Favorite Attraction from Childhood

fromscratchmom

DIS Veteran
I know many others have fond memories of early Disney trips and I know I'm not the only one who has gotten a bit sad at times when Disney has forever closed a classic. I now want to travel to both Anaheim and Disneyland Paris just to get to ride their versions of certain rides. What's your favorite from your early trips still open or now closed?! :smickey:

Last edited:

Mr. Toad, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and the Skyway ride between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. All gone. And Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, still there. Oh, and the Peoplemover!

I was pretty young, maybe 9 when we first went to WDW, but I have very strong sensory memories of 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I also remember waiting in a much longer line for it than I would ever do now in the age of the Fastpass! The hitchhikers scene in Haunted Mansion also always stuck with me.

On my first trip I was about 9 and I was a little space cadet, so my favorites were Space Mountain and Horizons. Actually, I'd say I liked Epcot a little better overall because of all the "future-y" stuff. I was amazed by Haunted Mansion too and 20,000 Leagues was cool too, as was The Living Seas because I loved ocean themed sci-fi (sea-fi) too.

On my second trip, at about 14 years old, I loved Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, and those are still my favorites. 20,000 Leagues was still there and I loved it too. I was, and continue to be quite enamored with The Little Mermaid show that was at the then brand-new MGM Studios.

Today, it's Haunted Mansion with a bullet. I still love Space Mountain too and anything future themed or retro-future themed. I actually love Mission: SPACE because of all the switches, and I greatly miss 20,000 Leagues and The Living Seas (Nemo's just not the same, but I still love the SeaBase). Pirates of the Caribbean is also a favorite today, but it wasn't when I was a kid.

My first trip was in college. Peter Pan, Figment, Indy, Jungle Cruise, Muppets3D and the MK mountain coasters stand out in my memory.

I was pretty young, maybe 9 when we first went to WDW, but I have very strong sensory memories of 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. I also remember waiting in a much longer line for it than I would ever do now in the age of the Fastpass! The hitchhikers scene in Haunted Mansion also always stuck with me.
Almost exactly ditto this! Plus Mr. Toad :)

I love seeing all the ones I wasn't thinking of as well as how many people have love and miss the ones I love and miss. I want some of them to come back! Mr Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues come to mind for that for sure.

For that matter I want new Jules Verne movies. And I can imagine a new Wind In The Willows as well. Not that movie makers are likely to see the visions in my head exactly... :sail::fish::artist:

First (and only) childhood trip was DLR when I was 9. I think 20K and PP were my favorites from that trip. Current favorites are HM and TOT, but Peter Pan is still a biggie for me :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter