FastPass+ Question - Letting FastPasses Expire

Kevin1281

Mouseketeer
I think I know the answer to this, but want to be sure before our FastPass booking day arrives.

If you just let a FastPass expire, without tapping in, will it read in the system as being used when the time comes to book a 4th/5th/6th FastPass?

We will be a group of 7. When it comes to some of the thrill rides, only part of our group will be riding. The non-riding part of the group (grandmom, grandpop, toddler) will likely be more content just relaxing, rather than using a non-thrill ride FastPass elsewhere. I will still book a FastPass for them for something, but there is a chance that they won't even use it.

Sometimes.
A much more reliable way to "not use" a FP is to simply Scan it at the attraction but simply not ride the attraction.
(Borrow that guests MagicBand and scan it at the attraction's FP reader.)

Hummmm...I guess I didn't know the answer.

A much more reliable way to "not use" a FP is to simply Scan it at the attraction but simply not ride the attraction.

Gotcha. Thank you.

I once let FPs expire and they never "cleared" - I had to go to guest relations to get more. Since then, we always tap in no matter what.

When we were at Epcot back in November we let our first two FPs, both Tier 2, expire. After we used our Frozen FP I went to book us a 4th, but it wouldn’t let me. I ended up having to choose two Tier 2 FP again. I would definitely advise against just letting a FP expire and hoping the system counts it as used.

I once let FPs expire and they never "cleared" - I had to go to guest relations to get more. Since then, we always tap in no matter what.
This happened to me, the expired ones “stuck” and we weren’t able to make any further FPs without going to GS to get it fixed. We didn’t want to take the time, it wasn’t imperative to the day, so we didn’t get any rolling FPs. Since then we always take any bands of people who aren’t riding and tap them in, or just go to the ride and tap in but don’t ride. That sounds crazy inconvenient, but sometimes it isn’t,
Like tapping into LWTL after Soarin, or IASW on the way to , etc.. or if we know they aren’t riding I have had luck cancelling just those people’s FPs as the rest of us walk to the ride.

If they expired, but are still showing up: you can cancel or modify them.

I do agree that tapping them out is preferred. Plus, you get to interact with helpful CMs who think you are mad for wanting to tap out FPs.

Technically it should work but very often it doesn't work that way.
Its always best to tap in and walk away if you don't want to actually do the attraction.

Amazing that this is still a problem, you'd think they would have fixed this by now. First encountered this problem back in Dec '15 at HS, thankfully a CM who was by the machine fixed it easily. Hasn't happened again but we've tried to avoid them expiring

Amazing that this is still a problem, you'd think they would have fixed this by now. First encountered this problem back in Dec '15 at HS, thankfully a CM who was by the machine fixed it easily. Hasn't happened again but we've tried to avoid them expiring
Really? You think that highly.of Disney IT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter