Fastpasses for MFSR now available? [Yes, Starting 2/19+]

I highly doubt that. They will want some time to see how it is running before adding FP. I do think it will be added to tier 1 when they do FP, but i don't think that will be immediately on opening.
The uniqueness about RotR is that it didn't do well in stress testing, they have been testing the ride for about a year and still it doesn't operate anywhere close to capacity which is why it opened with BG only.
IF MMRR is testing properly they can just open with standby or standby/fp
No one really knows (other than people working the attraction now) how it's doing
Remember the only attractions that have opened without a fp have been MFSR and RotR.

So am thinking that once MMRR opens, the masses will congregate there while waiting for thei newly minted FPs and/or Boarding groups? Frankly, MMRR is the one ride I cannot wait to go on with my littles.

You already have a large advantage vs. locals and offsite guests. Those people will have a lot of trouble getting tier one FPs 30 days out going forward.

Well paying the premium to stay on site should afford one such advantage. But in this case Disney screwed those on site guests staying 2-19 to 2-22. If they were going to roll it out like this, they should have at least started a day 31 days in the future

Well paying the premium to stay on site should afford one such advantage. But in this case Disney screwed those on site guests staying 2-19 to 2-22. If they were going to roll it out like this, they should have at least started a day 31 days in the future
So I'm picturing what the website would look like if they gave a 31 day notice on a change like this. LOL It was crazy enough once the word started getting out. Some people were going to get "short changed" so to speak regardless of when they made the change. The best tactic is to be vigilant about any changes that occur and be ready to make adjustments.

Well, I'm going in March, and this worked out perfect! Actually got MFSR on the first day we are going to Hollywood Studios.

I'm wondering if they are going to throw out FP for Runaway Railway? I would assume not right off the bat with the opening. We will be there 9 days after it opens.

Well, I'm going in March, and this worked out perfect!
Same for us. In the grand scheme of things, I would admit that not having FP+ for MFSR was probably a good thing for generally short waits being the norm. But given the fact that they added FP, the new reality is that it's better to have one than to wait in standby, which is predicted to be much longer because of FP having priority. Plus, I was able to trade a "throwaway" Beauty & the Beast FP for MFSR. IMO that's a much better use of a FP.

Today was FP day for me and I was able to get fastpasses for both our HS days. One is later than I wanted and I am hoping to modify that, but at least I got something.

This morning was FP day for me, party of 4. Day 2 of my trip (3/31), MFSR FP for the last hour (7:05 pm- 8:05 pm) snagged at 7:00 am Eastern and none avail by 7:01.

I know none was avail quickly after that because I immediately tried to modify to an earlier time and it said no choices at any time avail for modification.

YMMV for a party of less than 4.

Day 3, April 1, first avail MFSR FP was 5:45PM. (After checking, I actually snagged FOP for that day; not being greedy).

Last edited:
Once FP+ is up and running, how long do you estimate the wait will be for MFSR with a FP? We luckily scored a FP for 12:25 to 1:25, but it conflicts with our Oga's ADR for 12:45 (smack dab in the middle of the hour window). Trying to figure out the best strategy. Been trying to move Oga's but so far no luck.

Once FP+ is up and running, how long do you estimate the wait will be for MFSR with a FP? We luckily scored a FP for 12:25 to 1:25, but it conflicts with our Oga's ADR for 12:45 (smack dab in the middle of the hour window). Trying to figure out the best strategy. Been trying to move Oga's but so far no luck.
it'll be the same as any other fp attraction, anywhere from a walk on to about 15 min wait before the pre show. Remember you can enter 5 min before. that will give you 25 minutes before your ADR, you can be a bit late for that, so no worries

Has anyone got a FP prior to 10:30am for this ride?

Update: 9:30am fast passes now available for new March 8am opening dates

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to just snag a FP for MFSR, couldn't believe it but it just showed up (and then literally one opened five minutes prior to the one I booked funny enough). I'm curious though, and I know this might not really be answerable until the FP line opens, but do you think there's a chance being in FP line is a better chance of getting pilot or do you think you could still end up as engineer even though you're not a single rider? Cause I mean technically I find FP often you end up that "filler" person when you're on your own, but same time given you were lucky enough to get one of the FP it seems like it'd be sort of wonky to get stuck as engineer.

Again, I know we won't really know until FP opens but just wondering if anyone's heard anything.

I was lucky enough to just snag a FP for MFSR, couldn't believe it but it just showed up (and then literally one opened five minutes prior to the one I booked funny enough). I'm curious though, and I know this might not really be answerable until the FP line opens, but do you think there's a chance being in FP line is a better chance of getting pilot or do you think you could still end up as engineer even though you're not a single rider? Cause I mean technically I find FP often you end up that "filler" person when you're on your own, but same time given you were lucky enough to get one of the FP it seems like it'd be sort of wonky to get stuck as engineer.

Again, I know we won't really know until FP opens but just wondering if anyone's heard anything.
We do know. The fp merges with the standby before the pre show. After that you go into the jetway so you have no better advantage of any position, but if you really want to be pilot you can just ask the cm giving out the assignments

We do know. The fp merges with the standby before the pre show. After that you go into the jetway so you have no better advantage of any position, but if you really want to be pilot you can just ask the cm giving out the assignments
Great. I’ve been engineer before so I just would really like to try pilot (though if I end up gunner that’d be ok too). Thanks yulilin!

Has there been any availability for SR (or MMRR) at 60 or 61 days? Our 60/61 days window opens tomorrow, a special one night celebration splurge. I've checked the touringplans website but it hasn't updated since around midnight, which isn't very helpful since people made fp's at 7am this morning. :)

Has there been any availability for SR (or MMRR) at 60 or 61 days? Our 60/61 days window opens tomorrow, a special one night celebration splurge. I've checked the touringplans website but it hasn't updated since around midnight, which isn't very helpful since people made fp's at 7am this morning. :)

I tried on Saturday for 60+1 and no Tier 1 for HS was available. Even FoP at 60+2 was super limited. Never know but seems pretty unlikely. I thought the addition of MMRR would help open things up but no such luck.

I tried on Saturday for 60+1 and no Tier 1 for HS was available. Even FoP at 60+2 was super limited. Never know but seems pretty unlikely. I thought the addition of MMRR would help open things up but no such luck.

Thanks. The new tiers at HS are worse than the current one with all rides but ST as a 1, which I didn’t think was possible. Trying to decide what order to do things in tomorrow for fp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!