Favorite Cookie

The problem is I like too many. Top two for Christmas are sugar cookies rolled out and cut in shapes decorated with colored sugar, and Toll House.

I am not a big fan of snickerdoodles.

My favorite cookie is the white chocolate raspberry cookie from Minnie's Baking Company. My favorite cookie that I can get here in my town is Keebler's Fudge Stripes. The combination of chocolate with the melty shortbread cookie is to die for.

Least favorite cookies are any ones with coconut in them. I really loathe coconut. The flavor is okay, but the consistency reminds me of chewing on fingernail filings.

My favorite cookies are gingerbread cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies, and lemon cookies. I don’t like crunchy cookies, especially Oreos. I agree with BlueStarryHat on coconut, yuck!

I prefer savory over sweet so I don’t really like cookies, but crackle cookies are the kind I probably make the most when I do have to bake. They’re easy, they look nice, and the taste is tolerable.

For cookies at a function on a tray, say, I'm likely to grab either the oatmeal raisin, the peanut butter, the sugar cookie if it's chewy/soft, or the chocolate chocolate chip. (Regular chocolate chip cookies, for some reason, aren't my favorite, except for my sister in law's Toll House.)

Store bought I like Fudge Stripe, too, or chocolate covered grahams, lemon or vanilla wafers, ginger snaps, Milano classic. I don't buy Oreos regularly but we DD bought some peppermint Oreo-type last weekend and they were so good with the peppermint stuffing with a little candy cane in it! (Aldi's)

Homemade cookies my favorites are raspberry thumb print or bar type, Italian or Lemon Biscottis, the peanut butter w Hershey Kiss, or the little almond ones covered with powdered sugar, I forget what they're called. (I am making Raspberry Lemon bars for a party this week!)

italian-biscotti-06-1.jpg

Nestles Toll House recipe when I was a kid. I don't have a clue why, but I can't make them with the recipe on the bag today. Dad was the cookie baker and they were thin and chewy with concentrated flavors. I've tried every kind of way of incorporating the fat (butter, crisco, melted butter, softened butter, etc) and they come out risen up and cake like.

Nestles Toll House recipe when I was a kid. I don't have a clue why, but I can't make them with the recipe on the bag today. Dad was the cookie baker and they were thin and chewy with concentrated flavors. I've tried every kind of way of incorporating the fat (butter, crisco, melted butter, softened butter, etc) and they come out risen up and cake like.

Try the following: (tweak the Nestle toll house recipe as follows):

Increase the sugar to 2 cups (1 cup white sugar/1 cup DARK BROWN sugar)

Use high quality butter like Kerrygold or a similar European butter with a higher fat content. Never use shortening or margarine--do NOT melt the butter, but make sure it is soft

Increase the vanilla extract to 1 TABLESPOON

Make sure you use baking SODA, not powder

Make sure your eggs are LARGE (not extra large or jumbo)

WEIGH YOUR FLOUR. 1 cup is 120 grams. You need 270 grams for this recipe.

Do NOT refrigerate the dough...you want it to spread

Bake the cookies for NO MORE than 8 minutes. They should still look sort of underdone when you take them out. Leave them on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before taking them off.

What is your favorite cookie / cookie recipe? Any types that you simply can not stand?

dd makes a salted chocolate turtle cookie that's killer (so freakin easy-and uses the free cookie dough from papa murphys)

steer me clear of most with coconut (a rare very fresh macaroon is o.k.) as well as any kind of pumpkin spiced cookie.

I love cookies. Choc chip, oatmeal raisin, sugar, cream cheese (my mom makes), bar types like 7 layer, no bake, macaroons (coconut with chocolate on top), shortbread, snickerdoodles, lemon, Italian wedding cookies...

I'd say, at a cookie party, I'd likely choose a big oatmeal raisin first (and sugar and choc chip would also appeal). I would skip gingerbread and peanut butter.

Edit to add...also good are Madeleines

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter