Favorite Disney souvenir from childhood?

My favorite souvenir from when I was a kid was a beach towel that featured River Country on it. We were near the end of our stay and my mom had found a gift store that must have been having a sale on towels, as she said each of we three kids could pick one out. I had loved our trip to River Country so much it seemed appropriate and fitting to commemorate the experience with a towel. I had that thing for years, until it was little more than rags!

I couldn't find a picture of the towel, but this is the design that was on it. The towel also had some lettering saying River Country on it and was taller vs. wider, as in this image.
Concept art (2).jpg

My favorite souvenir from when I was a kid was a beach towel that featured River Country on it. We were near the end of our stay and my mom had found a gift store that must have been having a sale on towels, as she said each of we three kids could pick one out. I had loved our trip to River Country so much it seemed appropriate and fitting to commemorate the experience with a towel. I had that thing for years, until it was little more than rags!

I couldn't find a picture of the towel, but this is the design that was on it. The towel also had some lettering saying River Country on it and was taller vs. wider, as in this image.
View attachment 218728
Oh how great!!! I never visited River Country before it closed! I watched a Disney history show about it and it was fascinating.

Oh how great!!! I never visited River Country before it closed! I watched a Disney history show about it and it was fascinating.
It was a blast! I don't know if River Country was the first water park in the country, but it was certainly the first time I had ever encountered such a thing. I love to swim, and anything to do with water. It was heaven!

When I was a kid, we lived about 2 hours from WDW, so we went at least once a year. Every trip, my grandma got me a new glass figurine of a Disney character. I think she liked them more than I did, but my favorite was the Bambi one, not because I loved Bambi, but because it was just beautiful, really captured young Bambi's innocence. I had them in a box in our old house, but I couldn't find them after our move :(. I've looked for something similar on more recent trips and couldn't find anything of similar quality.

Sorry to butt in as I was 18 my first trip and it was in 2003, but I was so amped to get a Mickey ear hat. I remember getting it at the Chapeau and them embroidering my name with the old machine. The other thing I didn't purchase, but a girl in our group lost her wallet on the monorail. I remember talking to guest services who told us go to go the MK monorail station and ask for a certain person. They put us in the front car with the driver to take us to the Transportation and Ticket Center and the pilot(?) captain (?) gave us this monorail licenses. I need to dig it out and laminate as those are long gone now.

I too have the monorail license... and have to find them, but recently got it in the 2000's not when i was a child.
I remember going in 1996/1997, we stayed off site and went to a small store that sold Disney items...I don't think it was a Disney store, but anyway. I got an autograph book and a stuffed pluto. I don't know where the pluto went to but I recently found the old autograph book that still has a few autographs. :)

I also got a vintage Figment. :) I love figment. :) (You can follow me on instagram under figment_girl86)

I can't remember what the toys were, but the memory surrounding them made them favorites for years. I was 4 in the 90s and we were at Pizza Planet. It was my first visit, and I was all about toy story at that age. So, after we ate my parents took me down to the arcade area and let me play one of the claw machines. Well wouldn't you know it, just like in the movie, I won double prizes at the claw. It's one of my earliest memories!

When I was a kid, we lived about 2 hours from WDW, so we went at least once a year. Every trip, my grandma got me a new glass figurine of a Disney character. I think she liked them more than I did, but my favorite was the Bambi one, not because I loved Bambi, but because it was just beautiful, really captured young Bambi's innocence. I had them in a box in our old house, but I couldn't find them after our move :(. I've looked for something similar on more recent trips and couldn't find anything of similar quality.

Ugh that's just the most depressing thing evar. Have you looked into the Jim Shore Disney line? I love them. I don't know if they're sold at Disney, but they're beautiful.

I too have the monorail license... and have to find them, but recently got it in the 2000's not when i was a child.
I remember going in 1996/1997, we stayed off site and went to a small store that sold Disney items...I don't think it was a Disney store, but anyway. I got an autograph book and a stuffed pluto. I don't know where the pluto went to but I recently found the old autograph book that still has a few autographs. :)

I also got a vintage Figment. :) I love figment. :) (You can follow me on instagram under figment_girl86)

I love Figment too! I don't want to bother with autograph books now, but I've been contemplating a "privacy" screen that is a photo holder? Do you know what I'm talking about? Instead of silk or panels it has a bunch of spots for photos? Anyway I want to get one of those and start putting photos of me with my fave characters in it. #nerd

I can't remember what the toys were, but the memory surrounding them made them favorites for years. I was 4 in the 90s and we were at Pizza Planet. It was my first visit, and I was all about toy story at that age. So, after we ate my parents took me down to the arcade area and let me play one of the claw machines. Well wouldn't you know it, just like in the movie, I won double prizes at the claw. It's one of my earliest memories!

Hahahahaha that's awesome! It's like your generation's answer to pulling the sword from the stone. :D :D :D

I used to have a MASSIVE Piglet and Pooh. I have no idea what happened to them now, but I used to take them all over with me. I used to buckle them in the seat belt and everything. I've been searching for them online, but I haven't come across and yet.

No way! I have the same Small World music box!!! I think my parents picked it up as a souvenir on a Disney World trip they took in the 80s before I was born! I remember playing with it all the time when I was little, and still have it somewhere! My all-time favorite are my Disney pins. We took a Disney Cruise when I was 6, and my Daddy bought a whole bunch of pins and put them in a bag. Every hour I got to reach in and pull out one of my new surprise pins! All these years later, I still collect pins, but those are my favorites! My Mom's favorite Disney souvenir is a squeaky rubber doll of Jock the Scottie from Lady and the Tramp. She picked him out as her souvenir on a trip to Disneyland (probably early to mid 60s) when she was a kid. We still have him too! Disney souvenirs have lots of sentimental value in my family! :)

448175d0a1fa4603ff866b2fd0b5dcaf.jpg
My Uncle and cousin brought this back for me in the 90's! I still have it at my Dad's house. They also brought me Disney Dollars :)

(**Not my picture, got it online for reference :) )

Mine is a Big Al cookie jar. My mother bought it on our very first trip to WDW in February 1979. It was on our kitchen counter for many years. My sister has it now.

2 that I got rid of over the years :(:confused3:sick:..... A super cool frosted glass polynesian tiki cup that I got at a dinner once...and an awesome Big Al stuffie I bought when I was 16..... it was so much bigger and cooler than the ones sold today..... I can't believe I didn't keep this stuff

I have a minnie mouse watch and minnie earrings that I have now passed to my oldest DD.

My brothers have these cool shrunken heads that they saved.

My Mom recently found an old Epcot Bag that my grandparent had purchased for me on one of our many trips to WDW (they live in Florida so we would go often). I'm thinking of taking it to the park with me when we go this time and having the characters sign it but it would be an extra bag to carry around with us. Anyway, it's just neat because it's from the 80s and you can't get them anymore.

I wasn't a kid in 1992 on my first WDW trip. I was actually in my early twenties...but there was this musical figurine of Belle that I spotted my first day there. She played the theme to Beauty and the Beast while revolving and I fell in love. But she was sort of expensive, so I walked on. I went to "visit" this figurine every time I was in the MK, and finally on the last day of the trip I gave in and bought her. She remains loved by me after all these years:

Belle_zpscd97fec4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!