Fastpasses from vacation package

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
When you book a vacation package on the official Tokyo Disney website, I saw you get extra Fastpasses. If you get 8 Fastpasses by doing that, does each person get 8 Fastpasses or is it 8 Fastpasses total for everyone and everyone has to use it at the same time? For example, if there were 2 people who both got the vacation package and got 8 Fastpasses with it, could one person technically use a Fastpass 16 times and the other person not use any? Or would it be 8 Fastpasses that each say “valid for 2 people” but you can only use it once? I hope that makes sense.

If the package details say, for example:

FastPass Type A (1)
FastPass Type D (3)

Each person on the booking will receive (1) Type A and (3) Type D. One person can use them all.

There are no restrictions other than that you can't use Type D on Toy Story or Nemo. (Type B & Type C were in use years ago, with different restrictions. They are now defunct.)

Do you happen to know if there is any way to book more than 2 nights with this package? The website only shows 1 or 2 nights, and I'm interested in going to the parks for, like, 4 days.

Do you happen to know if there is any way to book more than 2 nights with this package? The website only shows 1 or 2 nights, and I'm interested in going to the parks for, like, 4 days.
The maximum length of stay for a package is two nights. You can book additional nights separately.

What is the general consensus on whether the package is worthwhile? It seems like the pricing is quite a bit higher for a package compared to room & tickets purchased separately. Is the upcharge worth it to get the Fastpasses and other minor perks? If it matters, we'd be going at a low-to-moderate crowd season, in late May or early June, and are planning 3 days in the parks.

What is the general consensus on whether the package is worthwhile? It seems like the pricing is quite a bit higher for a package compared to room & tickets purchased separately. Is the upcharge worth it to get the Fastpasses and other minor perks? If it matters, we'd be going at a low-to-moderate crowd season, in late May or early June, and are planning 3 days in the parks.

We are planning on staying at MiraCosta and I have been wrestling with the question of package, vs separate purchase. My understanding is that you can book the packages earlies than the separate rooms. Since the MiraCosta sells out quickly, this would be an advantage for us along with the included FPs.

I would say it isn't worth it for the time you're going. You will have Happy 15 & a PH on your third day so you shouldn't need the bonus FP that will cost you 2x the room rate.

We are planning on staying at MiraCosta and I have been wrestling with the question of package, vs separate purchase. My understanding is that you can book the packages earlies than the separate rooms. Since the MiraCosta sells out quickly, this would be an advantage for us along with the included FPs.
You can book packages at 6 months versus room-only at 5 months, but the entire hotel won't be sold out at 5 months & you can't book the high-demand Harbor View rooms in a package if you live overseas. When are you going?

You can book packages at 6 months versus room-only at 5 months, but the entire hotel won't be sold out at 5 months & you can't book the high-demand Harbor View rooms in a package if you live overseas. When are you going?

We will be arriving mid-April. I had heard that the hotel does virtually sell-out within hours of the reservations opening at the 5 month mark. We have not decided which category room we wanted yet. Are all other types of rooms available in the packages?

I would say it isn't worth it for the time you're going. You will have Happy 15 & a PH on your third day so you shouldn't need the bonus FP that will cost you 2x the room rate.

That's what I was hoping for, that it wouldn't be so crowded on weekdays at that time of year that the FPs would be essential. As cute as the little extras are, they really didn't seem worth the cost.

We will be arriving mid-April. I had heard that the hotel does virtually sell-out within hours of the reservations opening at the 5 month mark. We have not decided which category room we wanted yet. Are all other types of rooms available in the packages?
That can be true. It's a good idea to book as early as you can but visiting in mid-April shouldn't put you in one of the "all the rooms in the entire hotel are gone in five minutes!" situations. You should be able to comfortably book at 5 months out without needing to resort to a package just to secure accommodations.

These are all the rooms available in the hotel: http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/dhm/room/index.html

Overseas packages can only book:

[Tuscany Side]
Capitano Mickey Superior Room

[Venice Side]
Superior Room
Triple Room

[Porto Paradiso Side]
Superior Room Piazza View

Domestic packages can book any room type but they don't release every single room for package bookings. At 5 months out, both domestic & overseas visitors are shown the same pool of rooms when reservations open. So, if the room type you want is not on that limited list, that would be your opportunity to try for it.

MKTokyo,
Thanks for the information. I've been trying to compare prices using fake bookings, but there are some types of rooms sold out so its been difficult, I just keep plugging in dates for packages, then regular rooms. Luckily I have time.

MKTokyo,
Thanks for the information. I've been trying to compare prices using fake bookings, but there are some types of rooms sold out so its been difficult, I just keep plugging in dates for packages, then regular rooms. Luckily I have time.
http://www.disneyhotels.jp/dhm/room/

The prices listed here are the absolute lowest prices for each room type until 3/31/19. So, you have to expect to pay more, but what this list can do is give you an idea of where the room prices fall in relation to one another, if you've managed to get a few accurate prices on some room types. Sorry to send you a price list in JPY but it doesn't exist in USD.

MK Tokyo,
That is very helpful!
I spent a bit of time today figuring out which room (in Japanese) corresponded with the English room list. Even Google Translate couldn't convert the page, lol!
I then converted the JPY to USD, so I now have a rough idea of which rooms we are interested in, based on location and cost. Now I am on a mission to compare the package prices.
Thanks again for the valuable information.

Last edited:
FWIW, my sixth month window opened and I booked a package at MiraCosta. After following the reservations with dummy dates for the past few weeks I was not comfortable taking my chances on a hotel-only reservation. Part of the problem may be that our stay is Friday-Saturday, and the Saturday rooms were virtually gone (other than suites). We do not have flexibility in our schedule as it is post-cruise. I do plan to check for a "room only" at the 5 month mark (no cancellation penalties at that point), but after some discussion, we may just keep the package.
To get back to the topic of FPs. Do we need to book the actual experiences like WDW, or is it just walk-up?

FWIW, my sixth month window opened and I booked a package at MiraCosta. After following the reservations with dummy dates for the past few weeks I was not comfortable taking my chances on a hotel-only reservation. Part of the problem may be that our stay is Friday-Saturday, and the Saturday rooms were virtually gone (other than suites). We do not have flexibility in our schedule as it is post-cruise. I do plan to check for a "room only" at the 5 month mark (no cancellation penalties at that point), but after some discussion, we may just keep the package.
To get back to the topic of FPs. Do we need to book the actual experiences like WDW, or is it just walk-up?
TDL doesn't use electronic FPs at all. You'll be given paper FPs at the hotel when you check in.

TDL doesn't use electronic FPs at all. You'll be given paper FPs at the hotel when you check in.

Thanks!
So, if I am understanding correctly, you just use them at any attraction you choose? No need to pre-select?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter