FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I make fp selections for the offsite stay at this point or do I have to wait until I hit 30 days?
For your offsite days, you’ll benefit from your 60-day FP booking window rolling forward each day.

60 days before each offsite park day you can book FPs for that specific day.

See the Split Stay section at the beginning of this thread. :)

We usually do two days of FPs at Epcot so I can at least count on getting two of the Tier 1 FPs. This year though, we are going to try to do one loooong day there and get two days of FPs at AK so we can get one for each of the Pandora rides. Anyway, that means that I'm more interested than ever in trying to grab those 4th (and maybe even 5th!) FPs for the other two big rides. I'm going with FEA in advance, then prioritizing TT then Soarin.

We are not rope droppers (and yes I KNOW that it is the most wonderful miraculous thing since they invented Christmas but I am not up to having that battle with my family on vacation, so we will continue to be one of the reasons that it is so great for everybody else. You're welcome! And I envy you!). I was thinking about booking a 9:00, a 10:00, and an 11:00 and just skipping the 9:00 completely and letting it expire then doing the 10:00 at Spaceship Earth and the 11:00 at FEA and then start looking for those elusive TT or Soarin FPs immediately after we scan our bands at Frozen.

So, now to an actual question! Will this work? I was reading on the top pages that it would but then there was a mention of the system letting you rebook any "missed" FPs after the window had closed. And that's not what I want because I want to start trying for more Tier 1s. I want that 9:00am FP for Mission Space or whatever to just go away but nobody will be there to walk over and scan the bands. Am I maybe misreading that? I do know that cancelling it would not work. I'm sure there are a million posts that ask this but I couldn't find one that answered it explicitly. Thanks in advance!

Do I need to schedule all 3 Fastpasses before I enter, or can I check throughout the day to see if anything becomes available. Example: I have FP for Na’vi, Safari, and EE but would rather have one for FOP. Can I cancel Na’vi and check throughout day that we’re in park to see if any come available for FOP?

Do I need to schedule all 3 Fastpasses before I enter, or can I check throughout the day to see if anything becomes available. Example: I have FP for Na’vi, Safari, and EE but would rather have one for FOP. Can I cancel Na’vi and check throughout day that we’re in park to see if any come available for FOP?
It’s easier to go to the Na’vi FP and Modify it to look for FoP. That way you don’t lose it if FoP isn’t available.

It’s easier to go to the Na’vi FP and Modify it to look for FoP. That way you don’t lose it if FoP isn’t available.
Honestly, I’d rather lose the Na’vi one, my Na’vi one is in the morning and then I’d have to wait until I’ve used the rest to try and get FOP. I just wanted to make sure that it’s possible to select the third one the day you’re in the park.

Honestly, I’d rather lose the Na’vi one, my Na’vi one is in the morning and then I’d have to wait until I’ve used the rest to try and get FOP. I just wanted to make sure that it’s possible to select the third one the day you’re in the park.
Yes, and if you want a better open time, Cancel all 3 for the best chance of FoP popping up.

Check late each night or really early in the morning to see if Disney has dropped canceled FoP FPs back into the system.

I know this is ill advised, but has anyone ever not booked FP+? I have a 9 day stay coming up in the Spring and a few family members have always stated in the past they don't want to be scheduled on their vacation, meaning they don't want to be told where they're going each day based on FP. Is it a terrible idea to not do them, or just do one or two of the big ones? If I booked just one per day what happens to same day FP, can I still book them? (if anything is available..)

All of this being said I'm still booking them for myself even if its just me because I know there is stuff I don't want to miss.

Thanks!

I know this is ill advised, but has anyone ever not booked FP+? I have a 9 day stay coming up in the Spring and a few family members have always stated in the past they don't want to be scheduled on their vacation, meaning they don't want to be told where they're going each day based on FP. Is it a terrible idea to not do them, or just do one or two of the big ones? If I booked just one per day what happens to same day FP, can I still book them? (if anything is available..)

All of this being said I'm still booking them for myself even if its just me because I know there is stuff I don't want to miss.

Thanks!
If you’re booking for yourself anyway, book for everyone else. The others don’t have to join you in using their FPs but at least the FPs are there.

FPs can be Modified or Canceled ‘day of’ and others booked in their place.

Thanks so much for this FAQ - I haven't been to WDW in 4+ years so the FP system is a bit confusing.

My family and I are going to WDW in December and have reservations at the Boardwalk. We're planning to get tickets when we arrive.

Since we're staying at a WDW hotel, but don't have the tickets yet, can we start booking FPs? Or do we have to wait until we actually purchase the tix? We already have accounts set up in the MyDisneyExperienceApp. Can I get by with just using the hotel confirmation number to book FPs?

Thanks for any help.

Since we're staying at a WDW hotel, but don't have the tickets yet, can we start booking FPs?
You must have your tickets linked to your MDE Profiles to be able to book FPs.

Without tickets, to MDE, your family looks like a group of people staying at a hotel with no plans to enter a park.

I realize the answers to these questions are likely in this topic, but I'm not wanting to search through pages and pages for the answers.

Are the FP+ times on the hour or on the half hour? And if a park opens at 9am, when is the first FP+ available?

Last edited:
I realize the answers to these questions are likely in this topic, but I'm not wanting to search through pages and pages for the answers.

Are the FP+ times on the hour or on the half hour? And if a park opens at 9am, when is the first FP+ available?

FPs are offered in 5-minute increments and are available for all of normal park hours in almost all cases.

The second paragraph of Post #1 points out, even emphasizes, how it is not necessary to read through pages and pages to find answers to most questions.

Depends on the attraction, but most are at 5 minute increments throughout the day. And they typically start the first FP+ slots with the regular park open time.

So if we rope dropped Na'vi River Journey and FP+ Flight of Passage, we could try to make that booking for 9:30-10:30am? How long do you think the FP+ line wait time would be at rope drop for Flight of Passage?

We are going the first week of February, so hopefully crowds will be managable.

- It is rare for any FP wait at any normally-operating attraction to exceed 15-20 minutes. This includes the most popular or lowest capacity attractions such as Avatar Flight of Passage or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Whoops! I should post this in the Strategies thread instead.

One last question. How does this plan look like, assuming we can get our FP+ for similar times:

9:00-9:20am – RD: Na’vi River Journey
9:30-10:30am – FP #1: Flight of Passage
10:45am – Head to Dinoland
11:00-12:00pm – FP #2: Dinosaur, then get in line for Nemo
12:00pm – Finding Nemo (40 mins.) (11, 12, 1, 3, 4pm)
1:00pm – Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ
1:30pm – Head to Africa, Visit Tree of Life
1:00-2:00pm – FP #3: Kilimanjaro Safari (22 mins.)
3:30pm – Get in line for Lion King
4:00pm – Festival of the Lion King (30 mins.) (10am-6pm, on the hour)
4:30pm – Head to Asia (start at the end, work way back)
4:45-6:00pm – Expedition Everest, Jungle Trek, Flights of Wonder)
6:00pm – Dinner at Yak & Yeti Local Food Café
6:30pm – Tree Awakening (every 10 mins.)
6:45pm – Back to Pandora (visit at night) - DO WE NEED MORE TIME THEN 45 MINS. AT NIGHT?
7:30pm – Oasis Exhibits
8:00pm – Park Closes

I was looking at dropping Rivers of Light as I hear the seating is crappy for standby and you have to get in line very early. And finally, I read the show wasn't really worth all the effort.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Do you recommend FP+ for Indiana Jones Stunt Show while marathon weekend ? Its my first visit. I visited Disneyland in france very often so i want to see every attraction i cannot see at Disneyland Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!