Fast and Furious Supercharged - Open Now

Do you think it would be good for folks with motion sickness? My wife hasn’t done Kong yet, so can’t compare. :(

Even if you have the worst case of motion sickness you are fine for both Kong and F&F. Everything is moving so fast in F&F that you literally can't see much of what is going on with the screens and then also with the water and smoke effect. I suffer horrible motion sickness and have done both multiple issues without even a hint of that icky feeling.

Forgot to say right after the speed tunnel effect, you enter a big physical scene in an alley with a few nice cars before the odd party scene. This physical scene had a great movie ride vibe to the whole thing, and was a nice little surprise, just way too short.

I felt the same with the Great Movie Ride comparison. Was expecting James Cagney to be waiting around the corner with a bunch of mobsters.

Let's be honest about this as Universal fans: Plenty of people went onto this ride determined to hate it because it contains screens.

When I argue with Disney apologists with all the screen-bashing, I bring up how Navi River Journey is just another boat ride or how Flights of Passage reuses Soarin's technology the same way Transformers reuses Spider-Man's system. They go beserk.

I'm not expecting to love F&F either, but all indications have been Universal Creative knows about the screen perception and wants to break that mold. Kong, Fallon and F&F were simply too far along to change drastically.

If the rumored Forbidden Forest attraction is more of the same, however, THEN there's a problem, because that would say Universal doesn't care about the "nothing but screens" insults and wants to keep adding new rides in the cheapest, easiest way possible.

Let's be honest about this as Universal fans: Plenty of people went onto this ride determined to hate it because it contains screens.

When I argue with Disney apologists with all the screen-bashing, I bring up how Navi River Journey is just another boat ride or how Flights of Passage reuses Soarin's technology the same way Transformers reuses Spider-Man's system. They go beserk.

I'm not expecting to love F&F either, but all indications have been Universal Creative knows about the screen perception and wants to break that mold. Kong, Fallon and F&F were simply too far along to change drastically.

If the rumored Forbidden Forest attraction is more of the same, however, THEN there's a problem, because that would say Universal doesn't care about the "nothing but screens" insults and wants to keep adding new rides in the cheapest, easiest way possible.
I think the biggest issue was it's a recycled ride from Hollywood that isn't really that popular.

I've heard the new HP ride will have no screens at all, but that's a rumor.

The new Forbidden Forest ride is an outdoor roller coaster. Pretty tough to have it be screen based.

Even if you have the worst case of motion sickness you are fine for both Kong and F&F. Everything is moving so fast in F&F that you literally can't see much of what is going on with the screens and then also with the water and smoke effect. I suffer horrible motion sickness and have done both multiple issues without even a hint of that icky feeling.
Thanks!

Everything about the Forbidden Forest ride is hearsay at this point. Even the assumption it'll be a Forbidden Forest ride, though it certainly makes the most sense.

Right, but if Universal wanted to they could do screens in those sections. I was mentioning that the rumor is that they won't.

My point is just that they could certainly do screens in those sections but that wouldn't make it a screen based ride. I don't think anyone has issues with brief screens. It is just when the entire ride is based on screens that it becomes a problem.

My point is just that they could certainly do screens in those sections but that wouldn't make it a screen based ride. I don't think anyone has issues with brief screens. It is just when the entire ride is based on screens that it becomes a problem.
We're saying similar things. I've just read that there will be no screens whatsoever. Either way, I think we both agree that Universal is at least addressing the problem by creating some rides without them (although I wish there were more on the Studios side!)

Rode it this afternoon. It was OK, I probably won’t ride every trip. I was in the far left side which made it hard to see the first couple of scenes. (And I got a bit wet!) Not being a car person, the queue did nothing for me.

Thanks for sharing

I’ve been reading fb and peeps are saying sit on the far right side for better views

Your post confirms it now!

I’m not into cars like some others are but will be doing the ride on my next trip
If it’s a fun ride, I’ll do it a lot

Any world on whether it is (hopefully) longer than Kong?
We rode yesterday morning. The first thing my son said when we got off was "Well that was short".

As far as the view goes there were 5 in our row and I was the last to get on so I was on the far left. I don't feel like I missed anything important. For much of the ride there was action on both sides causing you to look back and forth.

I changed the title to reflect the ride is officially open as of today. (I assumed they'd wait until after the media day on May 2nd, but they did not) I suspect May 2nd will have other announcements along with Fast and Furious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!