FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If he does have his own account, use the email he used to invite him through your MDE.

I don't usually reassign tickets between 2 MDEs but if she purchased tickets through Disney, the ticket could have been linked to him if she had full permission to "share" with him.

She can check in her app. Under her Friends and Family listing, have her check to see if "Plans Managed by Me" is stated beneath his name. If it is blank, that means he has his own MDE. If the statement is there, you will need to call Disney.

In her app, it shows as plans managed by her. In my MDE his plans show as managed by me. These are not Disney purchased tickets--they were UCT tickets that she linked through her MDE.

He doesn't recall ever creating his own MDE and doesn't even know which email he would have used. :sad2: Frankly, I can't see him having an MDE. Over the years all planning has been done by me or his wife. The last trip we took two years ago, she did their planning and we did not share. The original trip we took together, three years ago, I managed all plans for both of them hence the reason they were listed in My F&F list. She just verified that his emails are not recognized and it is asking her to create an account which she will not do.

In her app, it shows as plans managed by her. In my MDE his plans show as managed by me. These are not Disney purchased tickets--they were UCT tickets that she linked through her MDE.

He doesn't recall ever creating his own MDE and doesn't even know which email he would have used. :sad2: Frankly, I can't see him having an MDE. Over the years all planning has been done by me or his wife. The last trip we took two years ago, she did their planning and we did not share. The original trip we took together, three years ago, I managed all plans for both of them hence the reason they were listed in My F&F list. She just verified that his emails are not recognized and it is asking her to create an account which she will not do.
I guess I problem-solve better in the early morning hours - it's only 5:00a-ish for me.

If she allows you to login on her MDE account, you can book FPs for the total group using her MDE.

That saves you a call to Disney because you can easily book for everyone using her MDE - as long as she is okay with you logging in.

I guess I problem-solve better in the early morning hours - it's only 5:00a-ish for me.

If she allows you to login on her MDE account, you can book FPs for the total group using her MDE.

That saves you a call to Disney because you can easily book for everyone using her MDE - as long as she is okay with you logging in.

Awesome! I will give it a test and be sure, but saving the call to Disney would be fabulous!

Awesome! I will give it a test and be sure, but saving the call to Disney would be fabulous!

Will we have to add all of the guests in my MDE to hers? While we are connected and sharing, she does not have them in her list?

Also, bit of a conundrum--he did discover an account last night, but under a different version of his name and he has nothing linked to it. I know that is a major no-no, but it somehow linked through his account with ESPN--Disney tentacles are deep.

I have never had so many issues planning before and I have been doing this since FP+ inception (for which I continue to curse Disney). One other question, why can I not delete the problem family member from my friends and family? When I attempt to remove him from the list, I get the message that I can't remove him because he has valid admission media and current plans--if that area recognizes his admission/reservation, why is he denied FP+ because he has neither? Vicious circle. . .

Will we have to add all of the guests in my MDE to hers? While we are connected and sharing, she does not have them in her list?

Also, bit of a conundrum--he did discover an account last night, but under a different version of his name and he has nothing linked to it. I know that is a major no-no, but it somehow linked through his account with ESPN--Disney tentacles are deep.

I have never had so many issues planning before and I have been doing this since FP+ inception (for which I continue to curse Disney). One other question, why can I not delete the problem family member from my friends and family? When I attempt to remove him from the list, I get the message that I can't remove him because he has valid admission media and current plans--if that area recognizes his admission/reservation, why is he denied FP+ because he has neither? Vicious circle. . .
That's the thing - you should be able to Delete him from your account because you don't Manage him. Somehow Disney's software thinks he is on your MDE.

You'd have to link everyone in your MDE to MDE#2 to book FPs for them. That's fairly easy by going to the Friends list and adding their names - it'll show them in a listing from which you'll choose.

The ESPN account could be messing it up. My old ESPNZone DLR account kicked me out of accessing a DCL reservation and I had to call to get everything merged.

Hope it works out!

That's the thing - you should be able to Delete him from your account because you don't Manage him. Somehow Disney's software thinks he is on your MDE.

You'd have to link everyone in your MDE to MDE#2 to book FPs for them. That's fairly easy by going to the Friends list and adding their names - it'll show them in a listing from which you'll choose.

The ESPN account could be messing it up. My old ESPNZone DLR account kicked me out of accessing a DCL reservation and I had to call to get everything merged.

Hope it works out!

I guess, from speaking to the other planner, he created an MDE account last night when he found the link through ESPN. While this could add another layer of problems, it certainly isn't the primary problem because we were having trouble before he created a MDE account.

In my MDE account, it does show that I "manage his plans". In the other account it shows she "manages his plans". The names are identical and I too am baffled why I am unable to delete him from MDE on my end. I can add him with his new avatar, etc. from his wife's MDE account but it still shows no admission/reservation. I hate to wait until the 60 day mark to see if he suddenly shows as having valid admission/reservations. Ugh. . .did I say how much I hate this whole MDE/FP+ system. :faint::furious:

Again, appreciate your patience and assistance.

@Tess - With him showing up as Managed on 2 accounts, you'll need to call Disney, or, link everyone on your MDE to the other MDE. When the names are are entered into the other MDE, only add them by Selecting from the window that pops up and an email gets sent to you to confirm.

It doesn't sound like that window opened for you when you added him. Anyone you add that is Managed by someone else, will be in the window that pops up as long as you are first linked to the Manager of the other MDE.

Today was FP day. We have DGDs in our room. But the APs they have are linked to the trip they took with their parents in Feb. My DD tried to link everything. Plus she could see me, but not my DH. She ended up making 4 FP plus 1 FP with an overlapping time. Didn't do everything but got some of the big rides. She had one other problem. She flying over the Atlantic and the wifi kept cutting out. I'm ready to get the anti-acid.

@Tess - With him showing up as Managed on 2 accounts, you'll need to call Disney, or, link everyone on your MDE to the other MDE. When the names are are entered into the other MDE, only add them by Selecting from the window that pops up and an email gets sent to you to confirm.

It doesn't sound like that window opened for you when you added him. Anyone you add that is Managed by someone else, will be in the window that pops up as long as you are first linked to the Manager of the other MDE.

I have always had him and his wife in my F&F list--never been removed from our other trips. I do get a pop up window to choose from followed by a processing request window with all of the Monsters Inc folks on it when I attempt to add him (again). The add is successful and I can see it (along with my old managed by me avatar). Unfortunately, that is where the disconnect occurs. FP+ still claims no admission media, valid reservation, etc. His wife did not receive any email of my add though.

When I add everyone else to her account then I will be notified of the add? If that doesn't happen then we have issues that way as well.

To avoid all this nonsense in the future, perhaps we should call Disney and get it resolved, sadly I am not confident in the ability to do so. We have 10 days to get it together!

When I add everyone else to her account then I will be notified of the add?
Yes. It's one by one so as each person is added to MDE#2, a notice gets emailed to you to confirm via your MDE.

@rteetz and I linked MDEs the other the day to research the process and other FP functions. It seems kind of tedious to confirm each person but that ensures that the MDE Managers are aware of each step.

Looking for advice. I have my Dad and Step Mom coming to meet us (Wife, myself, and 2 kids) at Epcot for 1 day during our upcoming trip, this is on a Sunday (Aug 27). I am trying to figure out best strategy for what to book them when their 30 day window opens up on Friday. We already booked our FPs at 60 days and have FEA for 11:20 AM. Prior to that we plan to just eat at Akershus - 9:35 ADR for all 6 of us. For my family's other FPs I booked SE and Nemo FP for 9-10 and 10-11 and plan to let them expire before FEA so then we are open to book whatever is available same day.

My question is what FPs do I book for the 2 Grandparents at 30 days? I am doubting that I can find an overlapping time for FEA at 30 days and I do not want to change to later in the day because of breakfast in Norway, it would make us backtrack. So far we think it is best to plan on letting the grandparents enjoy FEA with the grandkids using our magic bands. Then I was thinking our best options for the grandparents 3 FPs are to book the same AM ones to let expire. Then book them 2 for either Soarin or TT for around 1 or 2PM and hope that when FEA is used I can book same Tier 1 grandparents have already for the rest of the 4 in the group for a time that overlaps. If that sounds doable, which Tier 1 is more likely to make happen? I know TT would be better use of a FP based on avg wait times, but would Soarin give me more of a chance to get everyone a FP for overlapping timeframes since I need to make 4 of them same day at 11:20 AM? (Sorry for the long explanation, all help greatly appreciated!)

Looking for advice. I have my Dad and Step Mom coming to meet us (Wife, myself, and 2 kids) at Epcot for 1 day during our upcoming trip, this is on a Sunday (Aug 27). I am trying to figure out best strategy for what to book them when their 30 day window opens up on Friday. We already booked our FPs at 60 days and have FEA for 11:20 AM. Prior to that we plan to just eat at Akershus - 9:35 ADR for all 6 of us. For my family's other FPs I booked SE and Nemo FP for 9-10 and 10-11 and plan to let them expire before FEA so then we are open to book whatever is available same day.

My question is what FPs do I book for the 2 Grandparents at 30 days? I am doubting that I can find an overlapping time for FEA at 30 days and I do not want to change to later in the day because of breakfast in Norway, it would make us backtrack. So far we think it is best to plan on letting the grandparents enjoy FEA with the grandkids using our magic bands. Then I was thinking our best options for the grandparents 3 FPs are to book the same AM ones to let expire. Then book them 2 for either Soarin or TT for around 1 or 2PM and hope that when FEA is used I can book same Tier 1 grandparents have already for the rest of the 4 in the group for a time that overlaps. If that sounds doable, which Tier 1 is more likely to make happen? I know TT would be better use of a FP based on avg wait times, but would Soarin give me more of a chance to get everyone a FP for overlapping timeframes since I need to make 4 of them same day at 11:20 AM? (Sorry for the long explanation, all help greatly appreciated!)
If their MDE is linked to yours, you can go to your FPs now and "Change Party" to try to add them to yours. The system will add them if there is room.

If there isn't room, the system will give you an alternate time where your complete Party will have the same FP if there is availability.

If their MDE is linked to yours, you can go to your FPs now and "Change Party" to try to add them to yours. The system will add them if there is room.

If there isn't room, the system will give you an alternate time where your complete Party will have the same FP if there is availability.

Thanks for your quick response. I tried what you proposed and I did find availability around 4PM or after, but I think that is too late to make work. It is not a priority for us to all ride FEA together, wife and I have been on a few times plus we have another 4 FPs for it on another Epcot day when I will be with just wife and kids. Trying to figure out how else to possibly make use of the grandparent's Tier 1s. I am leaning towards just booking them for Soarin and seeing how it goes after FEA, if anything is available same day for entire party.

Yes. It's one by one so as each person is added to MDE#2, a notice gets emailed to you to confirm via your MDE.

@rteetz and I linked MDEs the other the day to research the process and other FP functions. It seems kind of tedious to confirm each person but that ensures that the MDE Managers are aware of each step.

Broke down and called Disney last night. It was actually pretty painless. They removed the old list I had for the problem family member and linked from the current account. Took about 10 minutes and I was able to do a test FP+ for last night. We would have needed a "really fast car. . ." to hit Dumbo at 10:15 p.m., but it worked! Relief! Thanks for all the advice.

It may be worth @mesaboy2 adding a note in post #10 that for those trying to make FPs with their MNSSHP tickets, they should do those LAST. Otherwise, the system seems to assume they're using a regular ticket for that FP, and will not allow them to make FP's for their last day.

For example, this happened to me this morning. I have a 5-day base tickets, plus a MNSSHP ticket. I am not using a regular ticket for entry the day of the party (which is in the middle of our trip), so I would have 6 days of FP. I initially made them somewhat in order of days, but then when I got to the last day of my trip the system would not allow me to book a FP for that day. I had to go back, cancel my FP for the party day, and then book for the last day. At that point, the system would then allow me to go back and make a FP for the party day.

Luckily, I had happened to read on this thread and somewhere in the MNSSHP thread about this issue, so I knew to cancel the party day FP. I think it would be good to have something up in the FAQ though for other folks in the same boat.

Questions regarding AK FP. There are 4 of us and here is how I envision my FP plan for that park. First - get FOP for DH/stepD. Then get a family FP for KS. Then get EE for DH/stepD and KRR for DD/myself (although DH/stepD will use our MB for this FP). That leaves DD/me with one more FP. Should we just use it on the LK show (and go without DH/stepD) or could we not book a 3rd FP and wait until the day off (after all other FP have been used) to try to book an NRJ FP for the whole family? Would this work since DD/I wouldn't have yet booked a Tier 1 AK FP for ourselves? Is it better to book a 3rd FP for DD/me even though we might not use it, but book it early so that it expires and we can get our NRJ FP sooner?

One last ? about FP - can I book a FP for as soon as the park opens even if we don't arrive at the park until later - just to let it expire and get it out of the way?

Sigh, I think I book FP in like a week for our trip and I've only got one park figured out, lol.

Questions regarding AK FP. There are 4 of us and here is how I envision my FP plan for that park. First - get FOP for DH/stepD. Then get a family FP for KS. Then get EE for DH/stepD and KRR for DD/myself (although DH/stepD will use our MB for this FP). That leaves DD/me with one more FP. Should we just use it on the LK show (and go without DH/stepD) or could we not book a 3rd FP and wait until the day off (after all other FP have been used) to try to book an NRJ FP for the whole family? Would this work since DD/I wouldn't have yet booked a Tier 1 AK FP for ourselves? Is it better to book a 3rd FP for DD/me even though we might not use it, but book it early so that it expires and we can get our NRJ FP sooner?

One last ? about FP - can I book a FP for as soon as the park opens even if we don't arrive at the park until later - just to let it expire and get it out of the way?

Sigh, I think I book FP in like a week for our trip and I've only got one park figured out, lol.
The easiest thing to do is book FoP for all 4 of you so the other 2 can ride it twice.

Then for your 4th FP of the day, Search for NRJ for your complete group.

There's no reason to waste a Tier 1 FP and you don't need a FP for FOLK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!