and match collection. I have not seen anyone else with it! :thumbsup2 . Alterations were good...I only had 2 fittings, and I picked up my gown on the way to Disneyland for the rehearsal (I had had it steamed). Word of advice to all brides, if your seamstress tells you that your bustle would look better as a sweep train, be firm and say NO (unless of course, that's what you want). I wasn't really concerned with it getting dirty, just people stepping on it. Wouldn't you know that DH stepped on it and pulled out the bustle. :rolleyes:

Photography:

If you can work it into your budget, absolutely, 100% go with Doug & Chenin! They are the most amazing, cool, talented photographers. When they shoot your event, it really is like they are your good buddies. We HIGHLY recommend them! They are awesome and the photos are gorgeous…

Videography:

Our main concern with a videographer was that he/she didn’t get in the way of the photographers. When you spend that much money, you want your photos to be the best. On the recommendation of Doug and Chenin, we went with Jack and Carolyn of Radiant Video Productions. We only needed raw footage, since we will do our own editing. They are a husband and wife team and did 7 hours of 2 camera footage. It was great to work with them, and as they know Doug and Chenin, it made it all the better.

*(we have not watched/edited the footage yet - over 1 year later!! - b/c we don't have a camera that reads miniDV...LOL, well, we'll get to it eventually!)

Hair & Makeup:

I was much happier with my makeup on the wedding day than at my trial. After my trial, I had e-mailed suggestions and comments to Hair Comes the Bride, who passed it on to Gina. She totally worked it so that my wedding makeup was practically perfect. I really liked it! My hair kind of lost its curl throughout the night, but what do you expect from an outdoor, evening, wedding/reception at DCA?

DJ:

The Disney DJ was great! They have a website where you put in all your information and song selections, and then you actually meet or phone conference the DJ, and he will tailor your party to the type of event you want. He brought along another DJ as well, and they did a great job!

Disney Floral:

They did a GREAT job! At our tasting, they showed us 2 centerpiece samples. We went with the tall, slender one. We had to use Disney floral because our park reception came with a per table floral allotment that we had to use. We provided the mini snowglobes (see my sig. photos).

Aisle Runner - ordered through FTW:
47b6df31b3127cce96d2cae21d0c00000015108AZMmzNs4cOE

A dark photo of the coach:
348875%3A5%3B%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3238%3E987%3E%3B%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233493%3A3755%3Cnu0mrj

Food: *note – we fed the photographers and videographers the buffet.

The Disney people really outdid themselves. The food was absolutely amazing. Yes, we DID eat. There was no way we were missing out on THAT. I HIGHLY recommend and suggest the Royal Feast buffet. Here is what we had:

Rock Crab Cobb Salad
Endive and Radicchio with parmesan balsamic vinaigrette
Carved Prime Rib
Grilled chicken breast with sun dried tomatoes and Portobello mushrooms
Cioppino
Pumpkin Ravioli
Grilled seasonal veggies
Roasted baby artichokes

The Royal Pastry Chef’s assortment of desserts and pastries

OMG, the best wedding food ever, probably up there with the best food ever. If you have this for dinner at your wedding, can we come?? LOL The prime rib was to die for, LOVED the pumpkin ravioli…and the desserts!

Cake was vanilla with white chocolate mousse and passionfruit! YUMMY! The other layer was chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse. I am a big chocoholic, but I definitely preferred the white and passionfruit cake. Mmm...

47b6dd02b3127cce97b1c4b3c5dd00000016108AZMmzNs4cOE

Well, this has gone on long enough. Feel free to ask me anything! We had a blast!

Hi all, I just got engaged at WDW in December and will be getting married at Disneyland and am looking at May 17th of 2008. I kniw it is so far away but I am so excited. I am hoping to get some advice from other Dsineyland Brides. First of all, I am looking at having the ceremony at the Rose Garden, pre reception at the Brisa Courtyard, and the Reception at the Sequoia Ballroom. Has anyone had any experience at any of these locations? I am also looking for a very "fairy tale" esque gown, but don't want to spend more than $1k-1500, any advice or suggestiosn on good places to look that are't way more? lastly, I really want to have the special Fantasmic rehersal dinner. Does anyone know how much that generallt costs per person?? Thanks for the help!

welcome! be sure to post your gown question in the regular weddings section, b/c I know you will get a lot of help there! :thumbsup2

Sorry I don't know about the Fantasmic! dinner...but that would have been cool! :thumbsup2 I would have loved a Club 33 rehearsal...but...oh well...lol

I had my ceremony at the Rose Court Garden with my cocktail hour in the Brisa Courtyard, and the reception in the Trillium Room. Tyose are all great locations. You will not be disappointed. Especially with the RCG in bloom at that time of the year. I only know of one other bride wo had the Fantasmic event, but that was back in 2003 in a differnt group. I remember that hers was after her wedding and there were difficu7lties the entire process. WIth yours being a rehearsal you probbaly won't have any issues. It will probably be Riverside seating at the standard price. You just might have to go through events to plan it.

Ltl Mermaid-Its great to see another Disneyland bride on the board!! Sorry it took me so long to read your post! I'm getting married at the RCG w/the reception at the Pavilion Ballroom this August. Every picture I have seen of the RCG is amazing...I have some pics in my planning journal (link in my siggy). My planning session is at the end of this month and I plan on taking tons of pics and asking about a Fantasmic rehersal dinner.

Thanks for all the responses so far, everyone. I know my wedding is far away (1 year and four months to the date!) I am already getting excited about all of the special things Disney does/offers for their weddings! Bridetobe: Please keep me updated on anything you find out, and make sure to post lots of pics after your wedding! Thanks again!

Bridetobe: Where did you find your bridesmaid dresse4s?? I LOVE them and would love to find out where you got them! Thanks!

Ltl Mermaid-I'll make sure to post all about my planning session! We are getting the bridesmaids dresses from www.watters.com. I think you can do a search on this website to find out who carries Watters dresses. We are getting the dresses from www.bridesmaidstore.com here in Austin. I know that www.netbrides.com sells these dresses but my bridesmaids store was able to match online prices. GL!

Ltl Mermaid- I asked my coordinator about a Fantasmic rehearsal dinner and was told that they no longer offer that. Things constantly change so you should ask about it when you have your planning session. I will be posting about my planning session soon :)

Thanks for asking about the rehersal dinner. I am kind of bummed that they aren't offering the fantasmic package. I cannot wait to hear all about your planning session, who is the coordinator you are working with. So far, all of my contact has been with Kelly Feeney, who seems tobe very nice and on the ball. Thanks again and I'll look for your planning session update soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts