FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't visited WDW in a few years, and this morning at 4:00 AM Pacific was our window to try booking FP+. Has it been a common occurrence for the entire system to get bogged down and for it to say from 4:02-4:46 that all FP distribution was concluded at all parks, or give error messages, or the page where Olaf's head is not attached to his body? This was extremely frustrating. I ended up staying up for 2 hours to get random FPs on days that I didn't necessarily want to be in that particular park, for attractions that I didn't actually want for the times they were available. Is this pretty normal for holiday (Thanksgiving) weeks?

Is anyone else having problems with fast passes? We are here now and I added fp for 5 at the 60 day mark Today MDE is only showing up for 2. Also, I wanted to add more fast passes and when I open up fast passes on the iPhone it says, “please try again Sorry there is a problem, loading the requested information. “. Any suggestions how to correct the numbers and how I can add more Thanks

We haven't visited WDW in a few years, and this morning at 4:00 AM Pacific was our window to try booking FP+. Has it been a common occurrence for the entire system to get bogged down and for it to say from 4:02-4:46 that all FP distribution was concluded at all parks, or give error messages, or the page where Olaf's head is not attached to his body? This was extremely frustrating. I ended up staying up for 2 hours to get random FPs on days that I didn't necessarily want to be in that particular park, for attractions that I didn't actually want for the times they were available. Is this pretty normal for holiday (Thanksgiving) weeks?

MDE has been experiencing system wide issues for about a week. All I can recommend is to keep trying. And the website seems to be working better than the app.

Quick question, I just want to make sure I have the most up to date info, as I feel like the rules have changed recently

I’ve got a member of my party that might leave the park early. Can she leave us her band to use a FP that we haven’t done yet?

It was my understanding that as long as the ticket or band was used for entry at the park, the FPs could be used. Is that still the case?

Since both of your stays are onsite, the 7 day limit does not apply.

Your friends should be just fine as they’ll have sufficient ticket media for the # of days they want to book.

So it did work just as we hoped for our friends, but it did enforce the 7 day limit on us, so we could not book FP for the last 2 days of our November stay. Not sure if this is due to the "system problems" that they've been having or if it is supposed to work this way. I'll keep trying just in case it is a system problem and it gets fixed. If not, we'll just add them on a rolling basis as we use in October and get what we get.

So it did work just as we hoped for our friends, but it did enforce the 7 day limit on us, so we could not book FP for the last 2 days of our November stay. Not sure if this is due to the "system problems" that they've been having or if it is supposed to work this way. I'll keep trying just in case it is a system problem and it gets fixed. If not, we'll just add them on a rolling basis as we use in October and get what we get.
It’s not supposed to work that way, so I’d give IT a call.

I wasn’t sure how to word this question briefly in order to search for an answer.

We are headed to Disney for the first time, arriving on 12/8. Our plan is to go straight to Epcot. We will take our time just exploring world showcase then watching illuminations.

I plan to get FP for frozen around 1pm. Would it make sense to sign up for two random tier 2 rides for the morning (before we even get there), so that after frozen we can get illuminations FP?

I am so confused. I know that I booked FPs 5 years ago, why does it seem so different now?
Could someone tell me exactly what I should be seeing, and where, to ensure that I am all set to make FP+s next week?

We are simply a party of two......and under "Create a FastPass+ Party" in MDX, we are both check marked, then I continue to see the "NOT SO FAST" page. We both have tickets booked, but when I click on Link, it says we are already linked.
Is this all correct? Do I need to do anything else before FP+ day?

I am so confused. I know that I booked FPs 5 years ago, why does it seem so different now?
Could someone tell me exactly what I should be seeing, and where, to ensure that I am all set to make FP+s next week?

We are simply a party of two......and under "Create a FastPass+ Party" in MDX, we are both check marked, then I continue to see the "NOT SO FAST" page. We both have tickets booked, but when I click on Link, it says we are already linked.
Is this all correct? Do I need to do anything else before FP+ day?
If you booked a package - room + tickets - you’ll be able to book your FPs when your FP booking window opens at exactly 7:00a ET 60 days before check-in.

You can’t practice booking anything when you have a linked package.

If you booked a package - room + tickets - you’ll be able to book your FPs when your FP booking window opens at exactly 7:00a ET 60 days before check-in.

You can’t practice booking anything when you have a linked package.

I didn't want to practice booking.Just want to make sure I am all set to book when I can ;-)

My FP day was today and I was on my computer, ipad, and phone at just before 7am. Made the FPs on my computer, mostly because it was easier for me to see and navigate :), but kept checking on my iPad to see if they were appearing there also. Everything went smoothly, not one headless Olaf, not one error message. Yay! As far as what I got, this is a short trip during Thanksgiving week with just me and my adult daughter, and we decided ahead of time to skip SDD and FoP this visit. We will save all coasters for when our spouses go with us on our next trip in a few years. Just wanted to report that the IT problems appear to be fixed, for now, at least until the next " improvement!"

Trying to figure out when I will be able to book FP for my entire group. Here’s the scenario.

1 Night- 1br villa (3 people-my parents will be staying but I’m included on the reservation so I have access to all our planning)

3 Nights- 2 rooms (7 people- parents plus my family of 5)

4 Nights- 2br villa (7 people)

My question is whether I can book FPs for my entire family (all 7) when the first stay’s booking window opens or if I need to wait the extra day until we are all listed on a reservation. (Everyone is “friends and family” in MDE)

Someone else asked a similar question in another thread but the answers were conflicting.

My question is whether I can book FPs for my entire family (all 7) when the first stay’s booking window opens or if I need to wait the extra day until we are all listed on a reservation. (Everyone is “friends and family” in MDE)
The answer is dependent upon whether or not any later arrivals have booked packages rather than separate tickets and room-only.

The type of rooms aren’t of concern - it’s the manner in which everyone has tickets.

The answer is dependent upon whether or not any later arrivals have booked packages rather than separate tickets and room-only.

The type of rooms aren’t of concern - it’s the manner in which everyone has tickets.

We will be buying tickets separately. My parents are likely renewing their APs.

The rooms were all booked with their DVC points.

We will be buying tickets separately. My parents are likely renewing their APs.

The rooms were all booked with their DVC points.
Then FPs can be booked for the complete group when the initial window opens. This info has never changed when separately linked tickets are involved.

We have a room booked for 11/24 at an all star(getting in late and just need beds to sleep) and then 11/25-30 at OKW. I can book FP+ from 60 days out from 11/24, correct? Tickets are attached to the 11/24 reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!