far aft cabins, deck 10 or 7?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I am looking at a couple of 2020 Fantasy cruises and the only far aft cabins left are deck 10 or 7 (or the flag room on deck 6). We are in 8684 in June on the Dream this year. I see some people are bugged by Cabanas noise and others are not. I like to get up on the cruises and see the sunrise anyhow, although naps are not uncommon. Any opinions on 10666, or 7194?

I honestly think they are almost the same (assuming you meant room 10166). They both feature the slightly wider verandah as a result of the supply closet along the starboard wall. I'd just pick 7194 and be done with it to quell any concerns about noise from deck 10. You'll be about 3 decks from anything though on deck 7. To be fair deck 10 aft has an outdoor eating area for cabanas. Only really busy during a food time, and even then if it is cold or windy, not a lot of people will be there.

We stayed in 6690 on the Fantasy one time. 6690 is the extreme aft cabin just to one side of the "flag" cabin (6192) on deck 6. There were no problems with this room while we were sailing, but in ports, the flag was a nuisance as you couldn't see around it and it was constantly flapping in your face.

ETA...our absolute favorite cabin on the Dream or Fantasy is 9174. We are not bothered by the "vibrations" that cause some others grief

Last edited:
We were in a far aft cabin on 7 last cruise. We definitely felt the vibrations. But noise was not at all bad.

You could see soda bubbles fizz with the vibrations at some points.

I am on the lookout for the cabins that are right in the middle. 7194 is open on one I like, and 10166 on the other, and 8188 on another option. It is just going to depend on whether or not DH wants to go at the start of my summer break (late May/early June) or wait until the last week of July.

If I were in your situation, I'd go with deck 10. It was really convenient to be one deck down from the pool deck and able to run up to Cabanas and grab a plate when the family wanted to start the day a little slow.

7194 ... Closer to the water. Less high so should be more stable... However, didn't I hear about a vibration problem Fantasy Aft? Did they fix it?

7194 ... Closer to the water. Less high so should be more stable... However, didn't I hear about a vibration problem Fantasy Aft? Did they fix it?

In the reviews some people are bothered by it and will never book aft cabins again, and others acknowledge it but loved the room and would book it again. Our aft room is on the dream in June so we won't have that issue as much, but we will at least see the view, etc. DH LOVES his veranda time, and the fantasy cruises both have 2 sea days at least. We can get 10166 on the western, 7194 on the Eastern.

In the reviews some people are bothered by it and will never book aft cabins again, and others acknowledge it but loved the room and would book it again. Our aft room is on the dream in June so we won't have that issue as much, but we will at least see the view, etc. DH LOVES his veranda time, and the fantasy cruises both have 2 sea days at least. We can get 10166 on the western, 7194 on the Eastern.

Aft view is my favorite view. So peaceful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter