FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - haven't done this in a year. My fastpass window is this Saturday. What is the time the window opens online, I am in NY / Eastern Time. (Is it midnight or 7AM)

Thanks for any feedback, Marina

7:00a, as noted in Post #3.

Thanks, re-read the post , very helpful. It's only been a year since I've done this but I forgot.

Quick question that I did not see, is there a teck support # you can call if you are having problems with the system?

I did not see this in the FAQ's:

We just concluded a stay at CBR. We are passholders. While we were still at CBR, I was randomly looking for FPs for FoP in the future. The app was showing me dates 60 days in advance, and I found some FPs. We do not have another stay booked. When I came home, we are back to only a 30-day advance FP window. Is this an anomaly? Will we need a resort reservation to use the future FP's?

(Note that will will almost certainly book an onsite room, just wondered if the FP could be used with no room booked because my daughter lived in Orlando).

I did not see this in the FAQ's:

We just concluded a stay at CBR. We are passholders. While we were still at CBR, I was randomly looking for FPs for FoP in the future. The app was showing me dates 60 days in advance, and I found some FPs. We do not have another stay booked. When I came home, we are back to only a 30-day advance FP window. Is this an anomaly? Will we need a resort reservation to use the future FP's?

(Note that will will almost certainly book an onsite room, just wondered if the FP could be used with no room booked because my daughter lived in Orlando).

There is only a 30-day window if you do not have an on-site reservation booked. It does not matter if you have an annual pass.

With an off-site reservation, the 60 day window stays open at least until you check-in to the resort. That used to be when it closed again back to 30 days. If you were further into the stay, it is possible it stayed open until check-out day.

If you were further into the stay, it is possible it stayed open until check-out day.

I did not expect that or I would have tried to make additional/different FP plans. So the future FPs will be good even if I don't make an onsite reservation?

I did not expect that or I would have tried to make additional/different FP plans. So the future FPs will be good even if I don't make an onsite reservation?

Not necessarily. If you make additional FPs that would then fall outside the 30 day window, when the window closes they may cancel them, much like if you make 60 day FPs and then cancel a reservation while they are still outside the 30 day window.

Not necessarily. If you make additional FPs that would then fall outside the 30 day window, when the window closes they may cancel them, much like if you make 60 day FPs and then cancel a reservation while they are still outside the 30 day window.

Crud. Better see if I can find a room . . . .

I've heard that FP+ return lines can sometimes be long. With respect to your FP+ return time (i.e. 15 min grace period), are you on time if you're in line or do you need to be scanned into the first tap stile?

I've heard that FP+ return lines can sometimes be long. With respect to your FP+ return time (i.e. 15 min grace period), are you on time if you're in line or do you need to be scanned into the first tap stile?

Not 100% sure what you mean by "if you're in line", but it's with the first scan to enter the FP queue. The second is just verification that you didn't hop into the FP line from standby.

Fast pass return lines can "appear" to be long. Maybe it takes you 2 to 4 minutes to make it to the first tapstile, but inside they give boarding priority to FP holders and you get a seat on the ride fairly quick.
If you are in a long line that is a bit stacked up, and you are at the 16, 17 18 minute mark after your window, most CM's will override the blue mickey and wave you on. Just smile and be polite at all times!

Fast pass return lines can "appear" to be long. Maybe it takes you 2 to 4 minutes to make it to the first tapstile, but inside they give boarding priority to FP holders and you get a seat on the ride fairly quick.
If you are in a long line that is a bit stacked up, and you are at the 16, 17 18 minute mark after your window, most CM's will override the blue mickey and wave you on. Just smile and be polite at all times!
That's what I meant - If the FP line is backed up beyond the 1st tap point.

Not 100% sure what you mean by "if you're in line", but it's with the first scan to enter the FP queue. The second is just verification that you didn't hop into the FP line from standby.
If the FP line is backed up beyond the 1st tap point.

FYI, just hit the 60 day mark and went to do my FP selections. Got about 90% of the selections/schedule I wanted. Flight of Passage was not available so it looks like we're going to have to rope drop that bad boy. We're going during a morning EMH day so hopefully it won't be a nightmare.

I used to be able to check a different park to see FP availability even though I have FP for another park. When I go into my FP to modify I only get the attractions for the park I currently have my selections for -I do not see an option to search for another park ... am I doing something am wrong or has this option been taken away?

FYI, just hit the 60 day mark and went to do my FP selections. Got about 90% of the selections/schedule I wanted. Flight of Passage was not available so it looks like we're going to have to rope drop that bad boy. We're going during a morning EMH day so hopefully it won't be a nightmare.

Same here. Fop was unavailable at 7am. I expected that being AK is our first park day. So we plan to see how the wait is during EMH.

I was able to get everything close to my planned times except for safari. We had a late breakfast scheduled at tusker so wanted a 9:30 fp. Ended up going with 5:40 as first thing after midday break. And changed our ADR to earlier so we aren't crisscrossing the park.

Same here. Fop was unavailable at 7am. I expected that being AK is our first park day. So we plan to see how the wait is during EMH.

I was able to get everything close to my planned times except for safari. We had a late breakfast scheduled at tusker so wanted a 9:30 fp. Ended up going with 5:40 as first thing after midday break. And changed our ADR to earlier so we aren't crisscrossing the park.
It's our first park day as well. I also couldn't get safari in the morning so my plan is to head over there immediately after rope dropping FoP. See you on the 21st!

I used to be able to check a different park to see FP availability even though I have FP for another park. When I go into my FP to modify I only get the attractions for the park I currently have my selections for -I do not see an option to search for another park ... am I doing something am wrong or has this option been taken away?

Post #2 in the FP FAQ Addendum covers the procedure to do this, it is unlikely anything has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter