Fast and Furious Supercharged - Open Now

How do soft openings work? We will be there April 23-29. Do you think there is a chance we could luck out for a ride?

How do soft openings work? We will be there April 23-29. Do you think there is a chance we could luck out for a ride?

The are unnanounced, and at limited times. Typically the start off with a very small time window which they'll test out the ride with guests, make adjustments, then open it up a bit longer the next day. Basically to work out the kinks and ride operations stuff (line management, and anything unexpected that comes up). By the 23rd they should be running enough where it's open a fair part of the day. The only way to tell is just to walk by and see if its open, they won't announce anything. And they won't tell you when they expect to open it, they just do. It's more for getting the team and the ride ramped up slowly and controlled than anything else before they do the big advertising that it's open.

Go by it, ride if you can, if not come back later in the day and try again.

This is from experience with the last few new rides they opened. Fallon last year soft opened to the public late in the evening the first day for an hour. Next day it was last two hours, and it gradually expanded to the whole day.

I am guessing this will NOT be an EP ride. Does anyone know if it will have a single rider line?

This will be a Virtual Line ride (like Jimmy Fallon). Based on this picture posted on the Universal Orlando Instagram page, it appears that there will be a Single Rider line.
jVxf7H

I am guessing this will NOT be an EP ride. Does anyone know if it will have a single rider line?

Express will work like Fallon, you just skip the "Virtual Line" and go right in to the general preshow area. They won't do express in previews, but should start it when it's officially open.

I'm know they give a description on the website, but I just figured I'd ask in case anyone had more detail... What's the ride supposed to be like? Is it like Transformers or another ride already in the park for an example?

I am visiting on May 6 so right after this opens on the 3rd. Will the overall park levels be crazy that week because of this?

They may be elevated, but I highly doubt this ride (and franchise) would raise the attendance to "crazy" levels. Now when another Harry Potter ride/land opens, that's another story.

I am visiting on May 6 so right after this opens on the 3rd. Will the overall park levels be crazy that week because of this?

Early may is usually a slow time, it may be a bit busier than usual, the new ride will be slammed, but it should actually make everything else a bit less crowded.

I've been reading pretty poor reviews of the ride on the Inside Universal forums. Seems like it's kind of a mess unfortunately. I'll reserve judgment until I ride it though.

There will always be good and bad reviews before the public even is allowed to do the ride.

Pay no attention until the ride is open and others discuss their experiences.

I've been reading pretty poor reviews of the ride on the Inside Universal forums. Seems like it's kind of a mess unfortunately. I'll reserve judgment until I ride it though.

Ya, the reviews are pretty overwhelmingly negative from the reviews so far. It will be interesting once the general public starts riding.

Ya, the reviews are pretty overwhelmingly negative from the reviews so far. It will be interesting once the general public starts riding.

I'm always very amused to read reviews for things that are not opened yet. :)
Armchair quaterbacking :)

I'm always very amused to read reviews for things that are not opened yet. :)
Armchair quaterbacking :)

TMs have been riding it and reporting. I assume they will be more picky than the GP but who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter