Favorite Best-Kept Secrets in WDW!

Hands down "Yehaa Bob" show at Port Orleans Riverside is the best kept secret
Totally totally agree, that man is the awesomest! (And if that ain't a word it should be!) . He is absolutely brilliant! He is the best one man entertainer I have ever seen! (And I've been around the block more than once). I tell everyone to see him then quiz them when they return, only to hear, "Oh, we didn't make it over there!". If only everyone knew what they were missing!

Totally totally agree, that man is the awesomest! (And if that ain't a word it should be!) . He is absolutely brilliant! He is the best one man entertainer I have ever seen! (And I've been around the block more than once). I tell everyone to see him then quiz them when they return, only to hear, "Oh, we didn't make it over there!". If only everyone knew what they were missing!

When does he perform?

My favorite is the second floor of the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square. Sitting above the breezeway and watching the Haunted Mansion queue is one of my favorite ways to take a mid-afternoon break. Air-conditioning, seating, and people-watching - everything needed for a good break.

I love it up there, too!! I just wish they wouldn't close the upstairs so early, I love sitting up there at night for dinner, but the past few times I've gone, it's been roped off :(

I love these threads ! Another vote for the rocking chairs that face BTRR on Tom Sawyers Island! Such fun to watch the ride from there. Thanks for the hint to watch Wishes from the Circus area will try next trip!:flower1:

Maybe not a secret , but after living here for 14 years and going to MK hundreds of times, Monday was the first time I ever took my kids to Tom Sawyer's Island. They are 8 and 2 and would not leave. It was so shady and quiet...very nice, especially since the park was PACKED. We walked over a bridge and found some rocking chairs the overlook thunder mnt. It was so nice just to rest there for a bit and watch. We also sat at one of the picnic tables by the little playground and had a snack.

I ALWAYS loved Tom Sawyer's Island as a kid. Then I became "too cool" for it as a teen. I remember going back when I was 30 and remembering how fun this area is. Definitely a great place to go to relax for a bit. Especially if you walk over to Fort Langhorn while you're there. Seems like a lot of people miss that. It's usually not packed at all (at least when I've been there...can't speak for recent years).

I doubt if any of my best kept secrets are secrets at all but here goes a few:

1. I actually love going to the Contemporary Resort (where we always stayed when I was a kid) and looking at the mural with all the goats on it. One of them has 5 legs. I especially like showing it off to people that I know have never seen it.

2. When in World Showcase you should always follow the path that goes farthest back in a country. Seems like a lot of people walk through WS on a mission and don't spend much time exploring. You never know what cool things you might find in the dark corners of WS. I've found near empty shops with cool stuff. More importantly, I've encountered characters with ZERO wait time to get a picture. I'm not sure if they were coming/going offstage, or if they are just wandering characters who happened to be in these quiet areas (making hoping for a break?), but it is wonderful.

3. One of my favorite things to do at the Poly is just walk around. Yep...that's it. Walk around. I don't know why. I think it has beautiful landscaping. I love the white sandy beach. I also really like standing near the edge of the water on one of the docks/walkways. Just something I've always enjoyed. Nothing spectacular. Just my quiet time. When I stayed there I did this in the morning when the rest of my party was sleeping...haha. I'm an early riser.

I know many will disagree, but for me it's Mama Melrose. A lot of people either say they don't like it or just don't know about it or think of going there. We love it and never miss it on a trip. And we don't even do much table service each trip. Every time I eat there the service is great and the food is very good. Also, for Disney, the prices are reasonable.

I totally agree!!! We went to Mama Melrose last Sep for the Fantasmic! Package....it was amazing!!! The food was so much better, IMO, than the Italian Restaurant at Epcot. Would definitely go back, in fact, probably WILL go back on next trip. pirate:

This is great stuff!!! Thanks to all for posting. I am taking mental notes and will be applying several ideas to my next family trip....make myself look like a genius! LOL :rotfl:

1. We love sitting out on the patio at the Hollywood Brown Derby, never had to wait for a table and great limited menu (you also get the regular indoor menu).

2. And another vote for the upstairs of Columbia Harbour House, plenty of seating and a bit quieter.

We used to love hanging out in the writers shop located in the same building as Sci Fi. They used to have a sofa and a couple of comfortable chairs with a TV in there, but the last time we went the furniture had been removed. We always hung out in there watching TV while waiting for our Sci Fi reservation.

We also spent many afternoon breaks in there after grabbing a few snacks from the bakery/coffee counter. It was always a nice place to take a break in air condition in the summer, or a warm place to grab a Coffee on a cold day, or an escape from the rain. I remember my family ducking in there during a rain storm once. We kept dry and got off our feet while watching some Disney shows in a nice comfortable environment inside the park! Was almost like being at home!

At the risk of it getting crowded now, I love breakfast at the French Bakery. Along those lines, I also love going in the IG around 9:00, and after having the above-mentioned breakfast, going and sitting on the chairs outside Rose and Crown, watching people run by towards FW, and watching all the WS CMs come in to work.

Maybe not a secret , but after living here for 14 years and going to MK hundreds of times, Monday was the first time I ever took my kids to Tom Sawyer's Island. They are 8 and 2 and would not leave. It was so shady and quiet...very nice, especially since the park was PACKED. We walked over a bridge and found some rocking chairs the overlook thunder mnt. It was so nice just to rest there for a bit and watch. We also sat at one of the picnic tables by the little playground and had a snack.
to run
YES! this is a fave of my boys as well. it's so quiet, shaded and has lots of room to run and climb and kick back. it's always been a favorite, even though i'm sure many people have it on their skip list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter